Losing connection every hour on the hour

Long story short, my internet connection drops out every hour on the hour, it automatically reconnects and starts working fine until the next hour within 5 seconds of dropping out.....but its long enough that I lose connection to anything line (such as downloads, streaming, games, etc).

Long story:

Pretty much everything mentioned above, but error details and what not. Also, this just started happening today for no known rhyme or reason, I am on a WIRED connection not wireless, when this happens I have 2 event log entries, as follows:

The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{451F826F-EF24-49AE-833F-6D1FE4A8CE33} because a master browser was stopped.

Name: BROWSER

EventID: 8033

Qualifiers: 16384

EventData: \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{451F826F-EF24-49AE-833F-6D1FE4A8CE33}

and

The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the server reached the configured limit for nonpaged pool allocations.

Name: srv

EventID: 2017

Qualifiers: 49152

EventData: \Device\LanmanServer

0000040001002C0000000000E10700C0000000009A0000C00000000000000000000000000000000002000000

Done some quick Google searching but could not find any definitive cause, so I'm hoping someone here can point me in a more accurate direction before I start changing registry settings and what not in the hopes that it stops.

i dont think those errors have anything to do with your internet dropping out. it will have something to do with your router

Four other computers on my network, mine is the only one doing this.

Windows Version? Whats your network setup? Have you tried rebooting your router and modem?

Did you see this:

http://alan.lamielle.net/2009/09/03/windows-7-nonpaged-pool-srv-error-2017

Windows 7 64-bit, my network is a cable gateway -> switch -> five computers.....none of the computers on my network are doing this except mine.

And yes I did see that, but he is working with shared linux drives and what not, I don't even have a shared drive mapped on my network. I also didn't want to change registry settings to try it unless I could nearly confirm that it was the best fix. Large cache settings and what not would not be a problem for me though as I have 24GB of ram.

If it happens on the hour every hour I would look to a possible issue with dhcp renewal. What is the lease time, show output of ipconfig /all will show you when you got your lease and when it will expire - it should renew at the 50% mark, etc..

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.56.144.20

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, August 22, 2011 2:21:50 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, August 27, 2011 2:21:50 PM

So you can see mine just got a lease today at 2:21PM and it will expire on the 27th.

What does your show??

if you box is not the master browser for the network, then you don't even need to be running the computer browser service - just disable it. It serves no purpose unless your the master browser or could be the backup browser. It really should be disabled on boxes that are on and off the network all the time. Causes unwanted traffic when say laptops bounce on and off the network. Your servers should be the only thing running this service - or whatever box is on the network 24/7/365 is the best choice for the master browser. But to be honest not something that is even required at all if you don't want to browse for **** on your network, which is pointless most of the time anyway ;)

If it happens on the hour every hour I would look to a possible issue with dhcp renewal. What is the lease time, show output of ipconfig /all will show you when you got your lease and when it will expire - it should renew at the 50% mark, etc..

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.56.144.20

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, August 22, 2011 2:21:50 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, August 27, 2011 2:21:50 PM

So you can see mine just got a lease today at 2:21PM and it will expire on the 27th.

What does your show??

if you box is not the master browser for the network, then you don't even need to be running the computer browser service - just disable it. It serves no purpose unless your the master browser or could be the backup browser. It really should be disabled on boxes that are on and off the network all the time. Causes unwanted traffic when say laptops bounce on and off the network. Your servers should be the only thing running this service - or whatever box is on the network 24/7/365 is the best choice for the master browser. But to be honest not something that is even required at all if you don't want to browse for **** on your network, which is pointless most of the time anyway ;)

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, August 22, 2011 10:43:12 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, August 22, 2011 6:13:26 PM

I decided to reboot my computer (I know I should have tried this first-thing), and it seems to have stopped doing it, been running all day without issue.

As for the browser service, what exactly is it for? My system is a normal desktop on my network, I do not have any servers, but I do have other desktops on my network that are on pretty much 24/7. As far as browsing for networks, I actually do have some people on my network that go the their computer then network to access shares and the homegroup shares via the network section, is that what you're talking about when you talk about browsing the network? If so, I should still be able to disable it on my own personal computer without any adverse effects, right?

If you box is not the master browser then you have no use of that service running.. You can find out which box is the master browser a few different ways. You can manually do nbtstat to the IP, example

nbtstat -A 192.168.1.99

NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table

Name Type Status

---------------------------------------------

PCH <00> UNIQUE Registered

PCH <03> UNIQUE Registered

PCH <20> UNIQUE Registered

..__MSBROWSE__.<01> GROUP Registered

LOCAL <1D> UNIQUE Registered

LOCAL <1E> GROUP Registered

LOCAL <00> GROUP Registered

You could do that to every IP in your network to find out which one is the master browser. Or you could just run this free tool. And the article might be a good read for you as well

http://scottiestech.info/2009/02/14/how-to-determine-the-master-browser-in-a-windows-workgroup/

If you box is not the master browser then you have no use of that service running.. You can find out which box is the master browser a few different ways. You can manually do nbtstat to the IP, example

nbtstat -A 192.168.1.99

NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table

Name Type Status

---------------------------------------------

PCH <00> UNIQUE Registered

PCH <03> UNIQUE Registered

PCH <20> UNIQUE Registered

..__MSBROWSE__.<01> GROUP Registered

LOCAL <1D> UNIQUE Registered

LOCAL <1E> GROUP Registered

LOCAL <00> GROUP Registered

You could do that to every IP in your network to find out which one is the master browser. Or you could just run this free tool. And the article might be a good read for you as well

http://scottiestech.info/2009/02/14/how-to-determine-the-master-browser-in-a-windows-workgroup/

Thank, turns out the very first computer I manually tested (the one I mentioned as being on nearly 24/7) was the master browser, as I had assumed it would have been. Nice little read, I very rarely use computer names (I've memorized all the IPs on my network, and if anyone needs a computer address they don't bother memorizing the names, they ask me for the IP). Guess it would be entirely safe for me to disable the browsing service then.

You can still access computers by name, you don't need browsing for that.. You will just broadcast for the name worse case -- but having it on other machines that are not ever going to want to be the browser just causes unwanted traffic on the network.