Every BMW M car - Which is your favorite?

Now this I like! BMW's M cars in pics. Every M car is showcased from the 3.0 CSL all the way to the new F10 2012 M5.

Do you guys have a favorite M car? I know I do: The E30 M3 and E39 M5 are my favorite track and manual sports saloon cars. The new M5 does look insanely good and fast though :D

M3 E36/E46/E90

M6 E63

But my all time favorite BMW (not M) is the BMW 8 series.

M3 E36/E46/E90

M6 E63

But my all time favorite BMW (not M) is the BMW 8 series.

The 1 Series M Coupe. Not really for looks, but it actually seems like a modern M car that I'd actually enjoy driving. After driving cars like the RX-8 R3 on track, even the E92 feels big, heavy and slow to react. I get that the older M cars aren't like this, but man, the 1 Series looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

I like the E39 M5, and the E36 M3. I find the design really appealing, though I'm not as big a fan of the facelifted E36. I think the front lights on the facelifted model made it look slightly less appealing, for some reason. Given the choice of the two, I'd probably go for the E39. It's a great looking car, and probably my favorite BMW.

My father had a BMW M3 (E30) and I had until recently a BMW M3 (E46)...

Other than those 2 I love the current M3 (E92) - the coupé - and the 1M.

I have a test drive "scheduled" to test the new M5 (F10) as soon as it's available on my local BMW dealer... I'll see if I had one to my list :D

The 3.0 CSL without a doubt. Then probably the E30 M3.

The late 1970s M1 - the love-child of the Lambo Countach and the BMW 1974 M5, and one of the few gull-wing designs to escape the Black Forest alive (the other was, naturally, the Mercedes C111). It was what the Bricklin (and the DeLorean) *aspired* to be. Too bad that the Arab oil shock killed any chance of the M1 reaching series production anywhere.

It's number three of the nineteen pictures in the article.

The late 1970s M1 - the love-child of the Lambo Countach and the BMW 1974 M5, and one of the few gull-wing designs to escape the Black Forest alive (the other was, naturally, the Mercedes C111). It was what the Bricklin (and the DeLorean) *aspired* to be. Too bad that the Arab oil shock killed any chance of the M1 reaching series production anywhere.

It's number three of the nineteen pictures in the article.

Second-place goes to the various M5 four-doors (saloons). Saloons in general are not thought of as being particularly dangerous - especially the larger ones of the 5-series and larger from the Bavarian Motor Works. (And that is despite the autobahn-shredder that was the 535CSi.) The M5 made you rethink that. Like most M-massaged models, it only came with a manual transmission (a decided oddity for a saloon), and carried itself as more of a *street sleeper* in the North American tradition - however, it was not even the most well-known of the armed-and-dangerous saloons from east of the Atlantic; that *honor* went to the far-rarer Maserati Quattroporte (4Porte) - while the name described the four valves per cylinder, it was also a saloon - decidedly an odd duck for Maserati.

However, I've liked the M5 because, in addition to it being far less obvious than the M3 of the same year, the M5 is not as pricey (the spread between the M5 and other 5-series is less than that between the 3-series yearmates and the M3 of that year).

That's a horrible picture to represent the 850, the paint totally kills the look of the car.

That said, the M8/850 is one of my all time favorite cars. I drove one a few years back while I was car shopping and fell in love, but I needed a more practical car. Someday though.....

I've also got a soft spot for the E39, love the look inside and out.

The new 1M definitely looks like an amazing track car. Every review is positive, and a number of test drivers say how it reminds them of the first E30 M3 because of its size and balance compared to the current M3.