For Sale: G5

Mac owners are so defensive when it comes to their brand of computer. :p I used to be a Mac user until I discovered how much AMD owns. ^_^

ur also using a 5 year old AMD

uh its only been used for 2 weeks, apple sells it for $2000 plus tax if from apple store, so how is 1900 too much if its $100 less...., mac's arent like pc's also, their retail value holds longer than pc's

Mac owners are so defensive when it comes to their brand of computer. :p I used to be a Mac user until I discovered how much AMD owns. ^_^

Yeah, but what if he doesn't like Windows? ;P And doesn't care to run Linux either? hrmmm ;P And where might be those AMD64's at I have heard so much about? Apple has 64bit computing for the desktop, but AMD? ;P And yes I know about the AMD Opteron processor's, but they are classed for workstation and servers. :)

But then again, I like diversity myself, my signature points that out. I have PC's running Windows and Linux, a Sparc Ultra 5 running Solaris, and a couple Mac's running OS X and one also boots into OS 9. Ah yes, choices are GOOD, and I can pick what I want to use any time...I feel like a OS X kind of person at the time, I can use my Mac, if I want a Solaris and more UNIX, well Solaris, want fast UNIX on the PC, go with Linux, and for the gaming needs, Windows. Ah yes, it all fits in perfectly with me. :) eBay is a great place for used computers too, got one of my Mac's for under $300 there, and got my Ultra 5 for $200 on it. :)

He doesn't want a PC.?:crazy::

HE WANTS A MAC.>

LOL :rofl:: :laugh::

Also instead I might get a Pbook since the new ones are out:pp as it would be easier for my yearbook class

I envy you. :crazy::

I want one of the new 15" PowerBook with backlit keyboards so bad.:rofl::

uh its only been used for 2 weeks, apple sells it for $2000 plus tax if from apple store, so how is 1900 too much if its $100 less...., mac's arent like pc's also, their retail value holds longer than pc's

no offense, but NO one is going to buy that used mac for that price. check out ebay, for just $200 more they could get a:

Power Mac G5 1.8GHz

1.8GHz PowerPC G5

160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm

SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

4GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 8x512MB

Airport Extreme Card

Mac OS X - U.S. English

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra

Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English

Edited by JK1150

no offense, but NO one is going to buy that used mac for that price. check out ebay, for just $200 they could get a:

Power Mac G5 1.8GHz

1.8GHz PowerPC G5

SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

Airport Extreme Card

Mac OS X - U.S. English

Yeah, they could get that if they want to get scammed really bad. I personally wouldn't buy that new of hardware from eBay myself, I don't trust all the scams going around on there...23" HD displays for $1000 buy it now, powerbook 1GHz with 23" HD displays for $2000 buy it now, come on. ;P

no offense, but NO one is going to buy that used mac for that price. check out ebay, for just $200 they could get a:

Power Mac G5 1.8GHz

1.8GHz PowerPC G5

SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

Airport Extreme Card

Mac OS X - U.S. English

Yeah, they could get that if they want to get scammed really bad. I personally wouldn't buy that new of hardware from eBay myself, I don't trust all the scams going around on there...23" HD displays for $1000 buy it now, powerbook 1GHz with 23" HD displays for $2000 buy it now, come on. ;P

yeah seriously your an idiot if your gonna believe that from ebay...

people will buy for this price, why do you people not seem to accept that? its barely even used, 2 weeks old...

Power Mac G5 1.8GHz

1.8GHz PowerPC G5

SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

Airport Extreme Card

Mac OS X - U.S. English

yeah seriously your an idiot if your gonna believe that from ebay...

people will buy for this price, why do you people not seem to accept that? its barely even used, 2 weeks old...

And you should be any more trust worthy than any other random stranger selling on eBay?

How about a few pictures of the system? Let's see one with Neowin written on a piece of paper beside it...

Look at it this way, a new car sells for tons more than a car with even 2000 miles on it. 2 Week old or not, it's used. Don't expect to get all of you money back that you paid for it. Just my 2 cents

i m sorry, i meant "for just $200 more than $1,900." you sure have a bad attitude for someone trying to sell something for top dollar

well sorry but it sounded like you meant $2000 and anyways I just checked and 2 of the first auctions for a G5 are scams, and I would have pictures if I had a digi cam.

well, since now we know the reason...

stop trying to sell it here.

go to www.spymac.com and register for the forums. go to the classifieds, and sell there.

then, go to www.macrumors.com and... well, do the same.

you should be able to get $1900 easy.

well sorry but it sounded like you meant $2000 and anyways I just checked and 2 of the first auctions for a G5 are scams, and I would have pictures if I had a digi cam.

That's very convienient...

So, you have no way of proving that you aren't scamming... :devil:

I already did make threads in other places, and why do you think I would be scamming, I don't have everything now do I, not my fault I don't have a working digital camera, and I have some screenshots of me using it

http://intenseghetto.com/mac/ but no actual shots of the G5 since like I've said before I don't got a cam, I'll see if I can borrow a friends

lol and how do I know that you didn't steal money from a credit card? I've seen it happen before and paypal would take the money from my account if it were stolen, if your serious than im me on aim

I'm getting a Dual 2.0 for $2136, so why would I want a 1.6 for 90% of that price? :p

Big hint: Any 1.6's selling right now are not that old anyways. Price it appropriate to the current market. That would put you at about $1750 max.

Here's a new one for $1879: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=14912