Screen captures of the Cinematic are looking amazing, looks much better than the one the released last year. Blizzcon is this weekend so we can look fwd to more information soon :D Hoping for a Release Date and or Collectors Edition information :p

Screen captures of the Cinematic are looking amazing, looks much better than the one the released last year. Blizzcon is this weekend so we can look fwd to more information soon :D Hoping for a Release Date and or Collectors Edition information :p

It looks awesome, especially the second image. Blizzard has the best looking cinematic videos for their games.

So, between the forced multiplayer and the always-on internet requirements, I'm no longer all that keen on Diablo III.

I've heard about the always-on internet requirement but this is the first I've heard of "forced multiplayer". Where did you get that from? Can you not just start a game, password protect it, and then play through by yourself like you could with Diablo 2 and a Battle.net character?

I've heard about the always-on internet requirement but this is the first I've heard of "forced multiplayer". Where did you get that from? Can you not just start a game, password protect it, and then play through by yourself like you could with Diablo 2 and a Battle.net character?

You can do exactly that.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I honestly do even feel like this is anything like Diablo II. It's more of a gimmick of a want to be D2, not saying I don't like this game because I've yet to play it.

You are still starting a multiplayer game and then password protecting it so that no other players join in. Once upon a time, games used to have an offline Single Player mode.

You are still starting a multiplayer game and then password protecting it so that no other players join in. Once upon a time, games used to have an offline Single Player mode.

I understand people being upset about Blizzard's direction with their DRM. I respect folks who don't want to buy into Blizzard's bullying. But I just want clarification that the game is in fact playable as a single player game and that the content is completable without partying with friends or random folks from the Internet (nevermind the always online DRM discussion which is a different subject IMO).

It sounds to me like they are basically doing the same thing they did in Diablo 2 with the Battle.net character. In those days, if you wanted a Battle.net player you had to be online and if you just wanted to play single player you had to start a game but password protect it so others wouldn't join. There was a single player offline version, and you could still play with that character online in a multiplayer format...but the problem was the cheating that was done on offline character files. I preferred the Battle.net character (even though I was using a modem back then) for the simple reason that if I did was to play with folks I knew that none of the characters were hacked in some way.

30361orig.jpg

Blizzard has revealed the Collector's Edition for their upcoming RPG Diablo 3.

During the BlizzCon 2011 opening ceremony, Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime revealed the CE for Diablo 3 which is being released in a rather fetching white bo, nuch to the surprise of the audience at the event.

Inside the box there's an Art of Diablo 3 book, soundtrack, behind the Scenes DVD exclusive in-game content and a great looking 4GB Diablo 3 Soulstone USB stick.

Sadly the box did not include the soon to be released Book of Cain but I guess you can't have it all.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/29433/diablo-3-collectors-edition-revealed[/CODE]

nice to hear about no servers for AUS/NZ players! looking forward to lag times!

We often get screwed. Oh well.

nice to hear about no servers for AUS/NZ players! looking forward to lag times!

What? You mean, as in there won't be any Aussie/NZ servers when the game is released, ever??

FYI THIS IS A SCAM! IS THIS BETA OUT YET? NO ONE SHOULD EVER EMAIL THIS INFORMATION! Plus the address to email the information to is a noreply@ address! Please alert your friends!!! Don't do it!

Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!

We?re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to go through the opt-in process.

To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary?s heroes,Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* Name:

* Battle.account name:

* Password:

* E-mail Address:

Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!

FYI THIS IS A SCAM! IS THIS BETA OUT YET? NO ONE SHOULD EVER EMAIL THIS INFORMATION! Plus the address to email the information to is a noreply@ address! Please alert your friends!!! Don't do it!

Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!

We?re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to go through the opt-in process.

To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary?s heroes,Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* Name:

* Battle.account name:

* Password:

* E-mail Address:

Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!

I woke up to one of those emails in my inbox yesterday (they are normally blocked and deleted directly) I saw the subject line and got excited, and the email it came from looked right, I opened it and saw it asking me for stuff and deleted it straight away, Made me rather sad, I have the Beta installed and updated just cannot play it :p I am hoping they do what they did for Starcraft and allow folks that pre order the game to get into the beta, as I have already pre ordered the collectors edition I would simply receive an email with a code. Here is hoping they do this in December and i can play it during Christmas

Sorry for this question but is this game a MMO or more of a single player thing?

Not MMO. It can be played single player (although you have to be connected to the internet) or can be played with 3 other players for coop.

Sorry for this question but is this game a MMO or more of a single player thing?

It is far better than how they did it with Diablo II, with 3 you can setup your game so that while you are playing your friends (or in the case you set it as public) can just pop in and out of your game. and if no one is there then you are just in single player. The difficulty is dynamically changed when people join your game.