Fresh Meat (UK Series)

• 1 month later...
Fresh Meat has been picked up for a third series, according to star Jack Whitehall.

The actor and comic - who plays posh buffoon JP - told Shortlist that the Channel 4 university comedy will return.

"We've just had a third series commissioned, so that's great," said Whitehall. "I don't know how many [episodes] they plan to do, but I love doing it."

However, Whitehall also voiced his dissatisfaction with Fresh Meat's time-slot on Tuesday nights at 10pm.

"I just wish it had a better slot," he admitted. "Students will find it, but it would be nice if it got more of an audience who don't know about it, and I'm not sure it will get that on Tuesday night after Jewish Mum of the Year."

Penned by Peep Show writers Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain, Fresh Meat follows six students who live in a shared house in Manchester.

The second eight-part series started airing on October 9 on Channel 4 and is set to conclude this Tuesday (November 27).

Source

Good news. This show is getting better and better.

I agree about the timeslot. Then again Channel 4 seem to be putting things in weird timeslots. New series of Peep Show is on a sunday! I believe they did this with Friday Night Dinner too.

Good news. This show is getting better and better.

I agree about the timeslot. Then again Channel 4 seem to be putting things in weird timeslots. New series of Peep Show is on a sunday! I believe they did this with Friday Night Dinner too.

I agree, 8 out of 10 Cats shouldn't be on Mondays

A friend I know was in the last episode as an extra, she was the stage announcer giving notice to Kingsley/Oregon before starting their gig (Y)

• Like 3

A friend I know was in the last episode as an extra, she was the stage announcer giving notice to Kingsley/Oregon before starting their gig (Y)

that's awesome! (Y)

• 5 months later...
Channel 4 has announced that a third series of Fresh Meat has begun filming.

Cast members Jack Whitehall, Joe Thomas, Charlotte Ritchie, Greg McHugh, Zawe Ashton and Kimberley Nixon will all return for the new episodes.

Series 3 will air on Channel 4 this autumn.

From the creators of Peep Show, the comedy-drama launched in 2011 and follows a group of six students embarking on the most exciting period of their lives so far - university.

• 5 months later...

Awesome (Y)

^ I second that sentiment :D

I can't remember how we left it last time, Jodie was getting kicked out wasn't she? I hope we don't loose her.

^ I second that sentiment :D

I can't remember how we left it last time, Jodie was getting kicked out wasn't she? I hope we don't loose her.

No nor me she is certainly a cutie :rofl:

Fresh Meat Series 3 starts Monday 4th November. Can't wait that long? You'll be able to watch it a whole week earlier from Monday 10pm on 4oD.

For some reason you have to actually watch this on the 4oD website. The Xbox 4oD app tells me the content is unavailable, the Android app shows the content however refuses to play it and it appears the XBMC 4oD plugin no longer works.

Oh well I watched it on my PC in the end and enjoyed it, some very funny moments! I never expected to see another series of Fresh Meat :)

• 1 month later...