Which Windows Phone(S) Will You Buy?

Which Windows Phone(s) will you buy with Mango update once it releases?

• Nokia
  • HTC
  • Samsung
  • Others

Well, I probably won't be updating my current LG Optimus 7 until a year from now or so... but Nokia hardware is freakin' sexy, can't wait to see what they do with WP7.

p.s. my two previous phones were Nokia, the last one with S60, Symbian was one of the reasons I moved away from Nokia in the meantime.

I want to upgrade from my EVO. So the first one to have a better battery life that can last as I play music on it for a few hours a day and have at least 16GB. O and it needs to be sprint.

I'm planning on going with the Samsung Focus S. Just wish they'd hurry up and make it available, I'm getting impatient.

Any phone that comes to Verizon other than the Trophy :) Particularly interested in what Nokia will bring.

First Nokia if there IS something interesting going to wait for their wp7 devices

my second choice would be HTC

third samsung

I'm looking forward to the next Samsung puts out as their next top end device. I suppose by nature we all have to be excited by whatever Nokia puts out... but I guess I'll take whatever turns up on Orange as I've still got an upgrade lying around :p

Was tempted by the Titan until I saw the review on the forum... not any more :p After checking out Nokia's offerings I'm very tempted by this, but my contract runs out in November... I don't fancy having to wait too long to get a new phone after that.

If I upgrade to a WP7 device it will either be the Titan or Focus S. Need to research WP7 first though before deciding between one of those or the Galaxy S2 or LG Thrill.

If I upgrade to a WP7 device it will either be the Titan or Focus S. Need to research WP7 first though before deciding between one of those or the Galaxy S2 or LG Thrill.

Honestly, the best way to do research is to ask a friend to try out his phone and show you what's so different about it. Looking online is a bit of a task and you're wasting your breath asking sales reps in phone stores, as they know probably as much as you do about WP7 ("yeah it has live tiles its pretty cool, i dont know what that means though", "err, err, windows... phone?", etc). I ended up doing an informative sales pitch, to the sales rep, in the last phone shop I entered. I lol'd.

Honestly, the best way to do research is to ask a friend to try out his phone and show you what's so different about it. Looking online is a bit of a task and you're wasting your breath asking sales reps in phone stores, as they know probably as much as you do about WP7 ("yeah it has live tiles its pretty cool, i dont know what that means though", "err, err, windows... phone?", etc). I ended up doing an informative sales pitch, to the sales rep, in the last phone shop I entered. I lol'd.

Yeah I found that out the hard way yesterday when I asked about WP7. I researched it, found out enough about it to consider it and when I asked him he recommended Android...And then when I told him I was considering the Thrill because I didn't want to spend the extra 100 bucks on the GS2 when the GS2 LTE is being developed and the GS2 will be outdated in 6 months anyways, he still tried to sell me on it because of course it's an extra 200 dollars for him on his sale.

I can't say for sure which one I will buy. After all, I have only seen the HTC Titan.

After seeing the Samsung Focus S and the Nokia Ace, I will decide.

• 2 weeks later...

Nokia Sabre most likely, given all the stuff I've been reading recently there's a good chance it'll launch at around $400. I'm on Mobilicity so I need the best reception I can get, and also a phone that supports AWS. That's pretty much Nokia (or the Dell Venue Pro which my girlfriend already has). The Sabre seems to suit my needs and wants just fine.