[HELP PLEASE!] Internet Problem

this is my problem, when i restart my computer the internet works...i can surf the net, i can IM, i can check email. After about 10-15 minutes of use, everything changes. i can no longer surf the net or IM, but i can still email. I don't understand how this is possible. i am at college so i am on a network, the email might still work because it's local, but i can also check my email from home (through a pop account) which is not local. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP. :cry: :cry: :cry: :no:

This has been my answer for a lot of posts similar to this, and I am not sure it is helping, but I would first update my virus patterns, and also, make sure you were completely patched. I had a user working from home that kept having problems with her Internet connection not working. It turned out she had a virus that was taking up all of he bandwidth by scanning, and sending it self out.....

Is it a wireless connection, or a wired in LAN? Do you have a firewall between you and the College LAN?

aight yeah, i was wrong, it's still not working. i have no clue what could be causing this all of a sudden. i did sys restore to the day before it started acting funny and it was still messed up. i am starting to think it might be the connection coming into my room and not necessarily my computer. i'll post more when i hopefully figure this out. ;)

sorry, yes, i did a virus scan with the latest def's. i figured out the problem. apparently my copy of Zone Alarm freaked out on me. i disabled it and i haven't had any problems since *crosses fingers* ;) ;)