Seath is such a pain in the ass. Especially because I really want to cut his tail off haha. Lost a fair whack of souls on him.

Sweet, finally beat it last night. Now on NG+ with my pyro. Took 27 hours of playthrough, but I killed all the mini and sub bosses as well as the big ones :) Loving the power of the pryo. Even in NG+, Im powerful.

Yeah. Beat Anor Londo bosses again in my first try Audio. :laugh: This time my soul level was less than my first playthrough but got help of two other players and my pyro is +15. That helps a lot.

Use a Tin Crystal Catalyst, the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring that increases the power of soreceries and Crystal Homing Soulmass. It's makes pyro look like a toddler.

I love this game. I beat it four times already. I started as a knight but now all my stats are roughly even (between 30 and 50).

A couple of non-technical critiques:

The AI is stupid. Unbelievably stupid. They'll walk right off edges. They'll jump attack you without considering whether or not they have something to land on. They'll stand there and let you shoot them to death with arrows (depends on your distance). Several bosses can be killed by getting them to fall suicide (Ceaseless Discharge, Ash Lake Hydra, Iron Golem, and Taurus Demon) and two bosses are complete non-threats (Gaping Dragon and Seathe).

A lot of covenants are redundant. Join covenant. Invade people to get some item. They should of had either had equipment restrictions or some side-quests. For example, maybe joining the Dragon Covenant would restrict you to dragon weapons and being in dragon form.

A lot of weapons are a complete waste of time to upgrade. They could have done a better job making weapons within the same class be competitive with each other. If an upgraded unique weapon is going to be weaker on average than a upgraded common weapon then it should at least have some sort of bonus like stamina regeneration, bleeding, poison, or a special attack.

New Game+ should have more enemies. Making them stronger isn't really cutting it for me.

Trying to get enemies to drop Titanite Slab (regular, blue and red) is almost impossible. I think I'm better off starting a NG+.

Trying to get enemies to drop Titanite Slab (regular, blue and red) is almost impossible. I think I'm better off starting a NG+.

Titanite Slab has a rare drop from Wraithknights in New Londo Ruins. Blue can drop from Crystal Butterflies in Crystal Caves. Red can drop from Chaos Eaters in Lost Izalith.

I've been playing as human majority of my game and have yet to have any MP encounters. Is that pretty much the only reason to be non-hollowed? I'm also not really grasping my pyro character but I'm ignorant :laugh: How do I start using the fireball? I could have sworn I had it in the early stage but now (still at the Burg) it's not working?

I have to admit, I'm being really limited on my DS play time right now for two reasons. One, there is no pause and I have a 2 1/2 year old. Doesn't jive. And I can't seem to pull away from FO3. I do love DS though, I will be playing this game for a long, long time (I've read numerous threads of DS complaints on other sites but its been way enjoyable for me even though I'm still early on).

Titanite Slab has a rare drop from Wraithknights in New Londo Ruins. Blue can drop from Crystal Butterflies in Crystal Caves. Red can drop from Chaos Eaters in Lost Izalith.

I've been trying those but they don't drop them. With the ring and 30 humanities. Also trying to get the Ghost Dagger from the only two female ghost in the game and no luck. :/

I've been trying those but they don't drop them. With the ring and 30 humanities. Also trying to get the Ghost Dagger from the only two female ghost in the game and no luck. :/

I've had one drop for me in about 5 runs. Guess I was lucky! So I can confirm they will drop, eventually... Only got 2 chunks, so even those take ages to drop.

Also, Lost lzalith can suck my nut sack.

Have a go.

Die.

Pass to next player.

GET THE SOULS!!

What a slog this game is but I must admit it is beautiful and definitely addictive despite the feeling of slowly grinding your face up against a brick wall.

I've had one drop for me in about 5 runs. Guess I was lucky! So I can confirm they will drop, eventually... Only got 2 chunks, so even those take ages to drop.

LOL, Lost Izalith is the part of the game where you realize, " I want to live in Blighttown, just as long as I never have to step foot into LI again!." Even with my over powered Pyro, LI was a pain.

I've hit a low point in the game. I'm stuck on PVP. I'm on NG+ with my pryo, and I just teleport to the Andor Londo town, run to the massive cathedral hallway, and just set down a cracked red crystal and have at it. It is extremely fun and very annoying. Fun because it doesn't take long to get someone to invade, but annoying because it can become quickly unbalanced as I will be fighting 1 guy, only to have 2 others invade me and then I'm battling 3 guys who I will eventually die to 1 of them lol. I would fancy it a lot more if there was some sort of communication to be had with those I was PVPing. I have fought some of the same people over and over, and head a real good time. I wish there was a easier way to make a community out of such experiences with Dark Souls.

Chucks are easy to get in Kiln. Slab are a pain. I started NG+ so I'll get the ones I need to finish my weapon upgrades. Almost platinum just 2 miracles, 3 weapon upgrades and rare weapons trophy but that last one is going to take a while.

Yeah Lost Izalith sucks. I hate those half dragon things (or whatever that is).

WOW Four Kings are impossible in NG+ I spent hours yesterday trying to beat them and with help and I couldn't.

Iron Flesh + Great Combustion / Combustion / Any other offensive pyromancy

On an unrelated subject, today I discovered that it's possible for weapons to have completely inferior stats to another yet deal more damage. For example, the Balder Side Sword does 35 more damage per hit than a Longsword. The Longsword's attack rating is equal or higher in every case (with my character's stats). Apparantly each when has a hidden modifier possibly tied to the amount of stamina consumed per swing. Need to investigate this more.

On an unrelated subject, today I discovered that it's possible for weapons to have completely inferior stats to another yet deal more damage. For example, the Balder Side Sword does 35 more damage per hit than a Longsword. The Longsword's attack rating is equal or higher in every case (with my character's stats). Apparantly each when has a hidden modifier possibly tied to the amount of stamina consumed per swing. Need to investigate this more.

Please do. Me and my friend were wondering this as well. This game just doesn't have things for the sake of filler. Everything is there for a reason it seems. So it wouldn't make sense for them to just have all these weapons, but have a select few be "the weapons" to use.

I actually did that after I posted here and beat them in my second try. Without Iron Flesh they killed me with just two hits.

I actually did that after I posted here and beat them in my second try. Without Iron Flesh they killed me with just two hits.

Iron Flesh is funny for PVP. Just walk around like a freaking sentinel, fire blasting as you slowly make your way to them lol.

I restarted as a sorcerer, just on my way to Senns Fortress now. Patch 1.04 is hitting today for Japan, fixes a load of issues and exploits apparently. We should have it within the week in EU/US.

I restarted as a sorcerer, just on my way to Senns Fortress now. Patch 1.04 is hitting today for Japan, fixes a load of issues and exploits apparently. We should have it within the week in EU/US.

Is there a site with patch notes as to what they are changing and fixing?

Is there a site with patch notes as to what they are changing and fixing?

Best translation so far, a lot of nerfs, game will be harder! Weapon scaling has been fixed now which is great news.

A more in depth translation

Translated by Brett (twitch.tv/thebrett)

Taken from in-game testing / jp wiki notes (http://w.livedoor.jp/project_dark)

Magic Changes:

Pyro Glove nerfed from 270 to 230.

You can see resonance signs now.

Vow of Silence range increased.

Homing Soul Mass and other pursuit style spells nerfed.

Magic Shield and Strong Magic Shield duration lowered.

Tranquil Walk of Peace and other Slow duration reduced to ~10 secs. Effect supposedly changed from 100% encumberance to 50%.

Iron Flesh effectiveness nerfed.

Status Changes:

Initial weight increased

Humanity Item drop rate increased from 10 to 210

Medium roll recovery faster? (unclear and unconfirmed)

Equipment Changes:

Reported some weapon scaling gets improved at higher normal upgrades (+15 uchi dex scaling goes to A)

Some scaling reported as changing from A to S with higher upgrades

Normal upgrade path buffed by ~10%

Lightning path nerfed slightly (~5%)

Grant scaling changed?

Gold-hemmed nerfed, still un-upgraded

Dust skirt nerfed hard

Silver Knights, Sun, Hollow Soldier's Shield and other medium shield stability nerfed to ~70 at max upgrades to improve Great Shield viability.

Crystal Ring Shield scaling drastically nerfed. Does around ~200 +-50

Dragon Greatsword buffed from 360 to 390.

Combat Changes:

Lock-on acquisition range increased.

Lock-on changing/switching got easier.

Ring of Fog users can now be locked on.

PVE Changes:

Damage reduced on some mobs?

HP lowered on some mobs?

Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones

Ghosts and Skeletons give souls now.

Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved.

Some mobs may have added drops (Pyromancer dropping Lantern? Unconfirmed).

Online Changes:

You can see resonance signs.

Some invasion restrictions possibly changed? Darkwraith upperlimit confirmed as unchanged.

Amount of souls the Master of the game gains changed.

Cracked Eye Orbs no longer get consumed on failure. Confirmed

Other Changes:

Official Guide nerfed.

Lowered requirements for Sunbro covenenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)

Fixed some freeze issues

Lvl up screen displays souls needed properly now

Dragon-head glitch, snuggly, and magic shield glitches fixed.

Fixed a bug where your inputs come out 1 second later.

Fixed a bug where the second solaire event wont progress.

Fixed a bug where feeding frampt a titanite stone then going over 99 resulted in having zero.

Fixed some specific map areas where you'd get stuck or be unable to progress.

Changed some english subtitles on the overseas port.

Merchant stock updates:

Male Undead Merchant: Also sells bottomless box

Female Undead Merchant: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts

Andrei: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts

Domnhal of Xena: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Master Key

Giant Blacksmith (Fapsmith): Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Titanite Shards, Large ###### Shards, Twinkling (8000 per, inf amount), Green Shards, Repair box, upgrade boxes

Vamos: Arrows / Crossbolts, Small ######, Large ######, Repair box / upgrade boxes

Inglwood: Sells Transient Curses

So Iron Flesh is useless now and why use Ring of Fog if you can be locked on? Game is going to be harder.

Would still help you sneak up I guess.