Upgraded from GTX 260 Core 216 to GTX 560 - Benchmarks!

I agree, the GTX 560 non Ti is a superclocked version of a GTX 460 and the GTX 560 Ti is only about $20 USD more (for me it was)

It was ?50 more for me, so I couldn't justify it.

Interesting. I am going to pick up a GTX 570 to replace my 260 216 soon (awaiting a steal deal since holiday sale season is among us).

Everyone is noting major gains so I'm curious to see what I'll notice. As currently, the only game that makes my system sweat is Metro 2033 @ 1920x1200.

You should overclock your CPU for more performance. And once the GeForce 600 series is released, throw in another GTX 560. Two of them should handle Battlefield 3 nicely. (Y)

Well the 590 costs a small fortune, the 600 series will probably reach 900 to 1000 USD.

I jumped from the GTX 260 to a 550 Ti just last week. I'd have rather gone to the 560, but couldn't afford it right now. And, the 550 is actually handling BF3 fairly well on high settings, so i'm satisfied for now, specially considering the price difference. (Y)

I jumped from the GTX 260 to a 550 Ti just last week. I'd have rather gone to the 560, but couldn't afford it right now. And, the 550 is actually handling BF3 fairly well on high settings, so i'm satisfied for now, specially considering the price difference. (Y)

Why would you get a graphics card that is a step down or essentially the same? Sure there's DX11, lower heat, but for the money, might as well make it worth the upgrade.

Why would you get a graphics card that is a step down or essentially the same? Sure there's DX11, lower heat, but for the money, might as well make it worth the upgrade.

I know it's not much of an improvement. But for the price, it's enough. The difference is that with the 260, I had to play on medium settings and it looked bad. With the 550Ti, i play on high and it looks much better. Like I said, i can't afford the card that i really want right now, so this just gets me playing the game until prices drop a little and i can save enough to get a 560 or even better, the 570.