Minecraft - Pocket Edition 0.1

Imagine it, build it. Create worlds on the go with Minecraft - Pocket Edition

The new Minecraft - Pocket Edition allows you to build on the go. Use blocks to create masterpieces as you travel, hangout with friends, sit at the park, the possibilities are endless. Move beyond the limits of your computer and play Minecraft everywhere you go.

*Xperia PLAY optimized*

Download: Minecraft - Pocket Edition on the Android Market

Edited by SHoTTa35
Tagged

• 1 month later...

Weren't a lot of sites reporting on Tuesday that it was going to be released for the rest of the Android Market yesterday?

Update: I just read where they found a massive bug in it yesterday they are trying to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Its out now though you can pick it up on just about any Android Device with touch screen controls. Rather fun to play while on the go. Been playing it for nearly a week now.

If you edit the APK file you can change your character skin as well as the texture pack Here is a screenshot of me using the Steampunk character and Sphax 64x Texture Pack.

post-120066-0-47722200-1318604903.png

You can host a server on your phone or join other phone games on your wireless network. You CANNOT join online games because this game does not support day night cycle, as well as the fact as it only has 36 blocks in the game. still VERY fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I've come to the conclusion that me and touchscreen d-pad controls don't get along. I've only played the demo, but I can already see myself getting frustrated. I haven't gotten along with any touchscreen d-pads on any smartphone game I've come across.

BTW, congrats on 10,000 posts!

• 1 month later...

i played it, but didnt liked it at all. Its Confusing. i will continue to play minecraft on pc but not in my mobile.

in any case, thanks for sharing the link.

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I bought the full version of this game, I think it misses too many features like redstone, survival mode and tools. Of course it's still better than Classic though and I really like its performance on a phone (runs faster on my SGS 2 than on my Dell laptop).

OMG it is 13p

I wonder who made an error there then, or if its deliberate. Good spot!

Also picked up Fieldrunners HD for the same price :) Seems a few 10p apps in there today.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The experia play is already severely outdated right? I wonder if they will make one with updated processors, graphics and screen size. There are a lot of Xperia Play optimized games out there.