[UK] Gay men blood donor ban to be lifted

rajputwarrior

My comment makes perfect sense, unlike JPX's. He possibly thinks he will turn gay himself, while I just would refuse gay blood because nature has refused to give them the desire to procreate due to unfit genes.

Nothing wrong with agreeing with nature.

double-facepalm.jpg

DrakeN2k

Wow the ignorant of some people, gay blood is very contagious. if this plan goes though we will have a world wide pandemic of this gaycoli spreading around the world. Then it will be the end of the human race as we know it!

Dam liberals. Dam Nick Clegg !

rajputwarrior

My comment makes perfect sense, unlike JPX's. He possibly thinks he will turn gay himself, while I just would refuse gay blood because nature has refused to give them the desire to procreate due to unfit genes.

I'm kind of inclined to agree with this. I have nothing against gay people at all, but something about this doesn't sit right with me. Not sure why but I'd be inclined to go with my gut instinct if I had a choice. Which I guess I wouldn't anyway if I were in that situation. (I'm not afraid of dying either, though, so there is that.)

you guys are sitting on your death bed, in deperate need for a blood transfusion and the doctor comes in and says "we have clean blood, but the person it came from may be gay" you are going to say no?

fix-this!

Let's just get rid of HIV

it will probably not happen in our lifetime. i think the reason for the ban was because people believe gays contract hiv more, not true at all.

thommcg

So you would refuse the blood of a sterile hetro-sexual as well?

Charisma

you guys are sitting on your death bed, in deperate need for a blood transfusion and the doctor comes in and says "we have clean blood, but the person it came from may be gay" you are going to say no?

I don't know. Like I said, death doesn't really scare me either. It would just depend on the circumstance, I guess. Hopefully I will never be in the situation of being gravely injured anyway. Hard to say what any of us would do (not just to this question, but in general) under those circumstances.

rajputwarrior

Nature said no to homosexuals when it made them prefer the same sex, so I'm going to say no to them too.

sure you would (Y)

you must hate the fact that homosexuals are the army too. actually, never mind. you probably love the fact that those "fags" are out there dying for the freedoms and principles you enjoy because that way their are less of them!!!! /s

LaP

Whats the point in 12 month ban, surely all the blood has to be tested regardless of who it came from?

I hope so ;)

And if it is tested then you don't care if the donor is gay or not.

thommcg

Nature said no to homosexuals when it made them prefer the same sex, so I'm going to say no to them too.

If they were born without the ability to procreate, yes. Nature refused their ability to pass on their genes and I will refuse them as well.

So you're bleeding out from a stab wound, the only blood available in non-hetro or sterlie, so you would choose to die rather than accept the non-DNA containing mature red blood cells that last only 3-4 months?

Wow...

mudslag

What part of "no one knows who's blood you are getting" dont you get?

+Frank B.

If I may add my two cents: IMHO the 'I don't want any gay blood!' stance is strikingly similar to the 'I don't want n****r blood!' stance of yore.

Both reek of an incredible level of ignorance.

nominak

If they were born without the ability to procreate, yes. Nature refused their ability to pass on their genes and I will refuse them as well.

Homosexuals have the ability to procreate... They still shoot sperm out of their dick, if they want to get a woman pregnant, they can donate sperm or have sex with her...

rajputwarrior

I'd just get a friend or family member to donate.

yeah while you are on your deathbed and you are going to die in minutes unless you get blood asap. "hey hunny can you perform and blood transfusion and hope you have the same blood type? Oh yeah that process takes about 10-15 minutes and we need to make sure it's clean before you put it in me. No big deal, even though the doctor says i have minutes to live i'll can handle the risk of all of that take a lot longer then i actually have"

chances if you are in a situation like that you'll be unconscious, so ask away good sir!

gg bro (Y)

tiagosilva29

But... but... anal sex... poo! ;)

mudslag

Doesnt work like that unless everyone knows everyone else's blood type. And even still that doesnt mean their blood is any safer.

Doesn't matter. The point is that nature made them not want to procreate. Most of them don't biologically father a child anyway.

That's not true, many gays still want to procreate. Clearly you dont know what you are talking about.

Hardcore Til I Die

Whats the point in 12 month ban, surely all the blood has to be tested regardless of who it came from?

Our Government doesn't let logic get in the way of its' decision making :laugh:

Dark_ph0enix

Seeing as how this topic relates to UK Blood Donation procedures - that's what I'm going to comment on.

It wouldn't happen. ALL blood transfusions use blood from "Anonymous donors" [in the sense that the donor is unaware of the recipient and vice versa] that are typed, and screened extensively. In short - if you were bleeding out, and refused blood from the hospital stock - you'd be left to bleed to death.

Stup0t

Can we have a ban on "Stupid" peoples blood as I wouldnt want that in me :rofl:

You do realise that the blood when its bagged up will not be labelled "O TYPE GAY BLOOD" :rofl:

Hum

^ Might be a good idea -- give 'gay' blood only to people who don't care.

If heteros are so worried, this may settle the fears.

mudslag

Yeah that's smart, take a poll to see who wants what kind of blood in a life and death situation :rolleyes: :whistle:

Hardcore Til I Die

Should we let people decide they don't want blood from certain races as well?

Why not let people choose that they only want blood from a less than 40 year old white straight man?

If you're going to panda to homophobes, you need to panda to racists, sexists and ageists too.

Beyond Godlike

Should we let people decide they don't want blood from certain races as well?

Why not let people choose that they only want blood from a less than 40 year old white straight man?

If you're going to panda to homophobes, you need to panda to racists, sexists and ageists too.

Zactly...

Lets just making it race specific, or better yet, catholics dont believe in protection, and black have an extremely high rate of infection to, lets ban ALL blacks as well...im sure then itll be a huge outrage as the right wing hating on blacks is now politically incorrect, as will hating on gays be in 10-15 years...even less since our current youth realize how retarded the haters are nowadays.

Dark_ph0enix

Zactly...

Lets just making it race specific, or better yet, catholics dont believe in protection, and black have an extremely high rate of infection to, lets ban ALL blacks as well...im sure then itll be a huge outrage as the right wing hating on blacks is now politically incorrect, as will hating on gays be in 10-15 years...even less since our current youth realize how retarded the haters are nowadays.

Every teenager I know uses the word gay & retard like they're interchangeable, so I'm not quite sure I agree.

azure.sapphire

Doesn't matter. The point is that nature made them not want to procreate. Most of them don't biologically father a child anyway.

What about bi-sexual men and women?

Hum

^ I said nothing about Race.

I was simply thinking of ways to keep the peace.

If someone is so fearful of something, let them avoid it.

I wouldn't throw a snake at someone who was deathly afraid of them.

The best solution is probably to donate your own blood, over time, to be used only for yourself.

My aunt did this in her last years.