Maybe the best skeptic can explain this for me...

Ah, people seeing what they want to see. Nihilus hit the main ones, they looked like stars to me at first too. Gotta love those advanced societies that rely on stone tablets. Mix our associative brains with the lack of the scientific method and the possibilities are endless.

Lots of things are plausible, like aliens or gods, but its those who rush to confirmation bereft of evidence that are blinding themselves. The speed of sound is like the speed of light? The speed of light isn't the limit because of the 'larger electromagnetic spectrum'? ROFL Enjoy your faith though, doesn't bother me either unless you start taking collections for Xenu.

I know that there are other intelligent beings in our galaxy, that they can travel unimaginable distances, that other dimensions exist.

I agree there are other intelligent beings in the universe, but how do you know other dimensions exist, or how far they can travel?

If you do some research you'll see that many ancient culture got advanced knowledge from somewhere. I have no idea if it was from gods, or travelers from other worlds, or our future but these beings came from somewhere.

I have an open mind to extraterrestrial aliens, but not to the point that I am willing to make things up because there "probably" are aliens or to believe things just because I see it 'on the internet'/in a video.

Even if there probably is aliens, with the vastness of the universe, there would be even less probability that we would ever cross paths with them.

Whether interstellar/intergalactic travel or faster than light-speed is possible, I do not rule out, nor do I rule in. I do not make guesses that it is "probably" possible because I want it to be possible, I have a wait and see approach to see if advancements are made to prove these hypothesis.

If you do some research you'll see that many ancient culture got advanced knowledge from somewhere. I have no idea if it was from gods, or travelers from other worlds, or our future but these beings came from somewhere.

Perhaps they had telescopes, and mathematics?

IDK about ancient cultures, but this has certainly happened before: A culture develops advanced knowledge and technology over some amount of time, then religion or some other disaster comes along and destroys their knowledge and technology, and they're back to square one.

As for "travellers from other worlds", the distance they would have to travel to reach us would mean a few things:

- They'd have to leave well before humans even existed if they were to reach Earth in time to communicate with ancient cultures

- We'd have been very primitive compared to them

- Based on what we would do if we encountered a species of intelligent yet primitive animals, they'd either kill us, enslave us, or make pets of us.

- The amount of time and resources it would take to get here would mean they wouldn't be happy to just leave.

What advanced knowledge exactly are you referring too?

Fascinating watch - thanks for sharing. I think there is a lot about our past, our ancestors, and the origins of the solar system which we know so little about and I'm completely open minded about the possibility of involvement with aliens. I've always believed that it's quite conceivable, out there on all those billions of other star systems, there must be other life out there. To believe otherwise is incomprehensible to me.

I am getting tired of hearing these guys lie saying there is no intelligent life out there and they take years to come up with a simple explaination why. Also why they said no life out there because they never listen to visit us the same thing with time traverlers. Lets ask a genious why they wouldnt if they have rules and standards that prevent them from interfereing with us they most likely have some code of oath or federation not to mention temperoal police. So the next time someone says hey people from the future why dont you visit us why do you think about it? I have nothing against Dr Hawkins but what he said even he as a genious should know why time travelers or aliens would not visit him.

I am getting tired of hearing these guys lie saying there is no intelligent life out there and they take years to come up with a simple explaination why. Also why they said no life out there because they never listen to visit us the same thing with time traverlers. Lets ask a genious why they wouldnt if they have rules and standards that prevent them from interfereing with us they most likely have some code of oath or federation not to mention temperoal police. So the next time someone says hey people from the future why dont you visit us why do you think about it? I have nothing against Dr Hawkins but what he said even he as a genious should know why time travelers or aliens would not visit him.

LOL WUT? First off no one has lied, the fact is, we dont know of any other life out there, let alone intelligent life. Much of your post is incoherent, did you bother to even proof read first? How you jump from aliens to time travelers is just silly. Until proof is provided that either exists, its best not to make silly posts.

You may also want to post your topic on one of the three, if not all three, following sites:

Legendary Times

Fortean Times

Unexplained Mysteries

Because, those three sites have a lot of believers, and a lot of skeptics.

I do think time travel exists, and it's relatively easy to spot them travellers sometimes.

6cj1a.jpg

I LOVE this thread, carry on don't mind me

1285287039826.jpg

Although I have to say that it makes me laugh that a lot of people are taking thinks scientists have said as FACT when it is actually a theory, and the scientists themselves are happy to admit when they are wrong or that the theory will be revised in the future as more evidence comes available.

Which is really what its all about, come to a conclusion based on the actual evidence at hand, and then revise that as more evidence becomes available

I think you have to realize that in the ancient days all people ever did was watch the stars and planets.. I have looked up a few times and I can see some planets with my bare eyes and how they are different the the stars.. Back then all people used to do every day was watch the stars for entertainment..

You have to give our ancestors more credit... Culturally we focus on things that are totally different these days but I ask you to try to go look at the stars every night out the forest for the next 365 days and see if you see any patterns.. I think there is a break in European science and ancient science but why do you believe that some guy in Europe figured everything out by himself but just a few hundred or thousand years earlier a guy (or girl) in another part of the world could not figure these things out for themselves.. For example you should look into how the ancient chinese followed the stars as well and how they had recorded Supernovas in distant galaxies but it is more likely to think that they did it because I can relate to how smart some of my chinese friends are.. I guess its just hard to think that these ancient people did it as well just because we cant relate to them as well..

I am a believer in aliens but not really in super undercover conspiracies.. If government people cant even control information about themselves having sex with random people then how could they possibly keep secrets to this degree...

fun fact: I have a great uncle that worked for the US making "Flying Saucers" and he was telling me as he is a genius engineer.. He told me they scrapped the project because they were too hard to stabilize and stop the shaking which bothered the pilots.. He worked with the US military on building highways in Afganistan back 40-60 years ago so its hard not to believe such a legit guy

• 3 weeks later...