• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows 8 on GMA950

Southern Patriot    876

Has anyone else installed this on a computer with GMA950? The display adapter shows up in Device Manager as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and won't let me set a proper resolution for my widescreen LCD display (an 18" Acer). It is only giving me 4:3 resolutions. I've tried installing Intel's drivers for Windows 7, but the installation fails saying the computer doesn't meet the requirements (it is probably checking for the specific version number of the OS).

accelerator    1

Has anyone else installed this on a computer with GMA950? The display adapter shows up in Device Manager as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and won't let me set a proper resolution for my widescreen LCD display (an 18" Acer). It is only giving me 4:3 resolutions. I've tried installing Intel's drivers for Windows 7, but the installation fails saying the computer doesn't meet the requirements (it is probably checking for the specific version number of the OS).

Not installed Windows 8 yet, so not sure if this is possible...

Tried extracting the install package and then using Device Manager to manually locate the .inf?

Southern Patriot    876

Not installed Windows 8 yet, so not sure if this is possible...

Tried extracting the install package and then using Device Manager to manually locate the .inf?

Yeah, that was the next thing I was going to try. Have to install WinRAR on that computer first. ****ing Intel with their dual-packaged exes that don't work correctly with Compatibility Mode.

Southern Patriot    876

Nevermind, I'm a dumbass. I had accidentally downloaded the 32-bit version of the driver.

:whistle: :rolleyes:

Cesar D    0

Guys, I have the same problem, there is no way I can install the freaking gma 950 in Windows 8.

I tried everthing, the installer fails, the manual install to choose the inf file fails, automatic update fails, everthing fails, Windows looks very sluggsh,it`s fustating.

Windows 7 worked just fine, what can I do?

Southern Patriot    876

It worked fine for me once I had the correct installer. Which one are you trying to use?

Cesar D    0

It worked fine for me once I had the correct installer. Which one are you trying to use?

Please, could you say what installer you used, this is driving me crazy, im attepting to make this work for painful 11 hours... :no:

Southern Patriot    876

Please, could you say what installer you used, this is driving me crazy, im attepting to make this work for painful 11 hours... :no:

64-bit version

32-bit version