The problem with Diablo 3, which I mentioned several dozen pages ago and on their official forums, is that the game is designed so that you NEED the AH to progress. If the AH was simply there as an alternative to playing the game and getting relevant items, then there wouldn't be any issue. But the drop rates and level ranges of items was/is clearly adjusted to make the AH more prominent than it should be. I know Blizzard has released updates that have changed the drop rates, but it wasn't enough. The game still feels like it's funneling you to the AH in the hope that you'll spend money. And that is not ok.

I think that it is probably possible to get through HELL difficulty w/o using the AH. But it does suck how items that drop are 10 levels below what you need. Not that that really matters. The stats on items are so wild and unpredictable a level 30 item can beat a level 45 item easily in stats (except for armor amount which seems tied to the level).

Ultimately, items are worth 90% of your ability to progress and instead they should be worth <10%. Even if item stats weren't so blown out of proportion people would still have fun collecting better items and still use the AH. People love having better stats, even if it is just marginally better IMHO.

Oh well, its fun chatting about this game (and what could be done to improve it). I still feel like I got my moneys worth and don't want to just troll the game because it is a lot of fun and the time played/money spent ratio is pretty high compared to most games (for me, anyway).

Meh so that means I can only use the staff if I make it on Nightmare, unless I get the drop on Normal and Hell and Inferno now? Lame.

No. You get all the pieces on Normal, then you buy the recipes (after defeating Izual in that difficulty) to upgrade the staff to the next level (nightmare, hell, inferno).

No. You get all the pieces on Normal, then you buy the recipes (after defeating Izual in that difficulty) to upgrade the staff to the next level (nightmare, hell, inferno).

Oh, crap then. Normal mode is like, aimbot mode now lol Guess I could use a lower level dude in that case.

Oh, crap then. Normal mode is like, aimbot mode now lol Guess I could use a lower level dude in that case.

You wan to use your best character. You will have to run the spots many times to get the items. So you want to be able to do it as fast as possible.

people still play this game?

For now I'm pretty bored with it. But I've always said this would never be a game I would play for months and months at a time.

It's amusing going to the official D3 forums and reading about new exploits that people are reporting just about every other day, though. Blizzard really did release the game about a year to early.

For now I'm pretty bored with it. But I've always said this would never be a game I would play for months and months at a time.

It's amusing going to the official D3 forums and reading about new exploits that people are reporting just about every other day, though. Blizzard really did release the game about a year to early.

It's almost like Blizzard are releasing these "exploits" purposely to get people talking about D3 on the web and with YouTube videos... unid exploit, then god mode wizard / god mode barb? I remember people even commenting saying "mixing things up" is what makes the game fun (sometimes chars being OP'd can be a good thing?) so I wouldn't be too surprised if they did want these things to be discovered or maybe they are just lazy.

But yeah all I do now is craft and sit on the AH and sell things all day... Farming takes so much longer and isn't any fun after so many runs...

god mode barb?

Never existed......there is (was at least, have they fixed it yet?) a bug that allowed barb to get insane life leech permanently, but nothing that literally made the barb un-killable (wasn't the same as the Wizard bug).

Never existed......there is (was at least, have they fixed it yet?) a bug that allowed barb to get insane life leech permanently, but nothing that literally made the barb un-killable (wasn't the same as the Wizard bug).

Perma-stun barb? -

Perma-stun barb? -

My bad, I only saw it being done with the healing rune....never use furious charge so I didn't know it had a stun rune. It's not exactly god mode though, because if you don't have the crit to support it, you don't keep them perma-stun....in essence, it's only effective with the right gear. The wizard one, you could remove all your gear and still not have a problem, not the same with the barb one.

For example, he even says in the video "If you die."....once you did the Wizard one, you couldn't die unless you removed the bug.

So yes, the perma-stun is pretty godly, but it's not a full 100% god mode like archon+teleport.

• 2 weeks later...

Character Profiles are now available: http://us.battle.net...ilable-8_6_2012

I feel as though it's a little too late. In hindsight, I wish Blizzard released the game with PvP support. I think that would have added a lot of replay value to the game. Back when I bought Diablo 3 on release day, I planned on playing the game for at least a year. It turns out that I only played it for about 2 months. And none of my close friends play it anymore. We've moved on to other PC games like StarCraft 2, Dota 2 and Smite.

