Mac OS X Lion Bugs

Just experienced an issue with waking up from sleep after 18 hours (regarding my iMac 27" 2010 - not me!).

The wireless Apple Keyboard, Trackpad and wireless mouse could not be detected even when I pressed their power buttons to "reconnect". Seems like there is a bug with power management, specifically waking from sleep with bluetooth peripherals.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Really? Weird, must just be me.

Did you do a clean install? you tend to find that people who do have issues with Mac OS X tend to have lots of stuff left over from the last version of Mac OS X that can cause problems.

I've noticed on rebooting with Safari open in full screen mode that it overlays the tabs and address bar onto the main desktop. Fix for the time being is quit out of safari before rebooting (it's better than having to close everything after the reboot), but that kind of defeats the purpose of the fast resume.

In Leopard when Wifi disconnected on me it would auto-reconnect, Lion now only does a manual reconnect, but it does have a very informative network diagnostic window.

Just experienced an issue with waking up from sleep after 18 hours (regarding my iMac 27" 2010 - not me!).

The wireless Apple Keyboard, Trackpad and wireless mouse could not be detected even when I pressed their power buttons to "reconnect". Seems like there is a bug with power management, specifically waking from sleep with bluetooth peripherals.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I had a 2011 with that problem under 10.7 and 10.6. I returned it after 8 days.

A few bugs that I've noticed with Lion:

1. Safari - Google search suggestions in the toolbar do not display when Safari is in full-screen mode

2. The computer takes a very long time to go to sleep, but wakes up very quickly.

Did you do a clean install? you tend to find that people who do have issues with Mac OS X tend to have lots of stuff left over from the last version of Mac OS X that can cause problems.

I did an upgrade for time savings sake, with the intention of doing a clean install a few weeks down the line. You're probably right though.

Another bug in Safari 5.1: The 'Safari Web Content' process (i.e. the WebKit2 renderer) is using up a lot of resources - it's not uncommon for it to use upwards of 1.1 GB of RAM out of 4 GB on my machine, and that's with only 8 - 10 tabs open. Every once in a while said process is restarted seemingly out of the blue. I can't reproduce what triggers the restart though.

My FF 8.0a1 nightly x64 uses 1.2GB combined for resources on 32 tabs though. so that is a lot for safari on only 8-10 tabs! woah!

Icons for Mission Control, App Store and FaceTime keep reappearing in the Dock after a reboot even though I've removed them many times. unsure.gif

Icons for Mission Control, App Store and FaceTime keep reappearing in the Dock after a reboot even though I've removed them many times. unsure.gif

That's odd, since i've removed those icons apart from appstore and they don't reappear.

That's odd, since i've removed those icons apart from appstore and they don't reappear.

I thought it might be a bug due to installing Lion over SL but I've just done a clean install and the same thing is happening. shiftyninja.gif

I thought it might be a bug due to installing Lion over SL but I've just done a clean install and the same thing is happening. shiftyninja.gif

That makes me really happy for having done an upgrade over a clean install :p

All those bugs I have, people with a clean install also have them.

- When you move the Launchpad icon in the Dock, sometimes it will come back to its original place, sometimes not. What triggers that? I have no idea.

I had to rebuild permissions with OnyX after upgrade. Seems to have cured everything that was wrong with mine.

The only other thing was Mac Update Desktop stopped working out of the blue, had to delete a few files cache wise that aren't wiped out with App Zapper then reinstall, all was well after that.

Yuppy, a buggy release indeed.

Yes, I?ve been owning a Mac since 10.4.6 I think, and this is the buggiest release of OS X that I have ever tried so far. I think 10.7.1 is going to be big and released very soon.

The only bug I've experienced so far is the double launchpad apps that have been mentioned in the GM thread. Thankfully it doesn't really bother me since I have no interest in using launchpad.

1. in safari 5.1 say i have 2 tabs open one neowin and one amazon both will pop up after quitting even tho in settings there set to open homepage only or even if i have one page open i quit and come back it starts with last viewed page!!!! not my home page as is set in settings.

2.in mail 5.0 i have one account (gmail) yet i have 2 trash bins ??? one says on my mac and other says gmail ??? why can't it be like in snow lep one trash can ?? wheres this "on my mac" one come from ??

3. duplicate entries on ical and iPhone ??? seems to have sorted its self out since I've hidden one (gmail) calendar on mac

these are whats ****ing me off so far since upgrading to lion , granted I'm a apple newb as only had the macbook 2 weeks or so but its been an easy transfer from pc to mac

I think Apple did a messed up job with the login animation. Sometimes the Menu Bar doesn't show up at all, sometimes it goes from opaque to translucent, sometimes the Apple logo doesn't show and pops into view after the animation is done etc.

Honestly, is this what Apple wants people to see when they login to their computer? :/

Anyone experience this. With the Dock set to Hide. Apps don't fill the screen. There is a gap at the bottom. Seems to happen in all apps. rolleyes.gif

778036856.png

1. in safari 5.1 say i have 2 tabs open one neowin and one amazon both will pop up after quitting even tho in settings there set to open homepage only or even if i have one page open i quit and come back it starts with last viewed page!!!! not my home page as is set in settings.

That's not a bug, it's "resume" resuming your session