B&H photo.com?

So I am after something that they have. I am wondering has anyone here bought stuff from them online? Safe to buy from? I had an order placed with amazon and they took forever to ship it, so I cancelled my order with amazon. B&H Has the same thing with free shipping and it says by the 30th I would get it.

They close for ordering randomly though it seems.

They're pretty well known. They close their site for religious reasons (I think "no buying / selling on the sabbath" or something). I got some sensor cleaner stuff from them before.

I've bought from them. They were part of a common corrupt web site practice 5 years ago or so. You would buy from them because of the great price, but then they'd call and offer to sell you a lot of add ons. If you refused, your order would literally take months to ship.

I've bought from them. They were part of a common corrupt web site practice 5 years ago or so. You would buy from them because of the great price, but then they'd call and offer to sell you a lot of add ons. If you refused, your order would literally take months to ship.

I went through that nonsense with them. They called and offered some lenses and protection plan which I refused. They hung up saying they won't be responsible if the shipment got damaged enroute. A few mins later I called and cancelled the order. But I have to say that was a long time ago. Can't comment on their current status.

Sign up for their free catalog. The thing is MASSIVE! Litterally everything you get must weight more than a pound

Sign up for their free catalog. The thing is MASSIVE! Litterally everything you get must weight more than a pound

lol yea it is. I don't know how I got on the mailing list, but they would send it to me about two times a year.

B&H has been around for decades and is pretty much the place to buy gear from. I've spent thousands with them and never had a problem whatsoever. As mentioned above, they are Jews so they will be closed on Saturdays and other holidays, so be sure to get your orders in before sundown. They're pretty fast with shipping too.

Well I finally ordered what I was after. A pelican case for my D3100 and lenses. I figured I do go on a boat sometimes and would like the protection, even more so if it rains. This past weekend I didn't take my camera because it was to rain.

I ordered it yesterday morning, I used the free shipping and its already to be here today.

You had trouble with Amazon? :o Amazon and Newegg are one of the most reliable online retailers including shipping time!

When buying from Amazon, make sure the seller is Amazon.com and not a third party selling thru them.

• 1 month later...