WP7 phones discontinued on the 3 network?

I'm looking to buy a WP7 phone on contract with the 3 network. I can't seem to find any on their website.

Can anybody find any? I think they've discontinued it :(

My question is why you would want a phone at all on three. They're a terrible network.

I've been with them since 2007 (2 contracts) and I've had absolutely no problem with them. Coverage is pretty good, and I've had no issues with their customer service.

Could you recommend me a WP7 phone with another network worth going for?

Or the Mango phones flood is coming? It's very imminent. :)

But why would they just drop their current line? Why not clear inventory?

I've been with them since 2007 (2 contracts) and I've had absolutely no problem with them. Coverage is pretty good, and I've had no issues with their customer service.

Maybe they have cleared their inventory?

How about the HD7 on O2, that's the one I have and I'm very happy with it. The only customisation O2 have done is a splash screen on startup and a custom accent colour.

I phoned them up and they said they don't have any WP7 phones atm. They will have more Mango phones later though. So I thought 'Sod it' and I got a Samsung Galaxy S II for ?30 a month :)

I phoned them up and they said they don't have any WP7 phones atm. They will have more Mango phones later though. So I thought 'Sod it' and I got a Samsung Galaxy S II for ?30 a month :)

I wonder whether they'll be replacing the Omnia 7 with the new Samsung Focus S.

My question is why you would want a phone at all on three. They're a terrible network.

What? haha they are brilliant.

I pay ?15 a month and I get unlimited internet, 3000 texts and 300 minutes a month. That internet includes tethering too. The speed of the 3G? 7.2Mb/ps - Never had an outtage never had signal loss so bad that I couldn't place a phone call or send a text in the UK.

They are in my opinion the best network in the UK bar none, before 3 I was with O2 now that is a crappy company. 500MB data caps for ?25 a month, 2.2Mb/ps was fastest 3G I could get, they had a 3G Data outage that lasted 3 days in London while I was with them (Which is where I live so it directly affected me) I never got a refund for those 3 days either. Then they charged me to unlock my iPhone at the end of my contract anyway.

heart.gif Three

same for T-Mobile, completely removed the Windows 7 phones and this was a couple of months ago, i think it's more to do with them not selling. I tried to get a Samsung and HTC for work and they just didn't do them anymore.

same for T-Mobile, completely removed the Windows 7 phones and this was a couple of months ago, i think it's more to do with them not selling. I tried to get a Samsung and HTC for work and they just didn't do them anymore.

T-Mobile has WP7 phones here. And there are Mango devices that are supposedly going to be coming to T-Mobile as well. I think they are moving through stock before the Mango devices hit... That's all.

Once the old devices sell out they're not going to buy more, they'll just wait and pick up the new Mango phones, which makes sense. If you don't see them on a carrier that sold the originals then just wait till later this month or Oct for sure when the new devices come out.

T-Mobile has WP7 phones here. And there are Mango devices that are supposedly going to be coming to T-Mobile as well. I think they are moving through stock before the Mango devices hit... That's all.

Remember your USA and he is UK, the two T-Mobiles operate independently. Whilst the USA T-Mobile is owned by Deutschland Telecom the UK company is owned by Everything Everywhere which itself is a merger between the UK Networks Orange and T-Mobile.

What I'm trying to say is that it's difficult to compare the two T-Mobiles as the only real thing they share is the brand name.

Remember your USA and he is UK, the two T-Mobiles operate independently. Whilst the USA T-Mobile is owned by Deutschland Telecom the UK company is owned by Everything Everywhere which itself is a merger between the UK Networks Orange and T-Mobile.

What I'm trying to say is that it's difficult to compare the two T-Mobiles as the only real thing they share is the brand name.

To add onto this. Compared to the US, the UK isn't a ****ing mess when it comes to mobile phone operators. There is heavy competition, the data plans are quite moderate and the prices aren't stupidly high.

To add onto this. Compared to the US, the UK isn't a ****ing mess when it comes to mobile phone operators. There is heavy competition, the data plans are quite moderate and the prices aren't stupidly high.

And we don't get charged to receive calls & texts! That always makes me laugh, that Americans put up with that BS... :p

And we don't get charged to receive calls & texts! That always makes me laugh, that Americans put up with that BS... :p

SAY WHAT?!!!!

Yeah but they also don't have anywhere near as much ground to cover.

I'm not defending the US networks, they all suck, but there are reasons.

The problem with US networks seems to have more to do with the fact that they haven't standardised with a single communication technology and a single set of frequencies. This leads to lock-in and hampers competition.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the original topic.

Yeah, it seems that people in England tend to forget that their entire country is roughly the same size as the state that I live in (Mississippi), which itself is on the low side of average size for a state in the US.

The problem with US networks seems to have more to do with the fact that they haven't standardised with a single communication technology and a single set of frequencies. This leads to lock-in and hampers competition.

+1. That and the fact that being as large a country as it is, it's all the more costly to enter the industry (And the government makes doing so even harder...).

It's true, as far as I'm aware, most American networks (if not all, I don't know) charge you to receive texts etc

Nah... There are a LOT of plans that include text messaging. I've been on every major carrier in the country and have never had to pay for texts. Only lower end plans do so...

Then there's the fact that UK Mobile Operators share masts as well.

As they do in the US too.

In fact, the very thing that people see as a bad thing about US wireless networks (the fact that they use different frequency bands and technologies) is the very thing that allows even more sharing of towers here than would be common in places where everyone uses GSM, since they don't tend to interfere with each other as much.