Water Out of Thin Air ...

GRANITE SHOALS, Texas (KXAN) - Terry LeBleu of Granite Shoals is not worried about how to water his lawn or water restrictions in our time of drought. He also is not rushing out to buy bottled water. That is because he invented a machine that makes water out of the air.

The machine is called the Drought-Master.

portable-well-3.gif

"These make pure water," said LeBleu. "The water never touches the ground. It is strictly straight out of the air. We have oceans of water in the air, in the sky. All you have to do is pull it out and condense it down."

LeBleu said moisture-laden air is pulled through the machine's generator, condenses it and then exhausts the purified air. The captured water is then filtered and is actually drinkable.

"It is ready on demand. It is good emergency water," he explained.

The patented machine is now on the market and plugs into an electric outlet. It can produce 5- to 7- gallons a day.

LeBleu sent water samples for analysis to Stevens Ecology in Mosier, Oregon. According to the company, the test water samples based on standards set up by the Environmental Protection Agency, Association of Analytical Chemists, American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association and the Water Pollution Control Federation.

Test results show that the water LeBleu's machine makes is free of metals like zinc and copper and has no coliform bacteria.

LeBleu said the company likened his water to sterilized distilled water.

A few Hill Country residents have LeBleu's machine in and around their homes. Even local celebrities like Willie Nelson bought a couple and has them on his ranch.

His machine comes in 27 different styles and can cost anywhere from $499-$599.

More information can be found on LeBleu's web site, www.droughtmasters.net/

source

video

I have one of those too. It's called a dehumidifier. I got it at Home Depot for my basement.

I would love to know how much electricity is used to produce one gallon of water.... this could make or break his invention

I have one of those too. It's called a dehumidifier. I got it at Home Depot for my basement.

:rofl:

Wow that is pretty cool. but I am sure the water utilities will be hating it as they are effectively the ones who are losing out!

Wow that is pretty cool. but I am sure the water utilities will be hating it as they are effectively the ones who are losing out!

I'm sure electric companies will love this thing, especially in dry arid climates where it will barely work.

I'm sure electric companies will love this thing, especially in dry arid climates where it will barely work.

I can't believe people are just plugging these things in and leaving them running 24/7 laugh.gif

This guy is going to be rather unpopular when everyone in his home town next get their meters read.

my central AC system puts out about 5 gallons of condensate a day...... so this whole system works, just very inefficient for water production.. considering a central AC system usually uses 1 or 2 KW to run

This.

Also my central air has a built in dehumidifier.. water is constantly going down a big clear tube into the drain.

Brilliant, now you can be a millionaire as well!

LOL is this a joke article?

Anyone want to buy my magic water-box? It might say "Frigidaire" on it, but trust me, I made it. Runs on magic, but must be plugged in.

Hey, I saw these things in a movie back in 1977! Some old sci-fi thing that no one has probably ever heard of called "Star Wars". See, there was this kid who lived in the desert and he and his family were "moisture farmers", who used things like this to get water.

:whistle:

I would love to know how much electricity is used to produce one gallon of water.... this could make or break his invention

In the video, it says 4 cents of electricity, per gallon of water.

If this machine could be paired with solar panels, it would be fairly cheap to produce water.

distilled water

enough said

this water isn't even conductive!

Why do you want 'conductive' water ?

In the video, it says 4 cents of electricity, per gallon of water.

If this machine could be paired with solar panels, it would be fairly cheap to produce water.

so i can run my wife's vibrator ...

On a serious note, unless this guy's invetion is an outstanding feat of engineering, this is just a simple dehumidifier (as many have said and was my first thought seeing the title)

Never the less, fact remains, if and only if, this thing requires only 4c to run 1gallon, then africa will become an oasis (granted this is proportional to the humidity in the air)

yeah i was thinking it just seams like a normal water distilling machine, unless it has some sort of magic behind it then its standard fair that has been around for many years.

not that I want conductive water, but if its not conductive it don't have any minerals in it.

Some argue that if you drink distilled water, and urinate any of these vital minerals, that there is a net loss. I get the impression that the dissolving/extracting power of distilled water is very high, and that drinking it will draw out many good chemicals (in addition to the bad impurities) from your body.

LOL, thats exactly what he is using, a portable AC unit with the top part chopped off, it looks like a modified Sunpentown Portable AC unit. Like this one.. _data_images_cache_1558_WA-1010E.jpg

What a joke, I bet the original writer thought "OMG WOW BLACK MAGIC"

BTW nice website - http://droughtmasters.net/

What is that, Geocities with a hint of Frontpage 1.0?

LOL, thats exactly what he is using, a portable AC unit with the top part chopped off, it looks like a modified Sunpentown Portable AC unit. Like this one.. _data_images_cache_1558_WA-1010E.jpg

What a joke, I bet the original writer thought "OMG WOW BLACK MAGIC"

BTW nice website - http://droughtmasters.net/

What is that, Geocities with a hint of Frontpage 1.0?

The site makes my eyes sad.

Nice, everyones coughs and colds and germs and farts and sneezes all floating into the machine, then condensed into a lovely "fresh" cup of water

Mmmm

Nice, everyones coughs and colds and germs and farts and sneezes all floating into the machine, then condensed into a lovely "fresh" cup of water

Mmmm

what do you think bottled water is?

and sadly enough, had microsoft, apple, or google came up with it first, I bet half of you here would be drooling, and not talking ****

what do you think bottled water is?

and sadly enough, had microsoft, apple, or google came up with it first, I bet half of you here would be drooling, and not talking ****

I've heard Apple are big in the converted dehumidifier business.