Bisexual men: Science says they're real

I am merely asking why it is accepted that homosexuality seems to cause mental disorders while the idea that mental disorders cause homosexuality is not accepted at all.

Never heard anyone spout as much nonsense as this Worthington chap. I mean, talk about not having a clue. Not got the time or inclination to bother with this same tired old argument, but seriously wow!

I am merely asking why it is accepted that homosexuality seems to cause mental disorders

Last time I checked it wasn't, do you have a link to a peer-reviewed scientific article on the subject?

I consider myself to be bi, purely because I find it ridiculous to base romantic opinions on the gender of the other person. If I love being with someone, and love their personality, and so on, when why should I let their gender get in the way of forming the close emotional attachment that comes with love? Love doesn't have to be a sexual thing. At some point, yes, it may well enter the relationship, but it is by no means all there is to being in a relationship with someone.

Last time I checked it wasn't, do you have a link to a peer-reviewed scientific article on the subject?

I consider myself to be bi, purely because I find it ridiculous to base romantic opinions on the gender of the other person. If I love being with someone, and love their personality, and so on, when why should I let their gender get in the way of forming the close emotional attachment that comes with love? Love doesn't have to be a sexual thing. At some point, yes, it may well enter the relationship, but it is by no means all there is to being in a relationship with someone.

Are you equally attracted to men and women?

I am merely asking why it is accepted that homosexuality seems to cause mental disorders while the idea that mental disorders cause homosexuality is not accepted at all.

You're the one making that suggestion here. So unless you can provide proof that either scenario is true then your speculating without proof.

Nobody said that attraction is meaningless when it is between the same sex. I am merely saying it is unnatural.

And Im asking what proof can you provide its unnatural. You seem to be running around dodging it.

Are you equally attracted to men and women?

I'm attracted to personalities, it really doesn't enter my head whether the person in question is a man or a woman.

And still waiting on a link to that scientific article to back up your previous point....

That sounds much too sensible. ;)

That sounds much too sensible. ;)

I'm a very logical person, and this seems a logical viewpoint, so it's the one I've taken :) If my happiness doesn't conform to the social norms, so be it, at least I'm happy and haven't let others force me into settling for second best.

Good is based on ones actions, but yes it is natural.

So an adult's attraction to a developing pre-pubescent child...or say.... animals, that's natural, right? It is attraction, after all?

So an adult's attraction to a developing pre-pubescent child...or say.... animals, that's natural, right? It is attraction, after all?

For some people, yes. Who are you to say other wise? How people act out on those attractions is completely different though. Where you were trying to "go" with the "good'.

So, as you keep totally dodging the question, shall we assume that you, as expected, have no scientific backing for your claim that "it is accepted that homosexuality seems to cause mental disorders"? As so your entire argument has no foundation other than your personal opinions?

Lets separate "accepted" facts from personal opinions shall we? Just for the sake of having a proper debate on the issue.

So mudslag, are you telling me that all attraction is good and natural? Yes?

Ok that response has set off all kinds of alarms...you sound just like another poster that went by the name of "Fresh". In fact many of your arguments echo his same unwavering circular logic and a very similar bait and attack form of debate. Plain and simple, scary, very scary!

• Like 1

For some people, yes. Who are you to say other wise? How people act out on those attractions is completely different though.

So you're saying that pedophilia and bestiality is natural, right? I don't want to misquote you. Could you confirm this?

So you're saying that pedophilia and bestiality is natural, right? I don't want to misquote you. Could you confirm this?

Still ignoring a request for scientific backing...

Yes, it's natural, you just have to look in the animal kingdom for similar examples. Natural doesn't imply morally right, that's a very clear distinction that needs to be made.

Their attractions can be natural but their actions are not. Try to remember, its only the last hundred years of so that society has placed a age on when its proper to "hook up" with people of a certain age. For 99% of human history girls were wed off to others as soon as they hit puberty. Now society has put a stigma on such thinking. So its wrong to act on those attractions but that doesnt mean that some dont still have them naturally from a natural POV. As pointed out it doesnt make it any less sick and unmoral.

It's not my job to diagnose people's mental and physical disorders.

You're saying that sexual preference is a mental disorder? So if someone is only attracted to a person of another race or with a specific hair color that means tmentallytaly defective in some way?

From every homosexual I've met in my family or circle of friends. It's either they are clearly mentally ill (usually diagnosed schizophrenia or a history of sexual abuse) or they have a physical abnormality that causes them to veer toward a homosexual mentality, such as having a problem with a crooked eye or misshapen facial features that don't improve their odds with the opposite sex, so they decide to go with the more forgiving same sex.

