A few hints & tricks for build 8102

Is there a much quicker way to shut down your PC? In Win7, all you do is tap the Windows key, move to the arrow key to the right and press enter (as it defaults to "Shut Down," although you can also have it do a restart.) It seems in Win8, I have to press the Start button, load up the charm menu, click on "Settings" and then go to "Power," and then pick "Shut Down" from the list. Doesn't seem very quick or elegant.

Alt + F4 on desktop or revert to classic menu.

Is there a much quicker way to shut down your PC? In Win7, all you do is tap the Windows key, move to the arrow key to the right and press enter (as it defaults to "Shut Down," although you can also have it do a restart.) It seems in Win8, I have to press the Start button, load up the charm menu, click on "Settings" and then go to "Power," and then pick "Shut Down" from the list. Doesn't seem very quick or elegant.

Ctrl-Alt-Del, then you get the power button.

Another very fast way, make a batch file with the shut-down cmd, and pin to task bar or notification area, then it would be a one-click job. :laugh:

guys, there is an way to pin the desktop Internet Explorer to the start page? i liked the immersive one, but the lack of plug-ins kills it for me. I hope MS reconsider this, at least as an option.

guys, there is an way to pin the desktop Internet Explorer to the start page? i liked the immersive one, but the lack of plug-ins kills it for me. I hope MS reconsider this, at least as an option.

Go to Desktop, shift-right-click on IE in the task bar, select "Pin to Start"