Thinking of buying Canon EOS 7D - need advice!

Which specific Sigma lens are you looking at again? In this range they have a new 18-50/2.8 OS HSM which is supposed to be good.

Which specific Sigma lens are you looking at again? In this range they have a new 18-50/2.8 OS HSM which is supposed to be good.

It was the sigma 24-70mm f/2.4 and I got it wrong it was Zhivago who made that suggestion and that thing looks sweet (Y)

My guess is that it actually is a 24-70/2.8, however that lens is more suitable for Full-Frame cameras, for APS-C I'd get a 17-50/2.8 (or similar range) instead.

Right on! Well that settles it i will be buying the body alone along with the 18-135 and one of the others you recommended in a previous post (the canon 50mm f/1.8 II I think it was)

Out of those two lenses will I be getting good performance in low light conditions or will another more specific lens be required?

yeap, 50mm f/1.8 II will give you the best bang for the buck when it comes to low light. It's a legendary lens :) It produces a nice bokeh too for what its worth.

18-135 is a very good value, general purpose lens. It's equipped with the image stabilizer too. The only thing to keep in mind is that this lens will only work on cropped sensor bodies cause it's EF-S series lens. Since you are on a budget and I presume you won't get a full frame in the near future, it should work out just fine for you especially for shooting DSLR video. If this is too big of a risk, however, then there's also 28-135 which is about 100 bucks more expensive.

Speaking of Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, it's a very nice all-purpose lens too which is faster than 18-135, and, hence, it'll be better for low-light performance, but it also costs twice as much :/ I used to own one before my gear got stolen :(

My guess is that it actually is a 24-70/2.8, however that lens is more suitable for Full-Frame cameras, for APS-C I'd get a 17-50/2.8 (or similar range) instead.

Thanks ill look into that!

yeap, 50mm f/1.8 II will give you the best bang for the buck when it comes to low light. It's a legendary lens :) It produces a nice bokeh too for what its worth.

18-135 is a very good value, general purpose lens. It's equipped with the image stabilizer too. The only thing to keep in mind is that this lens will only work on cropped sensor bodies cause it's EF-S series lens. Since you are on a budget and I presume you won't get a full frame in the near future, it should work out just fine for you especially for shooting DSLR video. If this is too big of a risk, however, then there's also 28-135 which is about 100 bucks more expensive.

Speaking of Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, it's a very nice all-purpose lens too which is faster than 18-135, and, hence, it'll be better for low-light performance, but it also costs twice as much :/ I used to own one before my gear got stolen :(

Well the lens prices will not really matter at some point because they will pay for themselves (when I start doing some freelance video work etc) but I just wanted to make sure I had the right kit to start with and you guys here have been extremely helpful in getting me started right so for that I thank all of you :) I will be getting the camera very shortly and I would love to pick the brains of you Neowinians here on useful tips and tricks if that would not be too much.

And it really sucks and im sorry to hear that you had your stuff stolen I mean that was and still is something for me to consider when I decide to invest so much money on this type of equipment.

Have you considered getting UV filters, a polarizer, or a tripod? Or maybe, a remote shutter release or studio light?

There are so many tools you can get for certain tasks :) In photography, there's always something to spend cash on, haha :D

...macro DSLR video ...yammi

Have you considered getting UV filters, a polarizer, or a tripod? Or maybe, a remote shutter release or studio light?

There are so many tools you can get for certain tasks :) In photography, there's always something to spend cash on, haha :D

...macro DSLR video ...yammi

I am looking to get a tripod for sure but the UV filters and a polarizer will have to wait till I get a better understanding of the camera and how those can help me because as it stands I don't know what they do or their practical applications.

Can you recommend me a good quality tested, durable tripod that will be compatible with the 60D?