VMware Fusion 4.0.2

I've found 4.x has worked quite well for me so far. It plays well with the Win8 DP (compared to the latest version of Parallels). I did notice, though, that VMware Tools 4.x don't seem to work on any Windows VM older than XP. I don't remember this being an issue at all with 3.x.

don't talk **** about vmware

Fangirl much?

FWIW, I can't say I have issues with Fusion 4. It's a major step up from VirtualBox imho.

Fangirl much?

FWIW, I can't say I have issues with Fusion 4. It's a major step up from VirtualBox imho.

VMWare has improved so much lately. ;-)

[

No remote VM feature?

They've had four versions to bring this up to parity with Workstation and it doesn't even feature remote access to shared VM's from ESXi or Workstation 8. Disappointing.

You could hack around it by enabling VNC support in your vmx config files. That may work.

Please register on VMWare's community and request that. Good luck.

You could hack around it by enabling VNC support in your vmx config files. That may work.

Please register on VMWare's community and request that. Good luck.

That isn't the kind of remote feature I'm talking about. I'm talking about proper remote where you can create a VM from your Mac that is hosted on a remote server, turn VM's on and off remotely, change configuration of remote VM's, add virtual devices to remote VM's. These are all features that the Workstation 8 product has but that Fusion lacks.

I'm sticking with version 3 until at least the end of the year (before the price of 4 goes up) to see if the bugs people are reporting will actually get fixed. I'm also not expecting a performance increase for my kind of work on the new version so the usefulness of upgrading is almost nothing.