It's here!

I suppose we could hide that for people that are logged in :)

That's not a bad idea (Y)

mabye have a social icon somewhere where all the social stuff will be and you hover on it if you wanna use it?

Just going to have to wait for the black theme.

---

Does Neowin follow user feedback? We've given tons of feedback, and nothing has been done so far, same applies for previous theme changes.

You do know that Jan's wishes aren't the say of the whole group right? Stuff is taken into consideration and then some coding and testing needs to be done then it goes into live production servers.

There is a darkside theme already as remixedcat mentioned already.

There are some bugs that are still being worked out so give it some time. There is high demand as well as some of the bugs causing server problems but at the sametime.

Believe me, we would love to do that, but it simply comes down to a matter of revenue. If we load the content in via AJAX, then it doesn't count as another page view, and we end up losing out massively in terms of income from the ad providers. When they get around to providing a solution to that (believe me, I keep bugging them), we'll implement more of that stuff for sure.

I completely understand, those hamsters won't feed themselves. Perhaps it's something that can be offered for Level2 subscribers? I'd be willing to buy a sub if that was the case.

would also like to point out that we have added support for IE9 jumplists in pegasus, while on Neowin its just settings->file->Add site to start menu

Jase, that would be nice I'm on 1920x1080 @ 23 in and I would love a widescreen layout.

Just fixed my viewing troubles by changing the default font from Arial to Tahoma and switched to Darkside, much nicer now.

We will be getting any unification with the forums again?

Really nice new look!!! but the scroll is slow as hell in Chrome, perfect in IE9 though.

I guess it's not neowin's fault, but chrome is my default browser... so it bothers.

From the poll topic:

I like it a lot, more professional and clean IMO. Would actually like the forums to be redesigned similarly to the main page (Y)

It's great, site loads quickly for me, and is definitely much nicer than before. In general the content organisation is similar but the articles look better, but give them a bit more air. (Y)

Loving the colours too (Y)

I donno about anyone else, but when reading large amounts of text I don't want it to fill my whole wide-screen, it's just too much. If I need too I'll pivot my screen 90degrees and read it in portrait mode, but if not then I resize the window ( or in most cases, do nothing, as most programs, and websites don't default to fill the whole screen either.. they use a "Page" based design that uses a fixed width, like here )..

This doesn't relate to the topic all that much but I will point out that Neowin is awesome on a portrait monitor. Even if Neowin decided to expand the width, users could always correct that by using a browser window that wasn't maximized.

Is there any feedback section for the new "theme" update where people can submit bugs? Here's one in the "Add Comment" section:

weirdbackgroundpng.jpg

Please do not disable transparent images as avatars because of this problem. After you post the comment the issue goes away.

we finally have comment voting!

The new look is awesome, but if you have feedback (other than it suxs) we are open to suggestions.

We do listen to feedback, there is evidence oif this by the amount of staff replies to this thread.

When we released Atlas, half of the people commenting on it "hated" it too, because you can't please everyone.

Well I have to ask what exactly was wrong with the old design, or the one before that. I see a lot of needless changes on neowin, and it's a trend that's occurred with a lot of other sites over the past few years. My experience of sites going through a plethora of changes is a negative one... It smacks of paranoia and a lack of self belief.

This site crawls for me now. Trying to reply to this post took a good 25 seconds to respond.