Died a lot again.

Being poisoned is annoying me too. It is so slow to go away and i end up wasting half my etus flasks trying to stay alive.

Still loving the game though. Even when the simplest mob kills me... because i know it is my fault i died.

Grab some Purple Moss if you can. I know the Merchant in the sewer sells some or you can get them from the forest area from the tree creatures.

If you haven't already been to Blight Town....be prepared for a lot of poison! lol

Brother in law thinks the opposite than most folks and thinks this game is easier than Demon Souls.

Died a lot again.

Being poisoned is annoying me too. It is so slow to go away and i end up wasting half my etus flasks trying to stay alive.

Still loving the game though. Even when the simplest mob kills me... because i know it is my fault i died.

Have you tried wearing "Poisonbite Ring" that you can purchase form Oswald of Carim in the first bell tower for 15000 souls?

Thanks, i will try those things. When i get to those points

I have only just got past the Red Dragon, basically the first things that can poison me (rats) sometimes get me.

Should I play Demon Souls before this or does it matter at all? I don't know if they are linked or if they are just two insanely hard games from the same people.

They are just two insanely difficult games.

I've not played the first one so i might be wrong but it doesn't seem like this game is a sequel. You get a little story at the start to explain why you're there and then you're off on your own dieing a lot.

Thanks, i will try those things. When i get to those points

I have only just got past the Red Dragon, basically the first things that can poison me (rats) sometimes get me.

Ahh, when I was a newbie I too got destroyed by these rats for a while, nowadays I don't know why I even have trouble with them. Just hold shield and back off them when they attack, when they miss you completely, it is a good time to attack. And once you attack, just be relentless. They shouldn't be too hard to strike down.

Dark Souls and Demon Souls are two "unlinked" games, as in story is different and all but some design and characters are shared as if to pay homage to the other. It doesn't really matter, but if you spend a lot of time in a game, I say go for Dark Souls first, as you probably want to play it while the online is still very active.

It's weird (both in this game and Demon's Souls) that out of all the "hard" enemies, bosses are the easiest ones. Most of them have some cheap tactic you can use to kill them easily.

And then even for non boss enemies, the game greatly rewards playing cheap instead of going straight into a "fair" fight.

So far I've killed every knight I've found just by throwing firebombs while walking away from them. The Taurus demon managed to hit me once as I kept getting stuck on his legs when trying to get back up the ladder, but the Capra demon was ridiculously easy. Same with the Hydra.

The guy with the dragon tooth in Burg's watchtower is insanely hard to kill in close combat but then he doesn't follow you out of the tower, so you can exploit that and kill him with ease.

All that kinda spoils the supposed difficulty of the game :/

Then on the other hand you have the ghosts in New Lando that are a major PITA :pinch:

I'm trying to build kind of a "tank" class starting with the knight. I did the same in Demon's Souls and while it's not that effective compared to other builds, watching enemies get crushed under a huge sword is quite satisfying :D I went around dual wielding maxed out Dragon Bone Smashers back then, just because it looked badass :rofl:

I just bought the key to unlock the door in the forest, it looks like a nice area for farming souls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am hating Demon Ruins right now. Noone to group with and I'm sitting outside the second bosses door. I hear the next area is worse though.

I was told that Lost Izalith was harder too, But you can run past all of the hard guys in the first half of the area. That ony leaves the Flame statues and a couple of other hard ones and an NPC.

• 4 weeks later...

The facebook thing is more likely for DLC, DLC is rumoured to be announced in March.

Really hope so, don't care for a PC version, the online will be exploited and cheated within to hell and back. If given the choice of better visuals or reliable MP, I'd go with MP. Cannot be expressed how much MP/CoOp means to this game.

Well as someone who doesn't have a console I would love to get my hands on a pc version. If it does happen and if the multiplayer is exploited then I'll worry about that when it happens. :rofl:

Nice! I have the game on 360, but it's nice to see that PC gamers might have their wishes answered. It's a great game, and the seems like it would be a good fit for the PC crowd, potential multiplayer exploits notwithstanding.

I still need to return to this game sooner or later. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I haven't revisited the game ever since having my ass handed to me by the Capra Demon (and then I found out that he shows up later as a normal enemy, which made me feel even worse, lol). Sooner or later I'm going to have to start a new game and seek redemption :laugh: .

Nice! I have the game on 360, but it's nice to see that PC gamers might have their wishes answered. It's a great game, and the seems like it would be a good fit for the PC crowd, potential multiplayer exploits notwithstanding.

I still need to return to this game sooner or later. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I haven't revisited the game ever since having my ass handed to me by the Capra Demon (and then I found out that he shows up later as a normal enemy, which made me feel even worse, lol). Sooner or later I'm going to have to start a new game and seek redemption :laugh: .

I'm lost on my NG+ maxed out pyro. Last time i tried him, I forgot what area/boss I had to go to next, and spent an hour running around with no luck of finding my path lol.

• 3 weeks later...