Alternating posts colors added back in (default theme)

We have added the alternating post colors back in to Pegasuis, due to the complaints about the page being too bright under the header area.

You'll need to CTRL + F5 and any feedback is always welcomed.

Testing -

i've always liked the alternating stuff but i'll have to go check longer posts :)

EDIT - Maybe it's just the change that i'm not used to - maybe a 1 or 2 shades lighter blue would work better? It kinda suggests something is special about my post like the green backgrounds for "answers" in posts or those kinda things we had before. I still like it however. (Y)

Testing -

i've always liked the alternating stuff but i'll have to go check longer posts :)

EDIT - Maybe it's just the change that i'm not used to - maybe a 1 or 2 shades lighter blue would work better? It kinda suggests something is special about my post like the green backgrounds for "answers" in posts or those kinda things we had before. I still like it however. (Y)

I wanted it darker, but we agreed that it would then be the same color as the top bar in posts, and it's already a shade lighter than the default background, I think it looks great!

PS: The alt post color doesn't work with ajax fast replies btw, because of the way the posts are saved.

I was ok with the original setting for Pegasus. Good to see the powers that be react to user requests though. (Y)

• Like 1

Just this makes the forums much more interesting to see with the default layout.

Next stop, a Legacy Theme for the forums :D

PS : The smileys pane needs to be put on the right of the text box, not on a new line below. And put the most common smileys on the first page of the carousel, not the ones nobody uses !

PS : The smileys pane needs to be put on the right of the text box, not on a new line below. And put the most common smileys on the first page of the carousel, not the ones nobody uses !

that's something that IPB changed with the new version, and afaik it can't be changed, or at least no one has figured out HOW to change it yet,

neowin has yet to even figure out how to skin the reply box yet

neowin has yet to even figure out how to skin the reply box yet

If you mean the CKEditor, they can edit ipb_ckeditor.css through the ACP.

Oh they chose CKEditor? Then it shouldn’t be too hard to change.

I can’t believe IPB has done this by default, it’s insane to include the least used smileys first. And if you want to see them all, they still show us a popup window… with all the AJAX libraries these days, this is inadmissible.

Oh they chose CKEditor? Then it shouldn’t be too hard to change.

I can’t believe IPB has done this by default, it’s insane to include the least used smileys first. And if you want to see them all, they still show us a popup window… with all the AJAX libraries these days, this is inadmissible.

I spent over an hour a couple of days ago reordering them (which is retarded that you have to drag/drop over 100 emoticons) only to find my ordering was then ignored for some reason a few hours later!

Ordering at the top in ACP > Emoticon management, as you can see it doesn't do that in the editor though?

post-2-0-62214400-1317728017.png

I spent over an hour a couple of days ago reordering them (which is retarded that you have to drag/drop over 100 emoticons) only to find my ordering was then ignored for some reason a few hours later!

Ordering at the top in ACP > Emoticon management, as you can see it doesn't do that in the editor though?

-snip-

They're showing up in that order for me.

Smileyorder.png

Oh yes, it’s now working fine. Thanks for addressing that, Neobond. :)

However, I don’t know if it’s something you should report to them. The default order is pretty erroneous IMHO.