I was looking forward to it until they announced it is going to have only ONE CLASS! Previous D2 expansion had at least 2 classes.

EA/Blizzard is just milking players' money this time.

I'm in the same boat and I absolutely love the game. It has a higher than usual RRP too doesn't it? Pretty sure previous Blizzard expansions are $30.

I was looking forward to it until they announced it is going to have only ONE CLASS! Previous D2 expansion had at least 2 classes.

EA/Blizzard is just milking players' money this time.

I'm not sure what all this expansion will come with, but my understanding is that they are also expanding the skill sets of the original classes.  I don't think that they added new skills to the existing classes in the D2 expansion.  All that I'm pointing out is that just 1 extra class doesn't really give a whole picture of how much content is coming in the next expansion.  If the new class is a blast to play, then to me it is worth it.  IMO, the Druid and Assassin classes in the D2 expansions were not near as good as the original classes.  I'd rather have 1 solid new class than 2 mediocre classes that aren't as good as the original classes.

I'm in the same boat and I absolutely love the game. It has a higher than usual RRP too doesn't it? Pretty sure previous Blizzard expansions are $30.

$34.99 from a quick search on the Internet (I seem to recall $40 though).  Blizzard has been pricing their expansions at $40 (at launch) for awhile.  Usually dropping $10 after a year with the occasional extra $10 off during promotions.

I'm gonna skip the expansion. I paid $40 for StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and I barely played it. I'm not going to do the same thing again. It's not anything against the game either. I just don't have the time to play all the games I have. Right now, most of my gaming time is spent enjoying Dota 2 with my friends. Whatever is left is spent enjoying Battlefield 4. If it goes on sale and most of my friends buy it, then I'll get it too.

Same :(.  I've probably played through 40-50% of the campaign and that is about it.  However, I only paid $20 for it after it was out for some months and on a promotional deal.

I've picked this back up and have been playing it quite a bit lately, mostly farming working my way up in MP have c

I'm gonna skip the expansion. I paid $40 for StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and I barely played it. I'm not going to do the same thing again. It's not anything against the game either. I just don't have the time to play all the games I have. Right now, most of my gaming time is spent enjoying Dota 2 with my friends. Whatever is left is spent enjoying Battlefield 4. If it goes on sale and most of my friends buy it, then I'll get it too.

I played Starcraft 2: HotS for the campaigns mainly, not multilayer and playing against other players are very stressful. But from time to time it is good to have some battles against players or AI.

• 2 weeks later...

That is interesting. Thanks for the post.  I had always thought there was some side story line associated with the Scoundrel in Act 1, "The rest of the thieves guild will find you."

?you really can?t have an action RPG that has player choice?.

Oooohhhh... I bet a certain someone has something to say about that.

Wish the PS4 date was known :( Have my PS3 character anxiously awaiting import.

It will probably be on the order of months after the PC release (is my guess).  I base that on the fact that there hasn't been a release date announced for the "Ultimate Evil Edition" yet, and I really don't expect one until after the PC expansion is released.

On the other hand, Blizzard may be behaving dubiously and intend to release the PS4 version shortly after the PC release but are holding off hoping to get some fans to purchase it twice.

2.0.1 landed with new loot system, new monster abilities, revamped paragon leveling system, and more...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12671560/patch-201-now-available-2-25-2014

I'll quote the "GENERAL" section here.  This is a pretty big patch, so check the source out.

GENERAL

Pools of Reflection have been added to the game

*Pools of Reflection provide a 25% bonus to experience

*This bonus persists until you reach a set amount of bonus experience (equal to approximately 10% of the current amount of Paragon experience needed to reach the next Paragon level) or your character dies

*Gathering additional Pools of Reflection bonuses increases the amount of total experience bonus a character can receive until character death, stacking up to 10 times

*This experience bonus persists on logout

Nephalem Glory has been added to the game
*Occasionally during battle, monsters will drop Power Globes when damaged or killed
*Power Globes grant the Nephalem Glory buff, which causes players to deal additional damage in the form of golden lightning bolts and increases their movement speed for a short time
*This buff can stack up to three times

New hero stats have been added to the game
*These include Toughness, Healing, Splash Damage, Cooldown Reduction, and Resource Cost Reduction
*Life Steal has been redesigned and is now less effective at higher character levels
**At level 60, Life Steal is reduced to 10% effectiveness

Players now have the ability to resurrect in multiple places when they die in Normal (non-Hardcore) games
*You may choose to either resurrect at your body, in town, or at the last checkpoint you encountered
*Players may not resurrect at their body during a Boss encounter
*Players may only resurrect at their body a maximum of three times in a row

Player hit boxes have been adjusted to more closely represent character models
*Both male and female models of the same class share the same size hit box

Followers now automatically level with characters

Quests now occasionally grant item rewards when completed during the leveling process

Gold can no longer be traded

Graphics engine has been updated to support reflections
*Reflections can be turned on in the Options > Video menu
 *Note: This setting is not recommended for players running minimum system specifications

Really wasn't expecting this patch so soon.  I thought it would coincide with the closure of the AH (3/18/14).

