AT&T announces new Windows Phone lineup

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/09/12/at-amp-t-announces-new-windows-phone-lineup.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This morning AT&T took the wraps off their expanded phone lineup that will feature the next release of Windows Phone, code-named Mango. They also announced they will be among the first carriers to start updating existing AT&T Windows Phones with the Mango release this fall.

AT&T said they will carry three brand new Windows Phones this year including the HTC TITAN, the Samsung Focus? S and the Samsung Focus? Flash.

Everyone knows about the TITAN already, so on to the new stuff.

The Samsung Focus? S takes the success of the original Focus to the next level with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, a 1.4 GHz processor, 4G speeds and a super thin profile. It also includes front and rear facing cameras to capture a moment or connect with friends.

The third phone in the lineup is the Samsung Focus? Flash. The Focus Flash is a great pocket phone with a 3.7-inch Super AMOLED screen, but still packs a speedy 1.4 GHz processor. This phone is great for people looking for a high performance phone at a value packed price.

Anyone who has a focus and loves it and is going to upgrade early next year or later this year then the Focus S sounds like the obvious choice to me. Of course we need more details, like storage. I hope with the speed bump to the CPU they've also upped the storage to at least 16GB and not just 8GB only.

Yes indeed as I just viewed Bill Cox (MS Senior Director of Communication/Windows Phone 7 Div) tweet....regarding this, nice!

Quotes

"Our customers love Windows Phones which is why we've sold more of them than anyone else," said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "We're taking our leadership to a whole new level by getting the Mango update to all existing customers and rolling out awesome new Windows Phones."

:) :cool: :woot:

• Like 1

Anyone who has a focus and loves it and is going to upgrade early next year or later this year then the Focus S sounds like the obvious choice to me. Of course we need more details, like storage. I hope with the speed bump to the CPU they've also upped the storage to at least 16GB and not just 8GB only.

I am hoping Nokia comes out soon, I used to love their phones :)

I'm not sold on the AT&T variety, but the Nokia phones do look promising. If Microsoft doesn't allow them to install a ton of "customizations" (read: BLOAT), then I might bight the bullet and make the switch. It'll be a tough sell, however, as I still love Android quite a bit.

Good news for WP7. I really wish other carriers had a better phone selection though. Hopefully with Mango. I'm very intrigued by their comment about pushing the update. I can't wait to see how this rollout works. I hope it's smooth (and soon!)... LOL

I am hoping Nokia comes out soon, I used to love their phones :)

lol...I too had Nokia devices (prior to BJ I, BJII, and now Focus)

Will wait until my present contract with AT&T is up (have another 10 months or so)

But the quality and sheek 'Euro Design' of Nokia has always attracted my appeal!

It seems to me that Verizon is buttbuddies with Google ever since they came up with that stupid set of guidelines for net neutrality a year or so ago. Well, on the bright side MS is going to send out a army of sales reps to wakeup the carrier sales people in stores who right off WP7 thinking it's WM6x with a new skin on top. Nokia will do the same as well, so that adds to it.

It seems to me that Verizon is buttbuddies with Google ever since they came up with that stupid set of guidelines for net neutrality a year or so ago. Well, on the bright side MS is going to send out a army of sales reps to wakeup the carrier sales people in stores who right off WP7 thinking it's WM6x with a new skin on top. Nokia will do the same as well, so that adds to it.

I agree. I'm really hoping that Microsoft is able to get these sales people on the ball. I had one at a Verizon store tell me that "Microsoft doesn't make Windows for phones anymore..." This, while I was HOLDING a WP7 device at THEIR display...

I'm really hoping too that Verizon gets on the ball here. They really don't want to be "The Android" carrier... Choice is a big deal to consumers. It's why AT&T has been able to grow with a horrible network...

Dunno if the Focus S is going to the UK, it might, or the UK could get a respin/update of the Omnia 7 maybe?

"Our customers love Windows Phones which is why we've sold more of them than anyone else," said Jeff Bradley

Well, there's also the fact that AT&T carries a larger variety of Windows Phones, and had them 3 or 4 months before other carriers did. T-Mobile still only carries the HD7, and all of the CDMA carriers were late in getting WP7 phones.