Windows Phone hardware update packages begin rolling out

Roger H.

Threads Merged

articuno1au

Just got my Trophy up to date.

The difference in touch screen responsiveness is MASSIVE. Scrolling the start screen (lock screen or whatever) up was always a tiny bit sluggish. Not it's so fast I can't stop it if I try D:

It's awesome.. Didn't notice any difference in call quality though >.>

EDIT:: Shotta confused the living hell out of me earlier D: I used the mini spy to visit the article, and when I got into it the name had changed and it wasn't the same thread I remembered >.>

I went back to work out what was going on, and the thread disappeared from the mini spy D:

Confused the hell out of me :p Perfect timing.

norseman

Yup, focus 1.4 was the last update before mango. Focus 1.3 won't get the security update.

Where do I find the version number for my Focus? Not in Settings is it? I couldn't find it there.

primexx

Where do I find the version number for my Focus? Not in Settings is it? I couldn't find it there.

bottom of settings has an about page

M_Lyons10

Ah, so the Trophy is getting the hardware update on Vodafone? Does anyone know if it's coming to Verizon customers? I didn't realize the carriers were involved in this one.

I still haven't gotten any sort of notification...

~Johnny

Ah, so the Trophy is getting the hardware update on Vodafone? Does anyone know if it's coming to Verizon customers? I didn't realize the carriers were involved in this one.

I still haven't gotten any sort of notification...

You have a slightly different hardware revision in on Verizon than the European models, so you'd get a different package, which might not be ready yet (CDMA and other small bits). Considering the Verizon Trophy only came out a month or two ago, it may have actually come shipped with these updates already in it (though that's just conjecture on my part).

M_Lyons10

Oh, O.K. I didn't realize that the Trophy on Verizon was that far behind the rest of the world's Trophy.

Should the firmware version be the same, or would it be different anyway?

primexx

Oh, O.K. I didn't realize that the Trophy on Verizon was that far behind the rest of the world's Trophy.

Should the firmware version be the same, or would it be different anyway?

different cellular technologies would probably end up with different firmware versions, but you know you're getting screwed with a carrier branded phone either way.