Limitless

One of the best and most thoughtful movies I have seen in a long time. biggrin.gif 4 thumbs up (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)

MV5BMTY3NjczNzc5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzA2MzQyNA@@._V1._SX296_SY438_.jpg

An action-thriller about a writer who takes an experimental drug that allows him to use 100 percent of his mind. As one man evolves into the perfect version of himself, forces more corrupt than he can imagine mark him for assassination.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219289/

• 4 weeks later...

I watched it the other day myself... very good movie and great ending! I blame netflix for not letting me see it earlier cause of the stupid 28 day waiting and then VERY LONG wait time!!

it was good but not great. i give it a 7/10 (or a 3.5 out of 5 star) (typically anything i give a 6/10 or lower = Thumbs Down. 7/10 or higher = Thumbs Up)

out of the 22-23 total films i have seen in 2011 so far... i would say Limitless places roughly 7th or so.

p.s. my favorite film of 2011 so far (out of the 22-23 total films i have seen for 2011) is... 'Source Code' (8/10 (hence 4 out of 5 star)). i don't see much else challenging that for the rest of the year besides... Drive/In Time/Mission Impossible 4. all three of which i expect to make my Top 5 of 2011.

If done properly, this movie could have an awesome sequel in so many ways:

1. Evil Villain taking the same substance.

2. Improvement over previous formula, but suddenly goes wrong, tries to take over the world :p etc.

Mediocre, standard movie. There was nothing special about it, and the storyline really didn't do anything interesting. There were a lot of events that didn't really lead to anything, and there really wasn't a major dilemma the main character was facing (beyond typical stuff associated with any sort of movie even remotely similar to this). That said, it's a decent watch. Just don't expect much.

2.5/5