• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

UPGRADE DAY!

Brian Miller    1,661

Where is the GO TO TOP link that appeared on each message?

Tjcool007    10
Speaking of which have you thought of making the posts a light shade of grey instead of white so it doesnt burn your eyes with all the white space?

Looks like a good idea to me.

If people don't like the current style, the can look into the Firefox/Chrome add-on called Stylish. It wallows you to add your own custom CSS to any website.

For example: to make the background black:

CustomBack.png

Hope it helps someone.

Double post - Sorry for the typos, editing doesn't work here ...

Minifig    40

I think my favorite thing about the new version is the fact it's left aligned in Firefox 6..

/Sarcasm.. of course..

But, that's my only complaint with it as I know the other issues will be addressed. I'm kinda in favor of it.. though I will openly admit, I do miss Atlas.

Xoligy    78

I looked at my computer thinking neowin had upgraded it for me but nope they were just on about their website :cry: lol

Not bad i guess, seems abit plain imo might see if you have the old one going still when i get chance, as for people not wanting the avatars im sure you can download a small third part application for your browser to block them or even an application like admuncher (which i use) wouldnt be hard to tell it to not load avatars. Cause you would have to pay $19.95 for basic which is all you really need and thats for a year totally wort it imo specially if you use streaming websites that are full of popups.

bmdixon    6

I looked at my computer thinking neowin had upgraded it for me but nope they were just on about their website :cry: lol

Not bad i guess, seems abit plain imo might see if you have the old one going still when i get chance, as for people not wanting the avatars im sure you can download a small third part application for your browser to block them or even an application like admuncher (which i use) wouldnt be hard to tell it to not load avatars. Cause you would have to pay $19.95 for basic which is all you really need and thats for a year totally wort it imo specially if you use streaming websites that are full of popups.

or use stylish and add:

li.avatar, div.signature {
display: none !important;
}
[/CODE]

Sir Topham Hatt    353

I'm not crazy about it, but I guess I'll get used to it.

SizzleBang360    4

Argh too bright, it burns! *Hiss*

TheLegendOfMart    1,558

Oo the font carries over from main page now, good stuff.

Quillz    1,011

I was able to upload a profile pic earlier, now I can't. Probably just a minor server bug at the moment, though.

SizzleBang360    4

Not sure if it's a bug or not but when you hover over the Forum link while in the forum it doesn't show any of the recent posts.

Digitalx    17

Just adding that forum mobile view doesn't appear properly on 480x800 on Samsung galaxy s 2 default browser, seemed to be designed for iphones display cause still has horizontal scrolling and also viewing a thread in mobile lacks a jump to last page.

marklcfc    0

We're taking everything on board and there will be a few changes :)

I mentioned a while ago but you should have made your own forum, it was my only hope of a better forum software than IPB 3.1. :no:

TheLegendOfMart    1,558

I mentioned a while ago but you should have made your own forum, it was my only hope of a better forum software than IPB 3.1. :no:

They dont have many full time coders, do you realise how much time and money it would take to build their own forum software?

FloatingFatMan    20,950

Go read back a few pages then with the melodrama "omg this sucks if it aint broke dont fix it blah blah blah"

The only one "whining" here, is you. I'd rather report the clear problems in the hope of them being fixed than live in LaLa Land where everything is nice and shiney and never ever ever goes wrong.

2 days ago the forums worked perfectly. Avatars were correct, editing worked, threads remembered you'd read them and took you to the last read post. Now they're broken. Reality isn't going to change just because you don't like people pointing it out.

TheGhostWalker    36

I love it, nice done neowin dev team ^^

edit: avatars missing?

freak180    551

If there's one thing that annoys the heck out of me its the name title location! Please center it. It looks very out of place when its on the left side.

Quick Shot    44

I'm digging this new look! :punk:

TruckWEB    480

I don't like it, too much white and wasted space. Not the best upgrade.

yowanvista    103

Why is the new mobile skin so ugly?

He's Dead Jim    2,017

My new avatar is ugly too :)

Skyfrog    814

Honestly I don't much care for it. It's sooo slow. I don't mean just the server but the pages themselves are terribly sluggish.

Sorry but for something so barren looking it's a bloated mess. Looks like my avatar is gone too and I don't think I had a backup. :(

FMH    717

Has the update been completed? I'm still having issues. My profile comments are gone. My friend's list is empty. It says FMH has yet to add any friends.

Steven P.    16,897

Has the update been completed? I'm still having issues. My profile comments are gone. My friend's list is empty. It says FMH has yet to add any friends.

Ugh, Same here, no friends or profile comments. I guess that's to do with IPB though because rep points are still there.

For everyone else moaning:

TOPIC MARKING WAS TURNED ON THIS MORNING AND IT WORKS, IT NOW REMEMBERS YOUR UNREAD/THREADS!

many others have confirmed it working, the editor issues are just a case of getting used to the new one (just like from 2 > 3.1)

crazzyyfool    29

Why is everything in Times?

jakem1    1,610

Why is everything in Times?

It's not for me. Maybe you got Mephistopheles's copy of Neowin :laugh: