Controlled Comet to hit Earth

people belive lots of stuff all the time without "evidence" Religion, God.... how is this any different :/ considering this is the conspiracy section i was just asking you guys to cut him some slack....its harmless anyway unlike say, the 9/11 truthers or holocaust deniers

And that would be fine if people just said "I believe because I want to believe" but thats not whats going on here for the most part. People are claiming there is evidence, so when someone claims there is evidence, there is nothing wrong with asking for what that could be. So that's how its different :/. Is it really harmful to ask for evidence when people claim there is some?

The thing is there is evidence. You can see it with the naked eye. If you go outside and look at 359? 56? 39.5?, ?0? 2? 46.3? you can see it. Given that it has radial symmetry you can determine that it is facing Earth which means it is on a collision course with our planet. Since our planet is moving and it is always facing our planet it must be tracking us which requires a degree of intelligence. It would be impossible for a dumb comet to track our planet so it has to be under guidance from something intelligent or have a degree of intelligence itself.

The thing is there is evidence. You can see it with the naked eye. If you go outside and look at 359? 56? 39.5?, ?0? 2? 46.3? you can see it. Given that it has radial symmetry you can determine that it is facing Earth which means it is on a collision course with our planet. Since our planet is moving and it is always facing our planet it must be tracking us which requires a degree of intelligence. It would be impossible for a dumb comet to track our planet so it has to be under guidance from something intelligent or have a degree of intelligence itself.

6cj1a.jpg

Funny how quickly you ran from the other thread when some specific points were made about evidence. :whistle:

Ok what evidence??? Claiming something is evidence doesnt automatically make it so. Evidence, specially from a scientific POV is expected to be torn down and prodded to make sure its legit. Other wise you end up with idiots claiming the world is going to end because they read the bible in a certain manner. If evidence cant be backed up then its no good calling it evidence.

He doesn't talk about evidence for the impact but for aliens (at least, I hope so). WE KNOW that the comet will miss the earth by a pretty big distance.

They measured the course long ago.

Case closed.

He doesn't talk about evidence for the impact but for aliens (at least, I hope so). WE KNOW that the comet will miss the earth by a pretty big distance.

They measured the course long ago.

Case closed.

I know thats what he is saying, but that evidence is still not there.

Funny how quickly you ran from the other thread when some specific points were made about evidence. :whistle:

No one ran from anything.

There just comes a point where stupidity bores me. :laugh:

No one ran from anything.

There just comes a point where stupidity bores me. :laugh:

So pointing out what does and doesnt count as evidence bores you when you can no longer defend you claim. I get it. :whistle:

6cj1a.jpg

Comets are made out of ice?unlike the common perception of rock, therefore he's exaggerating it to a "giant snowball." Since this "giant snowball" will most likely burn up (due to the Earth's air friction in its ozone layer), it could very well result in rain for debris just like how metorites are debris from meteors. ;)

Comets are made out of ice?unlike the common perception of rock, therefore he's exaggerating it to a "giant snowball." Since this "giant snowball" will most likely burn up (due to the Earth's air friction in its ozone layer), it could very well result in rain for debris just like how metorites are debris from meteors. ;)

Anyone remember Comet Shoemaker-Levy hitting Jupiter, you know that same comet that left "multiple" impact scars on Jupiter the size of planet Earth? Or how about the Tunguska event? The event destroyed everything with in almost a 1000 square miles.

So there is a bit more concern from a comet hitting Earth then just a bit of rain. :whistle:

yes, but it would be awesome if earth destroys....

eventually humans are going to destroy the earth though..

You know what would be awesome? A video of you self destructing!! Care to share?

You know what would be awesome? A video of you self destructing!! Care to share?

If i am to self destruct i am going to take the whole world with me.....

it would be no point in sharing them then!!!!! :devil:

snipped

AWESOME! I laughed so hard.

yes, but it would be awesome if earth destroys....

If earth destroys what? what is earth going to destroy?

You're right, we're total tools for believing the calculations of the national space agency.

If September comes and goes, and we're all still alive, would you agree to add to your sig the line "I'm a total tool for believing everything I read on conspiracy websites."? Similarly, if we all die horrible fiery deaths, I will post something similar.