I guess it just boils down to the real-money auction house. It's a damn shame it turned into a pay-to-win game. There's a high chance it'll be even worse once the PvP patch is released.

• Like 1

I guess it just boils down to the real-money auction house. It's a damn shame it turned into a pay-to-win game. There's a high chance it'll be even worse once the PvP patch is released.

This is so true.

PvP will suffer so much because of this...

I'm just about done the game on normal first time around... it's been a fun game, but once I finish it on normal I'll be done with it. :)

My biggest complaint: lag issues, lag spikes, etc, that get me killed. Does not happen in other games. AND I'M ONLY PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER.

Lots of changes coming in 1.0.4. I'll probably give another go at Insane mode with my Barbarian when it comes out to see if it is anymore fun.

But there still is no endgame beyond just beating it on insane.

Legendary changes in the upcoming 1.0.4 patch:

http://us.battle.net...ments-8_14_2012

And Barbarian preview:

http://us.battle.net...arian-8_15_2012

Looks good I think. I'm liking the huge buff to rend because I almost always had that skill equipped since it was unlocked. It seemed good to me before..

My interest in the game is raising slightly again with each bit of news they've given us about the upcoming patch.

I'm interested in these changes as well... but only really because I'm going to be depending on this game for my rpgish fix until I can afford to upgrade my PC. I can run this, but GW2 will not be playable.

Guess it gives me time to get a DH and Wizard and Barb to 60.

I'm interested in these changes as well... but only really because I'm going to be depending on this game for my rpgish fix until I can afford to upgrade my PC. I can run this, but GW2 will not be playable.

Guess it gives me time to get a DH and Wizard and Barb to 60.

I too am interested in all the changes (they look great so far), but GW2 will be taking up my time before the patch hits, and based on changes so far it won't bring me back to D3 when I have GW2 sitting there. Really glad to see all the legendary changes (and item changes in general) will actually make legendaries worth picking up. Firewalkers would be perfect for my friends fire-based monk (all resist, fire resist, dex, etc).

EDIT: Honestly though it wouldn't be too hard for them to update old legendaries to the new stats.....unidentify current legendaries a person has, reroll new stats for it (using the new legendary attribute tables) and there you go. Could even remove equipped items off a person if they wanted to.....put them in the Auction House "mail" system or something (unidentified, that is).

I too am interested in all the changes (they look great so far), but GW2 will be taking up my time before the patch hits, and based on changes so far it won't bring me back to D3 when I have GW2 sitting there. Really glad to see all the legendary changes (and item changes in general) will actually make legendaries worth picking up. Firewalkers would be perfect for my friends fire-based monk (all resist, fire resist, dex, etc).

EDIT: Honestly though it wouldn't be too hard for them to update old legendaries to the new stats.....unidentify current legendaries a person has, reroll new stats for it (using the new legendary attribute tables) and there you go. Could even remove equipped items off a person if they wanted to.....put them in the Auction House "mail" system or something (unidentified, that is).

But then people wouldn't feel compelled to use the RMAH to get the fancy new legendaries.

Well, I've just completed the game (Normal mode) and there's a big "meh" expression on my face: this is a ****ing, pathetic hollywood movie with only a glimpse of the Diablo II dark epic fantasy....

On the other hand, the game proved to be much more fun (and difficult!) than I expected from the Starter Edition. Anyway it's unlikely that I'll put the same energy in growing my character I put in Diablo II....

Monk preview:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939559/Patch_104_Preview_Monk-8_16_2012

Not impressed.....the only skill mentioning any changes is Exploding Palm, Seven-Sided Strike and Wave of Light......then they go on to talk about how they feel that One with Everything shouldn't be a "mandatory passive" for monks, but can't figure out how to fix it without breaking current gearing methods. They don't mention any other skills explicitly (that I saw at least) in terms of what's changing. Sure it is just a preview, but they listed more about whats changing in both the barb and wizard previews. Monk is one of the most broken classes IMHO (one of the hardest to gear to for A3/4 compared to the others)...only class that might be more broken is Witch Doctor. Yet their preview seems shorter than the other two posted so far.

I think the way they should fix make One with Everything a passive ability like the 30% damage reduction that melee gets natively. This would make it so it isn't a required skill since monks would have it no matter their active/passive skills, and would go great to help improve their viability in inferno (freeing up a passive slot).