• Like 1

All these changes seem like very positive changes to the game (for the most part), but I think the thing that turned me off of Diablo III is the skill system....pretty much make one character of every class and you can run every build created for that character by simply changing the skills out....really kills the desire to experiment and re-play through the game (which is what I liked so much about D2 and what I like about Path of Exile).

Definitely a lot of changes.  My level 60 barb was defaulted to Tournament I difficulty.  It isn't that hard, but things are taking forever to kill.  I'm going to lower it to Master and play through at a faster rate.

All these changes seem like very positive changes to the game (for the most part), but I think the thing that turned me off of Diablo III is the skill system....pretty much make one character of every class and you can run every build created for that character by simply changing the skills out....really kills the desire to experiment and re-play through the game (which is what I liked so much about D2 and what I like about Path of Exile).

Definitely keeps the game from being highly replayable (not having a commitment based skill system).  I liked that about Torchlight 2 and PoE.  Diablo 3 has very tight gameplay, and every skill is useful in some way at the end level... I like that about it and feel that TL2 and PoE suffer gameplay wise because of their skill systems.  To each their own though...D3 definitely has a limited amount of gameplay hours in it, but it is still a massive amount (for me, anyway).

Playing around in the new build of the game and the new loot system is awesome. also you can level to 60 in just a few minutes its kinda sad now.

I picked this nice baby up today as my first legendary since the game launched.

post-120066-0-98717300-1393511381.png

Hmm....I'm not finding an Auction House button.  I wonder if they already took it off line.

the AH button was still on there last night it can only be found from the main menu of the game though, when you can select a character. its down next to the system button and contacts.

Playing around in the new build of the game and the new loot system is awesome. also you can level to 60 in just a few minutes its kinda sad now.

attachicon.gifOdyn Son.png

the AH button was still on there last night it can only be found from the main menu of the game though, when you can select a character. its down next to the system button and contacts.

Thanks, I see it now.  I think it was down when the servers first came back online so that is why I missed it.  Yay, none of my items sold...ok, that's all i need to know. lol.

How is it that you are leveling up to 60 in just a few minutes?  I played a new HC Monk character last night and only made it to level 10 in an hour.

I see the exploit videos now.  Yeah, that is sad, but it is obviously not what was intended.  I suspect there will be hotfixes to prevent "power leveling" like this soon...

I'm redownloading the game to check it out. I wonder if Blizzard will delete the characters that powered through those levels in minutes.

Nice! My first legendary since this update

ftAlSRR.jpg

Gutted this update won't come to consoles (I know they have some of it).

Waiting for the PS4 release date now... I really hope its summer at the latest.

I'm redownloading the game to check it out. I wonder if Blizzard will delete the characters that powered through those levels in minutes.

I boubt it, usually they only remove stuff like that if it is game breaking. I do not see any harm in this as now they will be over levelled and not get armor fitting their level for a while. 

Gutted this update won't come to consoles (I know they have some of it).

Waiting for the PS4 release date now... I really hope its summer at the latest.

This intermediate update wont be coming to consoles but Reaper of Souls is coming to consoles which includes the content of this update. I see what you mean though. If you want the changes that all the PC players get you have to buy something.

I boubt it, usually they only remove stuff like that if it is game breaking. I do not see any harm in this as now they will be over levelled and not get armor fitting their level for a while. 

This intermediate update wont be coming to consoles but Reaper of Souls is coming to consoles which includes the content of this update. I see what you mean though. If you want the changes that all the PC players get you have to buy something.

I'm more than happy to buy the PS4 version as I can transfer my PS3 characters. Even if the expansion was coming to the PS3, I'd be getting the PS4 copy anyway for more magical graphical sparkles!  :fun:

Here is my hardcore 60 Wizard: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nickerbocker-1619/hero/35630324

I'm at the edge of Torment I.  Taking it easy and trying hard not to die before the expansion.  I've been farming the first few areas of Act I up to the first part of "Shattered Crown".  At that point the elites get hard enough for me to be concerned and I wuss out and start over.  (One pack of elites is manageable, but there is always the chance of hitting 2 at once...)

Really been enjoying the patch, though!  Overall I really like all of the changes.  The only thing that kinda irks me is that playing at 60 right now feels like you are not at the top level...

Also, I agree with some people's assessments that Diablo 3 is a game "full of mulligans."  I think that is the reason why I only like to play on hardcore mode.  Death sucks, but at least I have enough Blacksmith plans to reforge most of my gear for a level 60 newling.  That, and you don't lose your paragon levels.

Folks playing the ROS beta are now free to talk about it (NDA lifted).  Looks like Torment I on level 70 is a very similar "gear wall" for hardcore players as Infernal initially was before the patches and nerfing.  So that should be a challenge to look forward to.