Looking for point and shoot for night

MR_Candyman

I have been tasked at my company to try to find the best camera for our needs. We provide security at a college. We will need a small, easy to use point and shoot that takes good night shots. I mean with the flash and not necessarily without. We take a lot of pictures of damage to property at night so most of it is only a few feet away.

I do know a separate flash would be ideal, but that will not be an option. Any suggestions?

greenwizard88

I have a Canon SD780 (760?). It work and is small. I would think just about any camera would suit your needs though.

Glassed Silver

The Canon Powershot SX230 HS is an awesome piece of gear, quite good for night stuff, too!

It has a manual mode, too, among GPS and a solid flash.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed and it's a good value but at stellar quality for a reasonable price.

My fianc? has it and both of us adore it. :)

Glassed Silver:mac

techbeck

The Canon Powershot SX230 HS is an awesome piece of gear, quite good for night stuff, too!

It has a manual mode, too, among GPS and a solid flash.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed and it's a good value but at stellar quality for a reasonable price.

My fiancé has it and both of us adore it. :)

Glassed Silver:mac

Camera I have. I posted pics I took with it a few threads down.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now