Flaunt Your Windows 8 Screenshots here

Windows Server 2012 Standard

One thing though you can't have start screen BG.... I'm sure someone will add it soon though.....

post-361542-0-99384600-1348038706_thumb.

post-361542-0-63421800-1348038700_thumb.

Server Manager:

post-361542-0-24975100-1348065483_thumb.

Task manager:

post-361542-0-77401600-1348065633_thumb.

I really started to like the start-screen once I de-fullscreened it^^ And I might not have much use for the Metro apps themselves but in a small information dock they are great! :)

How did you manage to resize the start screen?

Apparently, that's been fixed.

I still don't like how they look. They still have the "non-Metro-style" old icons and no tile colour. I wish Microsoft had let us modify the tiles of Desktop apps (the ability to change the colour and add our own "Metro-style" icons would have been nice, in my opinion). As it stands, I can't pin any Desktop apps to my Start screen and still enjoy the user experience, due to how inconsistent those tiles look.

You can change them... go to the right folder and change the icons there! I did it:

post-361542-0-54205600-1348062832_thumb.

should be C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

change the icons by the usual right click>properties method...

this also changes your taskbar icon as well.... if you add to start, then pin it....

Run dialog is completely depreciated and redundant. Not sure why it's still there.

I agree with everything you say, apart from this. I always use it to launch things. (regedit, msinfo32, notepad, mspaint, write, taskmgr, etc).

I agree with everything you say, apart from this. I always use it to launch things. (regedit, msinfo32, notepad, mspaint, write, taskmgr, etc).

You can do that from Search now. Even on Windows 7, you can input run dialog commands, and even folder paths into Search and it'll go.

You can change them... go to the right folder and change the icons there! I did it:

post-361542-0-54205600-1348062832_thumb.

should be C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

change the icons by the usual right click>properties method...

this also changes your taskbar icon as well.... if you add to start, then pin it....

Thanks :) I'm more concerned with the tile not being coloured and the icon still being smaller than the icons on most "Metro" tiles, though, unfortunately. But at least your suggestion would help somewhat :)

Thanks :) I'm more concerned with the tile not being coloured and the icon still being smaller than the icons on most "Metro" tiles, though, unfortunately. But at least your suggestion would help somewhat :)

No problem... and that was bothering me as well... I like windows 7 to have all windows 7 feel and all windows server 2012 to have all it's feel.... not a mixmash of crap....

http://dakirby309.deviantart.com/art/Metro-UI-Dock-Icon-Set-RELEASED-678-Icons-280724102 is the icon set I used.....

You can do that from Search now. Even on Windows 7, you can input run dialog commands, and even folder paths into Search and it'll go.

Oh, I know. I guess it's just a habbit ;x.

It also looks a lot more l337 when done in-front of bitches, bitches love l337.

• Like 2

Is that the Custom tile creator (can't remember the name :p ) app? Looks great for those who doesn't use the start screen as their launchers :)

Off topic: I really hope that the TrackSeries dev fix the 1/1/1 bug. It kind of triggers OCD in a way :p

Is that the Custom tile creator (can't remember the name :p ) app? Looks great for those who doesn't use the start screen as their launchers :)

Yeah, it's the 'Custom Tiles Maker'. Works a lot better than the MetroTiles trial version I used before. :)

• 2 weeks later...
<< snip >>

I'm running Windows Server 2012 as well... How did you manage to change the desktop? I can't change mine at all from the standard baby blue window chrome.

You guys should check this (buried :p ) thread. It's OblyTile which allows us to have the Metro icons on Desktop applications. Kitty, you can use those PNGs as well. Just needs a bit of resizing.

post-372806-0-54384200-1349059200.png

*by buried I mean, most people seem to want consistency on the start screen and this tiny app surely solves that one and yet it was left unnoticed :p.

• Like 2

I'm running Windows Server 2012 as well... How did you manage to change the desktop? I can't change mine at all from the standard baby blue window chrome.

windows server 2012 workstation converter

enable the desktop and .net services on page 1:

02.jpg

enable audio,themes,and network discovery on this page:

03.jpg

after that you should be able to select the theme you need.

also I have it set to auto change based on the slideshow color.... (Nice feature!)

You guys should check this (buried :p ) thread. It's OblyTile which allows us to have the Metro icons on Desktop applications. Kitty, you can use those PNGs as well. Just needs a bit of resizing.

Good call on that program.. a little touchy at times, fairly time consuming when you want to do a bajillion of them, but definitely liking the results so far.

47083693.png

• Like 2

Those icons are kind of fun. Thanks for that!

No problem-o! ;-)

Good call on that program.. a little touchy at times, fairly time consuming when you want to do a bajillion of them, but definitely liking the results so far.

47083693.png

That looks pretty cool.