Windows Media Player C00D11B1

Question

Can someone please help me with this as I see no fix anywhere? It?s simple, I have Zune and a subscription with it. I can download and play music fine in the zune player..

If I try and play any of the songs in media player I get ?Windows Media Player C00D11B1? error. There is no problem with my sound drivers and there up to date.

I have done the DRM reset that is on Microsoft?s website, I have tried a fix with regedit and none of it works. I have removed windows media player and put it back on, still nothing.

Can anyone here help me?

Regards

Chris

6 answers to this question

Can someone please help me with this as I see no fix anywhere? It?s simple, I have Zune and a subscription with it. I can download and play music fine in the zune player..

If I try and play any of the songs in media player I get ?Windows Media Player C00D11B1? error. There is no problem with my sound drivers and there up to date.

I have done the DRM reset that is on Microsoft?s website, I have tried a fix with regedit and none of it works. I have removed windows media player and put it back on, still nothing.

Can anyone here help me?

Regards

Chris

This maybe the cause

What causes C00D11B1 error?

The C00D11B1 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application

To fix it

How to easily fix C00D11B1 error?

There are two (2) ways to fix C00D11B1 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):

1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Novice Computer User Solution (completely automated):

1) Download (C00D11B1) repair utility.

2) Install program and click Scan button.

3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.

4) Restart your computer.

How to fix C00D11B1 Errors?

Can I get a link for this download program please, or a link for where this info is from lol.. searching Download (C00D11B1) repair utility gives me no results

1. Click Start menu button. Now type regedit in the search box at the bottom of the Start menu and hit Enter key.

2. Look for the column HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Audio

3. Double click on ?DisableProtectedAudioDG? appearing in the right window. Change number 1 into 0.

4. Close registry and restart your PC.

or Start -> Run -> regsvr32 quartz.dll

or try the DRM reset fix: http://www.netflix.com/pages/previews/resetdrm.exe

or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974905/en-us

or http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp

or http://www.techieshelp.com/media-player-error-c00d11b1-appname-wmplayer-exe-appver/

Was this ever solved?

I'm also having the same problem as you but with AVI files, MP3 files work fine.

Say I start my computer up, AVI files will play fine but randomly I'll begin getting the error again but a restart will fix it which can become annoying having to restart all the time.

I have tried everything described in this topic except the last suggestion with the DisableProtectedAudioDG key as it doesn't exist for me.