GI Joe 2 : Retaliation

Dwayne Johnson's getting his fair share of movies this year isn't he?.

I havn't seen the first film, i did read some poor reviews though, regarding production but as a whole it looked 'okay'. May give it ago for 2 hours of guns and stupid fun, but can't see it standing out too much.

Looks like a GI Joe reboot more than anything..

Me too. I guess they figured the first one was so bad they needed to do something different.

• 3 weeks later...

See... I really enjoyed the first one for what it was, a big dumb movie with cool fights and explosions. And the second looks like more of the same. No, it's not a work of art, but it's a hell of a ride!

• Like 2

OK from what I gather just watching those trailers is that Duke dies in the first 30mins of that attack on them... which is lame, there is no GI Joe without Duke.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I want to watch this in theaters or not. The first one was pretty good, but a bunch of changed actors is killing the second one for me. I mean I even heard Tatum doesn't even have the lead role in this one. He isn't even on the above posters. Also not to mention JGL isn't playing Cobra Commander. Just looking towards a bust for me. :\

I wanted to like the 1st G.I Joe but the plot holes, and the unbelevability of the 1st one were bad.

• Underwater Lasers
  • Ice that sinks
  • The entire missile base in the middle of the pole... where walking in the city and dropping off a box in a city would be 10x more effective and cheaper
  • The most secure secret military base in the world has no night security / can't stop a simple transmitter buried in the center from beckoning to give away location
  • I could go on...

I wanted to like the 1st G.I Joe but the plot holes, and the unbelevability of the 1st one were bad.

• Underwater Lasers
  • Ice that sinks
  • The entire missile base in the middle of the pole... where walking in the city and dropping off a box in a city would be 10x more effective and cheaper
  • The most secure secret military base in the world has no night security / can't stop a simple transmitter buried in the center from beckoning to give away location
  • I could go on...

I guess you missed the point of this kind of movie. It's not supposed to have a complex plot. It's supposed to have explosions.

Anyways, this look great. Another mindless action flick with lots of cool fight scenes and explosions.

On the Cobra Special Forces Facebook page there is a brand new image of Firefly and the aftermath of his destruction.

54Zla.jpg

The first one revolved around all the cartoons I saw and how things would be hard to believe of where things are located such as bases and weapons used. But as I said in my last post..seems Duke is killed off from the lack of seeing him in the rest of the trailers from that opening attack which kills it alittle for me. In the cartoons none of the main characters were ever killed so why screw up a good thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say this but stupid 3D!! all i say Why... Really

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Delayed Until 2013

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=90579

In a surprising move, Paramount Pictures has delayed the release of their upcoming G.I. Joe: Retaliation until March 29, 2013, a full nine months after its originally planned release date of June 29th.

Part of the postponement allows for the film to undergo a full 3D conversion.

"It is increasingly evident that 3D resonates with movie-goers globally and together with Paramount, we made the decision to bring fans an even more immersive entertainment experience," said Brian Goldner, Hasbro's President and CEO in an official statement.

There's a lot of speculation out there right now as to why G.I.Joe: Retaliation was pushed back nearly a year. While Paramount execs are touting the financial boost of 3D, some film critics are insinuating that the move may have ulterior motives. Regardless, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has confirmed that they will actually be shooting new scenes for 3D rather than opting for a simple post film, 3D conversion. Also, there are reports that Paramount is using the additional time to actively pursue Joseph Gordon-Levitt to return as Cobra Commander. With The Dark Knight Rises and Looper set to release later this year, JGL's profile will surely be front and center to the movie-going populace.

1WtUY.png

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!

STUPID!! Advertise it like hell in recent previews then push it back 9 damn months!?!?!? WTF!!

Ohh and here is the REAL reason it was pushed back... profit! The Avengers is still rollin and they were afraid of it rolling over GIJoe.. OMG!

The June release date for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has been pushed back nine months by Paramount Pictures after another movie based on a Hasbro toy was trounced at the box office by "The Avengers."

Paramount on Wednesday pushed back the release of the "G.I. Joe" sequel from June 29 until March 29, 2013, to adapt the movie for 3-D screens, according to Paramount's executive vice president of publicity, Katie Martin Kelley.

The move comes after "Battleship," based on the Hasbro board game, debuted at No. 2 at the North American box office with a weak $25.5 million in ticket sales, behind the still-strong "Avengers," which brought in a whopping $55.6 million in its third weekend of release.

Action films often get most of their revenue from 3-D showings, which cost a few dollars more per ticket and can boost a movie's prospects to make its money back.

March has proven to be a big month for movies because there's a lack of big-budget competition, according to Paul Dergarabedian, president of the box office division of Hollywood.com. This March, "The Hunger Games" premiered on March 12 and went on to make $629 million worldwide.

"G.I. Joe: Retaliation" also suffered from a lack of strong buzz online, according to Ben Carlson, president of market tracking firm Fizziology.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57440790-10391698/g.i-joe-sequel-trapped-in-battleship-wake/?tag=stack

If they can manage to get Joseph Gordon-Levitt to reprise his role, I wouldn't mind the wait at all. He was one of the most interesting characters from the first movie.

If they can manage to get Joseph Gordon-Levitt to reprise his role, I wouldn't mind the wait at all. He was one of the most interesting characters from the first movie.

They aren't re-shooting. They are just converting it to 3D.