GI Joe 2 : Retaliation

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1583421/

So far it sounds pretty cool... the cast makes me wonder what they are doing. I've heard The Rock is already in production in some parts right now.

Rumors are they are going to have Bruce Willis playing a part.

http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2011/08/gi_joe_2_actor_dwayne_johnson.html

9886294-large.jpg

Don't have much more information than that but I'm sure others can feed to this thread for a KickAss movie!!

GI Joe is the worst thing ever happened from comics to movies.

I really enjoyed the first movie.... The only issue I have with this one is not bringing back everyone from the first one to play in it as in they prob either waited to long to sign them up or they didn't make them sign a 3 movie contract.

GI Joe is the worst thing ever happened from comics to movies.

That's probably because it's not a 'comics-to-movie' film, it's a 'toys-to-movie' film like Transformers.

Personally I enjoyed it. It was a great mindless action movie. I just disappointed most of the cast from the first movie are not coming back. Joseph Gordon Levitt was a great villain despite that horrible mask he had to act with.

Creating the comics as a movie for GI Joe would be terrible. The people who read them would be too old and think it's silly, and kids today would think it's silly.

• 3 months later...

I absolutely loved the first movie.

This one looks "ok". Personally, they didn't have to completely axe some of the characters. Adding new ones is fine, but to completely disregard characters from the first movie for no logical reason is just silly. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the "sci-fi"ness of the first movie. This isn't the 80's. Technology has progressed and of course a secret elite team of the government is going to have access to things like that.

Trailer is up

Looks like they got rid of the sci-fi stuff from the first movie, and they're making it more grounded in reality.

Now thats what I'm talking about.

And LOL, Bruce Willis :rofl:

The trailer looks cool but I'm a little worried about the lack of a main villain like Cobra Commander.

The trailer looks cool but I'm a little worried about the lack of a main villain like Cobra Commander.

Cobra Commander was in the trailer. The guy with a silver plate for a face. They just recasted him, sadly.

Blah, while I don't expect much from gi joe other then explosions and a weak plot I hate that they are casting the rock as a main character. Gi joe was a late Bluray rental for me, this one will be a redbox rental when I have a free code.

Seemed more accurate to how he's supposed to look. I guess the original guy didn't wana be in a movie where he can't show off his face.

That's true.. eh...

Cobra Commander was in the trailer. The guy with a silver plate for a face. They just recasted him, sadly.

I know it's only a trailer, but for a character as important as Cobra Commander, seems to be a minute role.

• 3 months later...

I'm not fan of them missing a few of the people from the 1st one...I mean wtf can't you just sign them for more films to start with like they did with other films??

I thought the usual thing to do these days when they are trying to establish a franchise or something, they sign the actors for like a minimum of 3 movies these days? I guess not in this case.

The last Movie had some of the Worst CGI I've ever seen in a high budget movie. Hopefully they pay the them more this time around!

• 2 weeks later...