Hahaha. I too will put this in my signature. C-Squarez, you have been making some odd posts recently. Is everything alright? You have not been experimenting with some new hallucinogens, have you?

Do you have any idea how many of these so-called "prophets" have predicted the end of the world in the past 20 years? Each promising that the world will end at some point in that year or the next. Seriously, they need to get a life and stop scaring the hell out of people with this non-sense crap.

The Earth and the rest of our solar system will end when the sun goes supernova a few millions years from now, only then, will the earth be destroyed.

Damn, I didn't recall anywhere I said the world would end. I put: "Interesting to say the least..." not "OMG we are all going to die!!!". When I said there is a ton of proof, I'm talking about the fact that there is proof of phenomenal things goin on regardless of what NASA says. But a practice of ad hominem seems to be in place around here and I'm fine with that because my life off the internet is fine. I remember coming here because there was intelligent conversation. Now it seems more like a spin zone. The majority in rule here is more concerned with enforcing their own beliefs rather than have an actual conversation. Now, knowing Neowin the way I do, a few are thinking "We do have conversations!" No you guys don't, it's more arguing than conversing.

Example? UFO's. Can a lot of them be explained? Yes. Is there documentation that some of them cannot be explained? Yes. If just ONE can't be explained away then that should be enough for a "scientific mind" to want to know more. That's what this used to be. Now it's a "enforce your own opinion no matter what the facts say" kinda place. Another example while I'm on this rant, a crashed ship on the moon. I posted years back a YouTube video linked with a picture on NASA's website showing the same craft and it got a couple hundred views and maybe 3 responses. No one was interested in the topic at hand. Anyway, come this time September, I'm gonna live my life the way I have been. The way I have since Y2K, Sept 11th and May 23 2011 and the way I will Dec 23 2012.

Another example while I'm on this rant, a crashed ship on the moon. I posted years back a YouTube video linked with a picture on NASA's website showing the same craft and it got a couple hundred views and maybe 3 responses. No one was interested in the topic at hand.

You mean this one, from the so called Apollo 20. The problem is Apollo 20 that was canceled along with 18 and 19. Another problem is that there is nothing to substantiate that Apollo 20 actually happened. Now the images of the moon are real, but it comes down to interpretation of those two images from 1971. On top of that, the video itself uses the same images from Apollo 15. That right there should put up red flags for everyone. If Apollo 20 happened where are the pictures from that? Cause the only image going around looks like a super cleaned up altered image from AS15. I really like that part where they zoom in on the ship and know what the markings even look like, /s.

In order to go forward on the claim that any of this is remotely real, you have to go backwards and prove the other parts of the story first. So this story ends up raising more questions about the authenticity of the claim then the claim itself.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/frame/?AS15-P-9625

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/frame/?AS15-P-9630

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/imagenes_luna/luna36_06.jpg

When you blow it up, it really doesnt look all that "special".

q2fLk.png

p4qJw.png

I tried to post this earlier but I have a quick question. Who here expects NASA to make an announcement and say; "Hey people of the world, there is a comet coming to Earth and it might cause significant damage if not complete annihilation. Just figured we would tell you guys." Now after that is said, or any variation that would show this is true, if it is, then what? I'm just curious...

I tried to post this earlier but I have a quick question. Who here expects NASA to make an announcement and say; "Hey people of the world, there is a comet coming to Earth and it might cause significant damage if not complete annihilation. Just figured we would tell you guys." Now after that is said, or any variation that would show this is true, if it is, then what? I'm just curious...

I dont but NASA isnt the only source of information. There are other agencies and plenty of amateur astronomers around the world. The problem is, this conspiracy is so outrageous, it defies all logic. Not only is it suggested that a comet being controlled by aliens but there is also a invisible planet the size of Jupiter or bigger all heading our way causing issues like earthquakes. That last part (the second video you posted) alone defies all logic. So no I dont expect NASA to report such info but I would expect a growing community of amateur astronomers from around the world voicing their concern if anything was even remotely possible. Having a few nut cases doing that on the other hand just screams for attention and not concern.

Remember conspiracy sites have plenty of their own bias. They need traffic to survive and that usually entails keeping new and fresh content...Just like this