iOS 5 Beta 7 & iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 now available

iOS 5 beta 7 can be installed using over the air software update from devices that have iOS 5 beta 5 or later installed. Over the air software update can be initiated by choosing General > Software Update in Settings.

Be sure to backup your devices using iTunes 10.5 beta 7 or through iCloud backup prior to installing iOS 5 beta 7. After installing iOS 5 beta 7, you can restore your device using either iTunes 10.5 beta 7 or through your iCloud backup.

When updating iPhone 3GS or iPod touch (3rd generation) from Beta 6 to Beta 7 using iTunes, you must first follow the instructions in the Release Notes.

This version of iOS is intended only for installation on development devices registered with Apple?s Developer Program. Attempting to install this version of iOS in an unauthorized manner could put your device in an unusable state, which could necessitate an out of warranty repair.

Devices updated to iOS 5 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 5 software.

Yet another beta release? Seems the often-mentioned September/October release of iPhone 5 is not so impending as everyone thought...

iOS2/iPhone os 2 also had 7 betas

At least it's fixed the docking station issue where it wouldn't play phone/text/notification tones when docked

Yet another beta release? Seems the often-mentioned September/October release of iPhone 5 is not so impending as everyone thought...

It's only JUST NOW September. I don't recall iOS having this many betas in previous updates, so it's very likely that it's nearly done. We will probably see a final release in a matter of weeks.

Is it me or if everything at Apple is in beta form and has been all summer long ?

Mac OS X Lion Developers Previews we?ve had back then

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

Xcode 4.2

iOS 5

iPhoto 9.2

iTunes 10.5

Safari 5.1.1

iCloud

?

Only those summarize the greatest part of Apple?s software.

I get why they have lost control over Lion?s first release.

Not as many dropped calls in my house, I was able to walk around my house without it cutting out at all after the update. Hopefully it will fix all the other bug issues I was having with the volume, etc.

I?m having awful battery issues with iOS5 Beta 7, that I had never had with Betas 3, 4 and 5.

I believe jail breaking it doesn?t help, but out of curiosity, does anyone else experience this with an iPhone 3GS?

No problems with iOS 5 beta 7 on my iPad 2 or iPhone 4 (GSM) yet.

Is it jail-broken ?

I?m also wondering why, when jail-broken, some apps like Safari and Mail won?t even start up, and YouTube videos won?t even play. I know it has to do with applications being "Sandboxed", but why does it happen with Safari and not with "Music"?

Also, do you guys know if the "Music" application will go away and become the "iPod" application like it has always been? Are they usually doing that when they release beta versions of iOS or if it looks like it?ll be definitive? I know I suck to say that, but I really hate the Music icon and really miss the iPod icon ?

Also, do you guys know if the "Music" application will go away and become the "iPod" application like it has always been? Are they usually doing that when they release beta versions of iOS or if it looks like it?ll be definitive? I know I suck to say that, but I really hate the Music icon and really miss the iPod icon ?

Looks like they're splitting up Music and Video so that the iPhone comes more in line with the iPod touch and iPad.

No problems with iOS 5 beta 7 on my iPad 2 or iPhone 4 (GSM) yet.

Other than some crashing applications, me neither.

Looks like they're splitting up Music and Video so that the iPhone comes more in line with the iPod touch and iPad.

Thanks, that?s what I was thinking.

I?ve never been mad like this against Apple in my entire life. My data usage went from 120 MB to 520 MB in under 3 days, and most of the time, I was in an area where the network was down and using 2G and having data and iCloud completely disabled. I busted my 500 MB limit. According to Fido, at 3 cents / kilobyte, I will have to owe them $600 just for that for Christ?s sake!!!!!!! This is an entire week of work for me, and I just quit my job to go back to university. I read that there?s an option to pay $5 for an extra 500 MB, but I bet they?ll do everything to tell me I am not allowed for unknown reasons. They don?t write 3 cents / KB for nothing?

Testing Apple betas? Never again. I?m reverting to iOS 4 as soon as I can put my SIM card back into the phone. Who could have believed there was such a showstopper bug at the 7th beta, when the previous ones were perfectly fine.

Thanks, that?s what I was thinking.

I?ve never been mad like this against Apple in my entire life. My data usage went from 120 MB to 520 MB in under 3 days, and most of the time, I was in an area where the network was down and using 2G and having data and iCloud completely disabled. I busted my 500 MB limit. According to Fido, at 3 cents / kilobyte, I will have to owe them $600 just for that for Christ?s sake!!!!!!! This is an entire week of work for me, and I just quit my job to go back to university. I read that there?s an option to pay $5 for an extra 500 MB, but I bet they?ll do everything to tell me I am not allowed for unknown reasons. They don?t write 3 cents / KB for nothing?

Testing Apple betas? Never again. I?m reverting to iOS 4 as soon as I can put my SIM card back into the phone. Who could have believed there was such a showstopper bug at the 7th beta, when the previous ones were perfectly fine.

..and this is why you should not be using a developer beta on a phone you use on a daily basis.

I've found the battery life in B7 to be the best of all the betas on both my iPhone 4 (gsm) and iPad (First gen Wifi+3G)

Yay, more required crapware for the PC that works beautifully on the Mac only because they're biased towards their own OS. :D Happy Happy Joy Joy!

It goes both ways though. Have you ever used any of Microsoft's software for OS X? It makes anything Apple does for Windows look wonderful in comparison.

..and this is why you should not be using a developer beta on a phone you use on a daily basis.

Then how are they going to discover which bugs remain? Magic?

That?s without saying that Beta 7 is almost their final. I wouldn?t believe it if they rolled out 12 betas just for a mobile OS, when they rolled only 4 betas for a full-fledged desktop system.

• 3 weeks later...