I don't know who apple is marketing to anymore

Does this mean that Apple is now forcing software makers for their Mac ecosystem to comply with Mac App Store guidelines? Although I am not sure, I am thinking this is the reason.

their are guidelines to get your app on the mac app store, but you don't have to have your app on there. it's a desktop OS, you can distribute your software whatever way you like

and why you people have to hate on someone who wants to buy an apple laptop is ridiculous. most of the assesments and comparison in this thread are stupid at best. compare a premium laptop to a premium laptop (i.e. a higher end asus/sony/samsung laptop to a macbook pro) then it's fair. not that 300-500 BS you can get at any best buy that seems that is exactly the same as a macbook...

people like macs, love what they get for their money. good for them. you PC people don't like it, think you can get better hardware for better prices (and maybe you can) go for it. but sitting there and going on some sort of holy crusade against mac people only makes you look like a dbag, and elitist dbag at that. You know? the thing you all call mac people...