-Now Bill Gates has more money than U.S. Treasury!

Now Bill Gates has more money than U.S. Treasury

As the debate goes on about raising the federal debt limit, the amount of cash in the U.S. Treasury gets drawn down, with the latest amount on Friday hitting $54 billion.

So the bloggers who pointed out that Apple Inc. had more money (about $76 billion) than the government on Wednesday (about $74 billion) are now drawing the comparison to the wealth of some of the richest people in the world.

Specifically, Microsoft Corp. founder Bill Gates' personal worth (now estimated at about $56 billion) is currently greater than the amount of cash in the U.S. Treasury.

Full Article

(Note: And had Bill Gates not donated most of his wealth to charity, he would have been richer than Apple, today.)

post-345940-0-85236800-1312073331.png

And when Tuesday passes and the debt ceiling has not been raised, I will have more money than the US Treasury.

What a gay article.

FMH better keep it up and post every single person that gets richer than the US GOV before Tuesday; useless article.

If he spends $1million a day, it'd take over 150 years to spend all of his remaining wealth. Boggles the mind :blink:

FMH better keep it up and post every single person that gets richer than the US GOV before Tuesday; useless article.

:blink: This article was posted on several magazines and blogs.

And when Tuesday passes and the debt ceiling has not been raised, I will have more money than the US Treasury.

What a gay article.

I came in here set to make this very post.. so +1 lol

What a gay article.

Lol ya, come Tuesday, most Americans will have more than the country :p

Cash is one thing, what about assets? I am sure the US Gov has far more worth in assets than anyone. Hell a single aircraft carrier is a couple billion, stealth bomber cool billion. Everyone hung up on cash but that is only one piece of the bottom line.

Truly inspirational, especially considering that his wealth is due to his ideas and business sense and not something he was born into. An American hero :)

Hell a single aircraft carrier is a couple billion, stealth bomber cool billion.

Unfortunately, those are things that just can?t be given away to pay debts...

Unfortunately, those are things that just can?t be given away to pay debts...

The point is assets. But there are many countries that would pay top dollar for US military equipment if the need arose.

Yeah.

I was just joking :p

He's already given billions away, and good on him for doing so >.<

yeah..... he has given like 26 billion....

comeon steve jobs.... he is a greedy AH

• 4 months later...