STUDY: Internet Explorer Users Are Dumber

I have Chrome for personal use and IE8 to develop ASP pages. I really dont like IE8 but IE9 is nice with a lot of improvements, and I have it at home. I know a lot of websites that refuses to work in Chrome, so, I have to open the same website in IE9.

I know why IE9 is set for "dumb", it's because any other browser is toooooooo difficult to use. Now, if someone tells me that "any dumb can use Chrome, FF, Safari".... so, what browser is for dumb and what browser is set to intelligent ??

This study is completely nonsense, pointless, "purchased" for people that works at any company, except for Microsoft.

That made me laugh xD I'm not surprised though. The only people I know who use IE don't even know what a browser is, let alone that IE is the reason their system is infested with viruses, rootkits, and malware.

To me it's quite obvious that anybody with half a brain would never use IE. With so many much better choices like Firefox, Chromium, Opera, Konqueror, Epiphony, Elinks, Lynx, or Links -g, why would they subject themselves to such anguish?

It's funny, people will respond to this and go "omigosh its sooooooooo true im so smrat 4 not use ie". But go and post thread a thread saying that the Norwegian gunman used x browser, so people who use that browser are more likely to be neo-nazis...

Guaranteed 30+ page ragefest decrying the article and how such observations are stupid and how untrue they are.

U mad bro? :blink:

That made me laugh xD I'm not surprised though. The only people I know who use IE don't even know what a browser is, let alone that IE is the reason their system is infested with viruses, rootkits, and malware.

To me it's quite obvious that anybody with half a brain would never use IE. With so many much better choices like Firefox, Chromium, Opera, Konqueror, Epiphony, Elinks, Lynx, or Links -g, why would they subject themselves to such anguish?

:rolleyes: You're claiming that Internet Explorer is the reason many people have viruses, rootkits, and malware on their computer? Do you actually know anything about technology, or software in particular?

I'm an Internet Explorer user simply because I deem it the best browser. Internet Explorer 9 is very secure and the features are great. Come back to me when the browser you use allows me to pin a website to the Windows Taskbar, with that Taskbar entry supporting Jumplists and overlay notifications (Y)

To add, I'm a very intelligent person. This study is pointless.

isnt their use in an inferior browser proof enough?

IE9 really isnt all that bad however, i still refuse to use it lol.

You call yourself a techie and refuse to use new tech? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Still holds true. Try viewing http://www.themeparkhype.com/ and tell me what you see different?

Yup, that's there finding with IQ and a possible explanation as to why. The conclusion of the report says more study is needed. But it's interesting that 5 years ago the IQ's were not that different from people that use different browsers.

I don't understand you're point. I would blame the developer of this site for the inconsistencies. This is just stupid.

227294692t.jpg

In general I think anyone who only uses 1 browser is dumb. I use IE9, FF7, Chrome, Safari.

Yea if you are a website developer but for general use one is enough for most people.

:rolleyes: You're claiming that Internet Explorer is the reason many people have viruses, rootkits, and malware on their computer? Do you actually know anything about technology, or software in particular?

I can only speak from personal experience and from what I've seen on other people's machines. I don't profess to be an expert in anyway though.

I'm an Internet Explorer user simply because I deem it the best browser. Internet Explorer 9 is very secure and the features are great. Come back to me when the browser you use allows me to pin a website to the Windows Taskbar, with that Taskbar entry supporting Jumplists and overlay notifications

I prefer to use cross-platform software, including browsers, so those things don't personally interest me. But I can see you probably aren't what I would deem a "normal IE user", that is, someone who is computer illiterate.

To add, I'm a very intelligent person. This study is pointless.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Illusory_superiority

Drawing generalities from anecdotal evidence is a logical fallacy.

In general I think anyone who only uses 1 browser is dumb. I use IE9, FF7, Chrome, Safari.

I use Firefox and Elinks myself, but I view four as a little excessive.

It's hard to take you seriously when you mention Lynx, Links -g, and Elinks as better browsers.

I don't see the latest IE being reason that they get infected, I see more flash and java exploits causing that.

I use Firefox and Elinks myself, but I view four as a little excessive.

