Windows XP WPA2-PSK Connection Problem

I have a Windows XP SP3 Pro desktop with a Belkin F5D7000 PCI wireless card. I am trying to connect to a WPA2-PSK 802.11abgn access point. I have installed the latest version of the Belkin drivers (my card is a version 7xxx). However, when I attempt to connect the WPA2-PSK access point using Windows XP's Wireless Configuration utility, I enter the passkey, Windows attempts to connect, but fails to connect. The Belkin drivers came with a Belkin wireless configuration utility. When using that, I am able to connect to the network successfully, but after a few minutes, the connection constantly and consistently drops and then reconnects. Furthermore, when using the Belkin configuration program, after having it open for a while, it seems to have a large memory leak and the user interface of the program fails to properly draw. Not sure if that is related to the dropped connection. Preferably, I'd like to use Windows XP's configuration utility as opposed to the Belkin program, but I cannot seem to even get any connection using the utility.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks.

The problem is that you're using a Belkin wireless adapter. Belkin is garbage. Buy yourself a highly regarded USB wireless adapter, like this one, It's cheap as hell and you'll never have a problem again. I have one on my desktop right now, in fact.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-TL-WN722N-150Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B002WBX9C6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314677306&sr=8-1

And don't forget to purge that Belkin crap software off your computer.

I have a Windows XP SP3 Pro desktop with a Belkin F5D7000 PCI wireless card. I am trying to connect to a WPA2-PSK 802.11abgn access point. I have installed the latest version of the Belkin drivers (my card is a version 7xxx). However, when I attempt to connect the WPA2-PSK access point using Windows XP's Wireless Configuration utility, I enter the passkey, Windows attempts to connect, but fails to connect. The Belkin drivers came with a Belkin wireless configuration utility. When using that, I am able to connect to the network successfully, but after a few minutes, the connection constantly and consistently drops and then reconnects. Furthermore, when using the Belkin configuration program, after having it open for a while, it seems to have a large memory leak and the user interface of the program fails to properly draw. Not sure if that is related to the dropped connection. Preferably, I'd like to use Windows XP's configuration utility as opposed to the Belkin program, but I cannot seem to even get any connection using the utility.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks.

I've had to manually create connections before instead of letting Windows find the connection, then entering the network key. More so with Win7, but also on XP. That's using the Windows built-in "Zero Configuration", lol.