Neowin Pegasus Theme v1.3 released

Whoa!!! What a lovely and simple theme. It actually reminds me of the older Shift theme (it loads fast and looks very simple. So simple that dialup users wouldn't have problems viewing it

(I'm actually on ADSL2+. I'm just saying that it loads so fast :) ).

Well done. :)

A forum theme will come with IPB 3.2 theres no point in investing time, cost and effort for this version which will be going shortly!

Good point.

I liked Pegasus 1.0 as well. Alas, good to see staff reacting to user requests so quickly. (Y)

Did that - still nowt happening. Got me knackered and I have to crash for an early start tomorrow so I'll leave it for now.

Neowin now uses a "cookieless" domain to load content such as images and CSS from static.neow.in and in *some* cases this change hasn't taken too quickly, for example in Firefox 6 a lot of the content was missing for me.

To fix it I flushed my DNS (which forces an update) by opening a command prompt (as administrator on Windows) and typing ipconfig /flushdns and then hitting enter.

So if you are seeing this problem, you can give that a try and it should fix it.

Posted yesterday :p Might help you.

Legacy theme looks neat. It's Atlas 2 but slightly improved. :)

Oh shi-, whats Elessar going to whinge about now youve given him the option to go back to the old theme.

Tile 8 is purty, love the watercolor-ishness of it.

A quick question here, why do the fonts Cabin, Lato and PT Sans appear the same when selected?

Plus they render awfully on Windows without DirectWrite.

capture.png

Two suggestions:

Can you move the neowin logo into the sections bar next to the sections?

and

Can we change the capital N into n? :p

Two suggestions:

Can you move the neowin logo into the sections bar next to the sections?

and

Can we change the capital N into n? :p

Sorry, but both of those will not happen with this update.

Site is called Neowin.net, we're proud to now have the proper CaSe in the logo :p

Can you fix the painfully choppy scrolling in Google Chrome? this is the only site i have the scrolling issue with and it was fine on Atlas.

Can you fix the painfully choppy scrolling in Google Chrome? this is the only site i have the scrolling issue with and it was fine on Atlas.

Scrolling is flawless for me with google chrome beta.

Site is called Neowin.net, we're proud to now have the proper CaSe in the logo :p

I guess you don't care about us then, I'm leaving this site!

:p

Chrome is not alone with that. I was testing it with firefox. It's a little better, but also... ugly. It seems the IE9 has no problems.

The N is now n on my screen so it has changed.

edit

Oh i see it has changed only for the Legacy theme. ;)

Nice improvements...but can you consider reducing the size of the article thumbnail images? They are just way too big and distracting to the point it's a struggle just to focus on the actual text. Also, try to increase the contrast (e.g. use lighter color fonts) for the darkside theme.

Kudos to the extended width featured too.

Chrome is not alone with that. I was testing it with firefox. It's a little better, but also... ugly. It seems the IE9 has no problems.

I tested it in chrome, opera, and firefox and had no scrolling problems in any of them :/ Seems like it may not necessarily be a browser specific issue

I guess you don't care about us then, I'm leaving this site!

:p

Yeah, that's the impression I get :/

I tested it in chrome, opera, and firefox and had no scrolling problems in any of them :/ Seems like it may not necessarily be a browser specific issue

strange. But my computer is absolute alright for internet and more. So I can exclude a hardware problem.

Update: Now I was also testing it with Opera. No Problems with Opera. Just with Chrome and Firefox. In Chrome is really awful.

Ahhh, finally, many great improvements? so far.

Legacy Theme is definitely the best. IMO it should be the default theme. It fixes the capital N on the logo, the lack of contrast, the square-ish corners, and gives us the usual color scheme that we?re now used to.

Here?s a few suggestions in order of importance :

• Inspire yourself from the old comments section from Atlas, it was so much better. It is my biggest "turn-off" on the new theme at the moment.
  • Definitely remove the "About this author" square by default. Hovering on his name or clicking on it makes more sense
  • Switch the thumbnail for each article on the right
  • Make the comments button next to each article a little darker