Not if you're a web developer, you want to test with the 4 popular browsers(Chrome, Safari Firefox and IE)

I can only speak from personal experience and from what I've seen on other people's machines. I don't profess to be an expert in anyway though.

I see. Well, just so you know, it's majorly down to the sites the users go on and what things they blindly download or click "Yes" to. Even when Internet Explorer was less secure than the other browsers, I never once had problems with my PC.

I prefer to use cross-platform software, including browsers, so those things don't personally interest me. But I can see you probably aren't what I would deem a "normal IE user", that is, someone who is computer illiterate.

Yeah, the majority of computer illiterate users do unfortunately use Internet Explorer; that's another thing that has led to so many illiterate users unjustly blaming Internet Explorer when they foolishly installed malware on their machines.

https://secure.wikim...ory_superiority

Anecdotal evidence is a logical fallacy.

I never overestimate my qualities, and I also point out my bad qualities. I'm just honest :)

Reading the report, it looks like they used an actual WAIS test. I'm more interested in their test than the study results :p (too bad it looks like they took it down already) That was probably the most accurate online test when it was available.

Anyone who considers themselves to be tech-oriented can't limit themselves to one browser/OS. I own both Windows and Mac machines.

I agree, that's why I use both Firefox 5 and Chrome 13. It's my opinion and I don't care how the Microsoft fanboy community reacts to it, but generally speaking, if someone uses Internet Explorer exclusively, I view them as less tech-oriented. That pretty much sums up most of the people on this thread. :D

LMFAO! The fact that you would even need to perform some sort of grammar check before posting something instead of just typing it correctly speaks volumes, dude. I'm really hoping English is your second language, though you do appear to be from NY...

I am from NYC where there are a lot of better things to do then talk to idiots on a forum. Excuse me for having a busy life to correct spelling or grammar for THIS site. Seriously, people that pick on grammar or spelling on an internet forum have nothing better to say. Please bring something else to the table or STFU. Good day.

I agree, that's why I use both Firefox 5 and Chrome 13. It's my opinion and I don't care how the Microsoft fanboy community reacts to it, but generally speaking, if someone uses Internet Explorer exclusively, I view them as less tech-oriented. That pretty much sums up most of the people on this thread. :D

I am from NYC where there are a lot of better things to do then talk to idiots on a forum. Excuse me for having a busy life to correct spelling or grammar for THIS site. Seriously, people that pick on grammar or spelling on an internet forum have nothing better to say. Please bring something else to the table or STFU. Good day.

I am sure there are better things to do on a forum then putting down others by calling them less tech-oriented and pumping up your ego.

I don't understand you're point. I would blame the developer of this site for the inconsistencies. This is just stupid.

227294692t.jpg

I'm sorry, but the obvious inconstancy is the curved buttons not appearing on IE, also the drop-downs generally don't operate with this theme on IE This theme is the Nominate theme for WordPress. Go to the Showcase gallery for this theme and see for yourself. It is one of many things such as general CSS/JAVA Scripts that simply does not work for IE ONLY unless SPECIFICALLY written for IE.

Just do a simple Google search on Cross-Platform browser compatibility for web design and you can see how 99% of the time, Internet Explorer is the odd man out. Even me writing this on this site is laughable. You people do know this, right? Or do you bury your heads in the sand hoping it goes away?

I am sure there are better things to do on a forum then putting down others by calling them less tech-oriented and pumping up your ego.

Simply responding, as you can see, I pretty much ignored it until Sunday night here in NY. It's not worth looking at such stupid comments during the weekend. Right? But thanks for you somewhat clever input. Have a good day.

I'm an IE user and I have to admit that I feel dumber after reading the article... :/

I'm a Firefox user, and I feel dumber after reading this thread... :/

Study ?

I thought, its obvious ... lol

LMAO

I wouldnt say "dumb", more like "Computer illiterate".

The ammount of times I get called over to fix a parents computer, open IE and see this.

iemess211.jpg

That's a horror.

I wouldnt say "dumb", more like "Computer illiterate".

The ammount of times I get called over to fix a parents computer, open IE and see this.

iemess211.jpg

Baahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahha :rofl:

I just almost fell off my chair!!!

*Saves Image*