• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

UPGRADE DAY!

Suren    16

How do I disable Avatars & Signatures so that they do not show? I had set them to not show but now I can't find the settings.

NoLiMiT06    69

Everything is painfully slow, reminds me of good ol' 56k :p I hope you guys really get the kinks ironed out soon.... I've been lost with out the forum :D

Guest xiphi   

Lookin' good so far. Seems to be a little slow and some glitches, but nothing too bad.

SionicIon    76

Sigh, I cannot wait until Ignition and everything powers up the forums instead of this crap IPB system...why does every upgrade have to be complete misery... I'm not a fan of Pegasus, but it's easy to get used to. I'm hoping the next skin brings back more functionality...I do like it...it's just so different. Keep up the good work. :)?

Allan    33

I'm liking the new look - not liking the speed, and the lack of communication about it. From 8am yesterday, till around 9pm, all people got was a disk-drive error, and on facebook, not a word was spoken about the upgrade.

• Like 1

caerma    6

Congrats, the board looks great.

SMELTN    142

Like others have said.. Site is horribly slow at the moment and I am hating the look. Also everyones avatars look horrible. So stretched and pixelated.

I am sure everything will be fixed with time.. thanks for all the hard work though guys.

Allan    33

Exec. Time: 128.0488 Load: 0.58 Queries: 17 queries Gzip: GZIP Disabled

128 seconds or over 2 minutes to load this topic!! EGADS!

SMELTN    142

Like others have said.. Site is horribly slow at the moment and I am hating the look. Also everyones avatars look horrible. So stretched and pixelated.

I am sure everything will be fixed with time.. thanks for all the hard work though guys.

philg_124    0

More than likely the server is being hit hard because all the new images, scripts, etc are new and therefore have to be retrieved fresh instead of from your local cache.

IPB IMHO is the best forum software so it'll be all good.

SkyDX    49

Well so far I'm liking it, though the speed is really really slow :pinch:

philg_124    0

More than likely the server is being hit hard because all the new images, scripts, etc are new and therefore have to be retrieved fresh instead of from your local cache.

IPB IMHO is the best forum software so it'll be all good.

Barney T.    2,329

Ahhh... I know that it's painful (for all of us) but rest assured that the bugs will get worked out as soon as our crack admins and devs get to the root of the issues. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Vykranth    527

I like the new display and overall look but the site is VERY slow ...

tsupersonic    1,816

The font size is way too big...other than that, the upgrade is alright, you know minus the huge slowness issue.

ViperAFK    797

Pretty unusable for me right now. Quote and quick reply don't seem to work at all (firefox)

rajputwarrior    280

i like. other then the speed issues of course.

• Like 1

Teebor    182

I'm not saying the site is slow now but, YAY I have finally got to comment in a topic for the first time today

I thought it was our proxy server but its not :(

DaveLegg    1,000

Pretty unusable for me right now. Quote and quick reply don't seem to work at all (firefox)

There were a bunch of JS files missing, I've just re-added them, so the editor should be working properly again now :)

cyrl    8

Love it!!! But would be great if an indicator was added to show if the person is online or not in the thread view. I think it was removed by IPB would be great if Neowin can add it. So far so good loving the new theme and everything!! :)

• Like 1

Xtreme $niper    51

Everyone's avatar seems to be either completely gone or extremely pixelated.

Geoffrey B.    1,415

Love it!!! But would be great if an indicator was added to show if the person is online or not in the thread view. I think it was removed by IPB would be great if Neowin can add it. So far so good loving the new theme and everything!!

In the beta there was one i am sure this is just something that has not come across yet as things are not settled. yet.

SkyDX    49

Whoo the speed seems to be fixed, good job! :D

SMELTN    142

yeap speed is definitely better.

SkyDX    49

Aaand I "fixed" my avatar, for some reason it uses the profile photo now :s But a few smiles seem missing^^;