Mango update coming from carriers in 2-3 weeks?

It kind of sounds like a guess from a customer service rep that wanted to try to answer a question... Unlike other industries, representatives in cellular really hate to say they "don't know"... They'd much rather pretend.

It kind of sounds like a guess from a customer service rep that wanted to try to answer a question... Unlike other industries, representatives in cellular really hate to say they "don't know"... They'd much rather pretend.

It really just depends on if they'll send out the update before or after the new devices go on sale. Since we have retail dates for the HTC phones right now then we can say it'll either be in the next week or 2 or after new phones release, so 2nd half of Oct or into November.

It really just depends on if they'll send out the update before or after the new devices go on sale. Since we have retail dates for the HTC phones right now then we can say it'll either be in the next week or 2 or after new phones release, so 2nd half of Oct or into November.

Wait, so you're saying Microsoft hasn't even sent the Mango update to their partners even thought it RMT'd a month ago? o_O

No, dunno how you came to that conclusion, what I mean is if they'll push out the update to current first gen phone owners before or wait till after new mango phones go on sale. That's the only thing right now, carriers might want to wait for the new phons to go on sale for a bit before they OK the update to people who have the first batch of phones, or they might not. We just don't know right now, but that's the only factor here.

No, dunno how you came to that conclusion, what I mean is if they'll push out the update to current first gen phone owners before or wait till after new mango phones go on sale. That's the only thing right now, carriers might want to wait for the new phons to go on sale for a bit before they OK the update to people who have the first batch of phones, or they might not. We just don't know right now, but that's the only factor here.

Got it. Well, I'm just glad AT&T is not my carrier :laugh:

Most people that don't have AT&T are... But what does that have to do with Mango? :p

The fact the it was the last carrier to deliver NoDo, so once Mango is out there ....

I'd go crazy just to wait for Mango till 2012 o_o

The fact the it was the last carrier to deliver NoDo, so once Mango is out there ....

I'd go crazy just to wait for Mango till 2012 o_o

LOL, I know. I was just joking. But my big concern is that Verizon took FOREVER to get a WP7 phone... So I'm really hoping they're much quicker with their updates...

But my big concern is that Verizon took FOREVER to get a WP7 phone

That's partially because all of the first models of WP7 phones were GSM, not CDMA.

That's partially because all of the first models of WP7 phones were GSM, not CDMA.

The reason for the first models being GSM is because WP7 was released in the UK first and we don't have CDMA networks over here.

The September 15th rumor is really growing over the net and I just want to believe that's the date. It gets harder and harder not to upgrade through some other means - first with the MSFT leaked ROMs and now the ones from HTC :pinch: :no:

The reason for the first models being GSM is because WP7 was released in the UK first and we don't have CDMA networks over here.

Clearly I was talking about the US market. And WP7 only released a couple of weeks earlier in Europe than it did in the US. It was many months later when some CDMA phones were released here (some carriers just recently got them).

The first CDMA WP7 was released in March 2011 on Sprint : http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/022211-wp7-cdma.html & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_7_Pro

Clearly I was talking about the US market. And WP7 only released a couple of weeks earlier in Europe than it did in the US. It was many months later when some CDMA phones were released here (some carriers just recently got them).

The first CDMA WP7 was released in March 2011 on Sprint : http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/022211-wp7-cdma.html & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_7_Pro

Yeah, pI know all of that, but even then, Verizon took MUCH longer than Sprint to get WP7, so that was clearly Verizon's delay...

I presume the Verizon delay was related to the whole Kin debacle.

I dunno. Most of the failure of the Kin can be attributed to Verizon...

But really, who knows. For all we know their tech team took that long to test it and develop their own apps (Which are crummy)... LOL I like Verizon, but they have some serious issues with getting new equipment going and their app developers are bar none the worst of any carrier I've used (AT&T, Sprint, Nextel)...

TBH I don't see why carriers should block updates, it only backfires in the end. Think MS should just launch when ready and carriers that don't update loose their customers to the carriers that do.

Hell its not like MS hasn't given them pre warning of how many months now ;)

Yeah, pI know all of that, but even then, Verizon took MUCH longer than Sprint to get WP7, so that was clearly Verizon's delay...

Oh, I'm sure it wasn't the only reason, but it likely did have something to do with it. OEMs didn't even start shipping CDMA WP7s until 4 months after GSM models.