Source Code

I just finished watching this movie, and damn... great flick. Whoever marketed this movie did a horrible job, because the trailers and marketing material really didn't explain the movie well. I mean, I get that they're not going to use spoilers, but I think it could've been marketed better even without any spoilers -- just the basic information.

I don't want to go too far in-depth, other than to say I loved the story, acting, and the simplicity of the effects and sets. It all just worked as one great, cohesive unit. Saying much else could lead to spoilers.

Just rent it. You'll likely thank me.

It's a really good film and I agree with you on the movie's marketing. The trailer has a noticeably different feel to it than the movie. I absolutely loved the ending.

I've seen it 4 or 5 times, haven't got tired of it yet. Brilliant concept.

Interesting movie and the ending is indeed great....leaves much to interpretation...

Spoiler:

The end from a real standpoint is impossible: If he saved the train and the carbomb (like he did in the end), he wouldnt have entered the Source Code in the first place as there was no situation to try out the project therfore he would have never met the girl, the original person on the train would still be talking to her, etc etc.

Spoiler:

The end from a real standpoint is impossible: If he saved the train and the carbomb (like he did in the end), he wouldnt have entered the Source Code in the first place as there was no situation to try out the project therfore he would have never met the girl, the original person on the train would still be talking to her, etc etc.

Depends on your interpretation, there was heavy hinting to the fact that if they changed the course of events a new parallel universe would be created where the changes played out and the original universe would still play out as it did in the 8 min loop, just like Quantum Physics suggests that for every decision a new parallel dimension branches off for every outcome of a decision.

Depends on your interpretation, there was heavy hinting to the fact that if they changed the course of events a new parallel universe would be created where the changes played out and the original universe would still play out as it did in the 8 min loop, just like Quantum Physics suggests that for every decision a new parallel dimension branches off for every outcome of a decision.

It was more than a hint, a parallel universe was created. The problem lies is that one of the parallel universes directly depends on the creation of another.

Example (dont worry about that ages just in the numbers): A in born in 88 and B in born in 89, A and B meet in 90, A and B marry in 91, A and B have a child named C in 92, C goes back to 87, 88 arrives and C kills A as soon as A is born. That universe would be destroyed.

It was more than a hint, a parallel universe was created. The problem lies is that one of the parallel universes directly depends on the creation of another.

Example (dont worry about that ages just in the numbers): A in born in 88 and B in born in 89, A and B meet in 90, A and B marry in 91, A and B have a child named C in 92, C goes back to 87, 88 arrives and C kills A as soon as A is born. That universe would be destroyed.

Why would it be destroyed, the new universe was created when C made the choice to go back in time to 87. C would never be born in this parallel universe but would still exist as the alternate C from 92 would be there.

Reading this thread is like reading sourcecode LOL.

We watched the move last week and were pretty impressed. It will be something to later add to our library on Blu-Ray, but for now, it was good to stream it through Vudu.

The story was pretty easy to follow and I agree, the trailers didn't do it justice, but....to go further in the trailers would be giving more of the movie away that shouldn't be given away. So, it was probably the best they could do.

One of the better movies I have watched this year. I also really liked Moon, so it seems I am a fan of this Duncan dude or whatever his name is movies.

Why would it be destroyed, the new universe was created when C made the choice to go back in time to 87. C would never be born in this parallel universe but would still exist as the alternate C from 92 would be there.

C would not be there because he was never made.

C would not be there because he was never made.

That is if you think there is only one universe. What the movie suggests, and some members here suggest, is that changing things from the past would create a new universe, parallel to the one existing already.

The real issue here is that, if this were to be true in the movie, then every trip the character took to the past ended up in creating alternate universes with alternating outcomes (except the ones at the start where the train explodes).

What makes no sense at all is that in the alternate universe, the original personality of the person the character takes over ceases to exist in an instant.

just watched this the other day and let me just say without spoilers, i knew who it was from the first play through and told my wife and at the end she was VERY unhappy with me.

Just saw this movie and I agree with others, the trailers don't do it justice.

Great film with an awesome ending.