They dont share the same views or beliefs as you, that clearly makes them mentally ill.

-How many homosexuals you know who also are heavily medicated or diagnosed with a mental disorder independent of their sexuality?

-How many homosexuals you know that can admit to having been sexually abused as a child?

-How many homosexuals you know that you can tell are homosexual just by looking at them and the way they act?

There's more to homosexuality than just a chance switch in sexuality, and those topics are generally not allowed to be discussed because they are "politically incorrect" or "homophobic"

1) 0 out of 9 that I am quite familiar with (2 family members, 1 friend and his partner, 2 coworkers and their partners, 1 patient)

And before you go assuming on the patient I am a physical therapist & he was in a car accident.

2) Again 0 out of the 8 (did not include the patient as I do not know him well enough.)

3) 3 of the 9

Your views on bi/homosexuality are so ignorant and misinformed that they can only have come from religious base. Stop listening to your narrow minded pastor/preacher/priest/imam/hobo in a bath robe and try looking at some information that doesn't come from a biased source.

Still ignoring a request for scientific backing...

Yes, it's natural, you just have to look in the animal kingdom for similar examples. Natural doesn't imply morally right, that's a very clear distinction that needs to be made.

In 1998, Dr. William C. Holmes, M.D. and Dr. Gail B. Slap, M.D. reported in the medical journal JAMA the following:

?Adolescent boys, particularly those victimized by males, were up to 7 times more likely to identify themselves as homosexual or bisexual than peers who had not been abused (P<.001). [3]

http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/280/21/1855.full.pdf+html

As we can see, homosexuality can be triggered by sexual abuse, according to a study published in a medical journal.

San Francisco State University professor of psychology John DeCecco, and the former editor of the 25-volume, Journal of Homosexuality, stated, "The idea that people are born into one type of sexual behavior is entirely foolish". Homosexuality is "a behavior, not a condition," and something that some people can and do change, just like they sometimes change other tastes and personality traits."[10]

http://www.devvy.com/200404141925.html

DeCecco, who is well known here, and is a noted homosexual and PHD who I think still teaches here to this day, has always said that homosexuality is behavioral, not something you are born with.

I'm well aware of the study, I was asking for something to back up this claim:

Your views on bi/homosexuality are so ignorant and misinformed that they can only have come from religious base. Stop listening to your narrow minded pastor/preacher/priest/imam/hobo in a bath robe and try looking at some information that doesn't come from a biased source.

Hey, don't bring religion into this. My "religion" (I question the label, but that's another topic) tells me to love everyone, regardless of who they are or what they do. It also tells me to use the brain God gave me and make logical choices... Don't tar everyone with the same brush, please.

In 1998, Dr. William C. Holmes, M.D. and Dr. Gail B. Slap, M.D. reported in the medical journal JAMA the following:

? Adolescent boys, particularly those victimized by males, were up to 7 times more likely to identify themselves as homosexual or bisexual than peers who had not been abused (P<.001). [3]

In 1998 the BMJ (British Medical Journal) featured a study by Dr. Andrew Wakefield said that childhood autism was caused by vaccines.

Wonder how that turned out...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html

I'm well aware of the study, I was asking for something to back up this claim:

Oh, well since the APA in 1973 bowed to political pressure from homosexual organizations to remove homosexuality as a mental disorder, I doubt you would find anything on the subject you want information on to be of any credence.

In 1998 the BMJ (British Medical Journal) featured a study by Dr. Andrew Wakefield said that childhood autism was caused by vaccines.

Wonder how that turned out...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html

Oh, he was vindicated when other scientists found exactly what he found. You need to keep up.

New American research shows that there could be a link between the controversial MMR triple vaccine and autism and bowel disease in children.

The study appears to confirm the findings of British doctor Andrew Wakefield, who caused a storm in 1998 by suggesting a possible link.

Now a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel disease - and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles virus.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-388051/Scientists-fear-MMR-link-autism.html#ixzz1M3llgIiK

Worth, you seem to be equalizing natural and good. Pretty much everything discussed here is natural (no one brought up sex with robots, shame on y'all!), but some is good, some isn't. That should be the debate.

Because bisexuality isn't normal. It is an aberration, like homosexuality.

Who typically tend to be homosexual themselves, but of course you'd ignore that.

Most experts in the field of sexuality would disagree with you.