UFO Found on Ocean Floor ?

An ocean exploration team led by Swedish researcher Peter Lindberg has found what some are suggesting is a crashed flying saucer.

Lindberg's team, which has had success in the past recovering sunken ships and cargo, was using sonar to look for the century-old wreck of a ship that went down carrying several cases of a super-rare champagne. Instead, the team discovered what it claims is a mysterious round object that might (or might not) be extraterrestrial.

Lindberg explained to local media that his crew discovered, on the 300-foot-deep ocean floor between Finland and Sweden, "a large circle, about 60 feet in diameter. You see a lot of weird stuff in this job, but during my 18 years as a professional I have never seen anything like this. The shape is completely round."

Adding to the mystery at the bottom of the Gulf of Bothnia, Lindberg said he saw evidence of scars or marks disturbing the environment nearby, suggesting the object somehow moved across the ocean floor to where his team found it.

Lindberg said his team has neither the interest nor the resources to further investigate the anomaly. Deep ocean research is time-consuming and expensive. If the object were indeed a flying saucer, recovering it could potentially be worth millions or billions of dollars.

more & video

It's actually 60 meters in diameter not 60 feet, which makes this pretty massive.

I really hope someone goes down to check this out... seems strange to me why they don't want anything to do with it unless they were told to walk away ... shiftyninja.gifalien.gif

I wish they would at least investigate ... even if it is a rock formation, at least go and see, part of research ...

hell 100m is not even that deep (well, it is but it is not)

"2011-09-07

(Operation Baltic Discovery)

We are in negotiations!

Ocean Explorer welcomes every approach of interest regarding the strange anomaly. We plan to go out again and investigate the object further.We have recieved numerous email from people all over the world showing interest in the matter and wanting to donate money to the expeditionll persons who wish to donate money are very welcome and we are very grateful. Anyone who is so caring will receive a diploma that you support The Ocean Explorer Team."

http://oceanexplorer.se/

It's actually 60 meters in diameter not 60 feet, which makes this pretty massive.

Where are you getting that information, because the picture above is clearly labeled "60 feet/18 meters".

It's NOT a UFO.

It isn't flying.. :p

So, a crashed airplane lying on the sea floor is no longer an airplane but a submarine?

Looks more like a drain plug :rofl:

Where are you getting that information, because the picture above is clearly labeled "60 feet/18 meters".

So, a crashed airplane lying on the sea floor is no longer an airplane but a submarine?

It's not flying, so it's not a UFO. You don't say a bird is a flying object if it's dead on the floor do you?

If the object were indeed a flying saucer, recovering it could potentially be worth millions or billions of dollars.

I like how they put a price on what would be the biggest discovery of all-time. Also, if it were a UFO, I highly doubt it would go to auction. The government would probably take it and try to get technology from it and then put it up for public display.

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe anything hitting 300 ft deep water would leave a crash path. Even a bullet shot into water only makes it a few feet before losing all momentum and just drops - they don't move like you see in the movies.

I find it hard to believe anything hitting 300 ft deep water would leave a crash path. Even a bullet shot into water only makes it a few feet before losing all momentum and just drops - they don't move like you see in the movies.

How do you know how long it's been there? If it is a crashed UFO, maybe it crashed long before there was water there?

Also, 300ft is really, really shallow for deep sea research. I wouldn't doubt that they have some type of robotic submarine they use for real deep-sea research. So why don't they just use it and just go look at it? Seems a bit strange to me.

• Like 1

Yeah sorry, the website I was looking at updated to say it was FT and not M.

If they guy actually thought for a SECOND that it was alien in nature, he

would have gotten the funding to retrieve it. Pfft!

Exactly what I thought. He could get funding easily, and make a bunch in the process.