• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Zune Software 4.8

+Frank B.    7,151

Overview

Zune software is a digital media jukebox that puts your favorite music, videos, and pictures at your fingertips. Use Zune software to find great music on Zune Music & Video Marketplace and to sync everything in your digital media library to your Zune and Windows Phone devices. By installing this software, you will also be installing up to seven additional components which are needed for the update.

Download: Zune Software 4.8

TheDisneyMagic    15

Have you downloaded yet? Is it a newer build than the release with Mango Refresh?

scumdogmillionaire    257

I didn't have any of the Mango builds, so I don't know if it's newer. But that's the version that just installed for me.

SoyoS    19

Mango build is 4.8.2098.0, so a small change which is a shame really..

neo158    281

It also looks as though the fonts in the marketplace have changed a bit as well, they look sharper.

YounGMessiah    38

My update is not picking up the new version yet, I'll just wait.

neo158    281

My update is not picking up the new version yet, I'll just wait.

This looks as though it's the final release but I had to install it manually and I upgraded from the 4.7 version with no issues.

jakem1    1,610

This looks as though it's the final release but I had to install it manually and I upgraded from the 4.7 version with no issues.

+1

Also, I presume it will come down via Windows Update eventually for those who don't want to update manually.

neo158    281

+1

Also, I presume it will come down via Windows Update eventually for those who don't want to update manually.

It will do, I did check Windows Update and through the Zune software first though.

This probably indicates that Mango is very close to release for open market handsets.

YounGMessiah    38

Okay fine i'll just download it and manually install :p.

Downloading now as I write this.

jakem1    1,610

This probably indicates that Mango is very close to release for open market handsets.

Stop teasing :laugh:

YounGMessiah    38

I always have problems with their installer packages, it always say it is corrupt and contains no media... I mean I know how to get around it by unzipping the file and running the x64 folder stuff, but still I shouldn't have to do that.

YounGMessiah    38

Worst update ever!!! WTF

Updated and now when I plug in my Zune the program doesn't open like it used to and yes I checked the settings!

jakem1    1,610

Hmm, no problems here. It installed over the top of the previous version in seconds and it opens automatically as soon as I plug my phone in. Perhaps the trouble you're having is a symptom of another problem?

YounGMessiah    38

No, it was working fine before I updated..

YounGMessiah    38

Somehow it resolved itself

George P    5,380

Looks like we won't see any big Zune client update till WP8, I thought we'd have v5.0 by now tbh.

zunelander    0

Has anyone had the issue of searching within the new 4.8 software? For example, if I go to the artist name list (located on the left side of the collection page) and I highlight Pink's name and then I start to type in LMFAO's name, the software takes me right to LMFAO's artist name. However, when I move to the right side of the collection page and highlight a song's title (Hot Suff, for example) and I then start to type in the title of another song, the previous version would take me to the song that I started to type in. Now, it no longer searches for songs as I type search for them. Anyone having this issue also? Thanks.

guru    322

cant believe they still dont have an eq or even plugin sdk for zune.. wtf ms