• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

UPGRADE DAY!

Roger H.    780
Ugh, Same here, no friends or profile comments. I guess that's to do with IPB though because rep points are still there. For everyone else moaning: TOPIC MARKING WAS TURNED ON THIS MORNING AND IT WORKS, IT NOW REMEMBERS YOUR UNREAD/THREADS! many others have confirmed it working, the editor issues are just a case of getting used to the new one (just like from 2 > 3.1)

Sweet - was getting testy with topics not being marked.

Why is everything in Times?

The fonts should carry over from the front page so whatever you set it to there ......

Oh and another note - i've always thought my laptop LCD was crappy but now using it on my work, I can't see the shading between items in the Spy (dark/light alternating). My laptop shows them fine but my 19" Dell LCD i have to tilt up or look at the screen from a lower angle to see the shading. Yikes :ermm:

Steven P.    16,901

Oh and another note - i've always thought my laptop LCD was crappy but now using it on my work, I can't see the shading between items in the Spy (dark/light alternating). My laptop shows them fine but my 19" Dell LCD i have to tilt up or look at the screen from a lower angle to see the shading. Yikes :ermm:

lol shading was turned off mate ;)

crazzyyfool    29

Front Page - Calibri

357099667.png

Forums - Times

689983807.png

Using Chrome 14 for Mac

895981772.png

joker999    50

Nice but its tooooo bright to me. Very style :)

Steven P.    16,901

snip

I was able to change my background to the one you have (was on Default) and Tahoma (was using Calibri) and it showed in the forums correctly.

You sure you're not using stylish or anything?

Lexcyn    88

Having issues with emoticons as well as avatars still appearing stretched or not appearing at all.

Also, site is still pretty slow ...

Otherwise though I am liking the theme.

crazzyyfool    29

I was able to change my background to the one you have (was on Default) and Tahoma (was using Calibri) and it showed in the forums correctly.

You sure you're not using stylish or anything?

Every other font works when carried over from the FP to the Forums. Calibri seems to default to Times for some reason. :/

Phil    0

Really loving the new look, load times have slowed to a crawl for me though.

HawkMan    5,232

Yeah, the low contrast look they've gone for only works on good to great monitors, on older laptop monitors, everything looks the shame shade of white nles yu til the scree or ruin the pcture even more with stuff like nvidia vibrance and crap like that.

Basically unles you have a decently high quality screen the site is near unusable. Even on a quality screen like my iPad or home computer, it would be better with some actual contras in the design.

Also, at least the iPad when you hit the quote button(not multi quote) under a pst it does jump down to the bottom of the page/the editor.

jakem1    1,610

Yeah, the low contrast look they've gone for only works on good to great monitors, on older laptop monitors, everything looks the shame shade of white nles yu til the scree or ruin the pcture even more with stuff like nvidia vibrance and crap like that.

Basically unles you have a decently high quality screen the site is near unusable. Even on a quality screen like my iPad or home computer, it would be better with some actual contras in the design.

Also, at least the iPad when you hit the quote button(not multi quote) under a pst it does jump down to the bottom of the page/the editor.

+1

Volatile    13

I love the new look, clean! I have not noticed a slowdown per-say, but have not fully navigated through the forums.

It won't let me edit my post! @#!

wtf!, my reply to topic did the actual "editing"

luisjs    0

I actually like this new look. I would only suggest a bigger spacing between postdate - post text - signature though (basically giving the "post entry-content" divs a bigger top and bottom padding)... but that's probably just me.

Keep it up! :D

YounGMessiah    38

I'm using the latest version of Chrome and it still happens. Try scrolling on a laptop trackpad/touchpad or a mouse scroll wheel. Lags. Try using the bar on the right of the page, smooth.

I have used a touchpad on three different machines and hasn't to me.

Dashel    542

This thread has been open for almost 2 weeks: http://www.neowin.ne...owin-on-ipb-32/

All members had a chance to test it and say what they liked and disliked. We can't fix things that people don't complain about

Really, a whole two weeks? Least you didn't rush it. Sorry, but your 'test' group didn't realize that not only does the new IPB look like ass and remove features? Someone gave it the thumbs up to take live when its obviously was NOT ready (failure of management). I know unprofessional is the tag here but after ten years I'd figure you would be less literal. Its bloody horrible.

Kirkburn    172

Personally, I think you guys have done a good job :) Sure, the avatar going missing was annoying - but it was the work of 30 seconds to replace it.

Volatile    13

Things are noticeably slow now and there are some broken items (I AM on Chrome 15 beta however). I still like the change alot, you won't please everyone.

Roger H.    780

Really, a whole two weeks? Least you didn't rush it. Sorry, but your 'test' group didn't realize that not only does the new IPB look like ass and remove features? Someone gave it the thumbs up to take live when its obviously was NOT ready (failure of management). I know unprofessional is the tag here but after ten years I'd figure you would be less literal. Its bloody horrible.

That was publically available for 2 weeks to members, before that was for subscribers and since April or so was Staff. So it's not just a 2 week thing. They did testing on it and even if everything is perfect, it wasn't an active server so stuff had to be moved to the production server. During Installs you know things can go wrong. Hell i've installed Windows 7 on this very same laptop (test system) probably 50 times and sometimes using the same USB stick stuff just doesn't work and i format and install again and it works fine the 2nd time.

Point is, things happens.

• Like 1

Hum    6,934

Oh goody -- more ads.

FMH    717

I have got my friends back! Yippee! :woot:

But number of post is incorrect. I recently crossed the 3000 figure, and had around 7 posts a day.

But it is showing that I only did 1300 posts and around 3 posts per day.

And emoticons are having problems. Can't see most of them, and none at all in the comments.

Brandon H    3,872

I have got my friends back! Yippee! :woot:

But number of post is incorrect. I recently crossed the 3000 figure, and had around 7 posts a day.

But it is showing that I only did 1300 posts and around 3 posts per day.

And emoticons are having problems. Can't see most of them, and none at all in the comments.

weird, i looked at your post and your little side info shows 3.026 posts but then i go to your profile and it shows exactly what you said

wondering, i go look at my profile and everything is correct on mine O.o

very weird

DirtyLarry    2,097

Yep, +2. at work, the site does not look that good at all because I have a crap monitor. Definitely needs some more contrast, and it would not hurt when on a good monitor regardless. I am all for subtle, but when it is near impossible to see, well changes need to made accordingly.

Back when I did a whole lot of graphic design, I actually had learned this on my own. I had a nice Apple Cinema Display, so everything looked great, could see every subtle detail, etc. I actually went out and purchased a cheap monitor specifically for viewing the designs I was doing on the worse possible monitor possible because I had way to many clients saying they could not see details, etc. I then started designing on it. 95% of the time, if it looked good on the bad monitor, it looked great on the Apple Cinema display. my point in sharing this long story, is things can look drastically different when it comes to web design. Unfortunately, subtle does not work most of the time as it simply is not going to work for everyone viewing it.

• Like 1

funkydude    83

Might aswell use this topic. Does no one ever open the error console? Comment on the front page has been broken for a while now.

HTML1412: Malformed comment. Comments should start with "<!-- ".

www.neowin.net, line 12 character 4

Can't seem to "apply" this edit to my post, probably because the forums are lagging like crazy.

Also:

HTML1402: Character reference is missing an ending semicolon ";".

www.neowin.net, line 135 character 100

HTML1423: Malformed start tag. Attributes should be separated by whitespace.

www.neowin.net, line 1252 character 92

HTML1409: Invalid attribute name character. Attribute names should not contain ("),('),(<), or (=).

www.neowin.net, line 1252 character 110

SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.

www.neowin.net

Allan    33

TWO things I've come across.

1 - while surfing, I clicked the "Mozilla Ships Fx 7.0, I.E. team sends a cupcake" thread, and it was blank. Totally blank, just the title.

2 - I like to go back and view stuff I've posted, and check of there were replies etc etc. When I click "My Content" it gives me a stupid order of stuff, and not what I want, in the old board, I'd click a drop down, and it would have an option to ... something else (I can't remember the name) that would put it in descending order of MY LAST posts... in this version, I can't do that... so I can't reply back to someone who's said something to me.

Oh goody -- more ads.

Firefox + adblock plus.

Quillz    1,011

Honestly I don't much care for it. It's sooo slow. I don't mean just the server but the pages themselves are terribly sluggish.

Sorry but for something so barren looking it's a bloated mess. Looks like my avatar is gone too and I don't think I had a backup. :(

I've been trying to upload my Avatar for a while now. Seems the upload function is currently broken and/or just not working.

ViperAFK    797

The new skin is really sexy