So Mango is out where are the advertisements

I gotta admit, i haven't seen a single thing about this. :s

It's like they aren't even trying to be number 1. :rolleyes:

if your country language supported and you can buy stuff from the market place then you are lucky

i know a lot of people knows about windows phone 7 but they can't bring it to the market or buy it because our language isn't supported and we cant buy anything from the market so no one want to buy it and they pick android or iphone or BlackBerry or Nokia Symbian

the language of 22 countries aren't supported :angry:

feel your pain , shame really :(

i would went WP7 , but nope Microsoft for some reason hate us :no:

My next phone would be either Iphone 4s (shocker!!) or Samsung Galaxy S2/LTE due next month , can't sit my mind really (from my current aging Nokia N85 )

In an interview to Bloomberg, Andy Lees from Microsoft said that Microsoft is getting aggressive in marketing Windows Phone. Microsoft’s OEM partners are likely to increase their marketing budgets on Windows Phones. Another important thing he spoke about is that they are focusing on retail staff. Training them on new Windows Phone to promote it and to step up retailer incentives and boost in-store promotions. He ended up the interview by saying,

First off, it's not just MS's job, the OEMs need to market their own damn phones as well, MS isn't the ones making the device itself, this isn't the Xbox we're talking about. Second the carriers need to get their retail people in check. MS is sending out sales reps to the retail shops to get the ignorant people up to date on the new platform. If any sales rep thinks WP is just WM with a new skin is either totally clueless or a fanboy.

Actually, lets be honest, retail sales people get nice little incentives to sell you a specific device, I bet Apple has a nice little kick back, or at least some number of high end Android phones do I'm sure. Which is why you end up with some sales reps who, even when you ask for something specific, try to sell you something else regardless.

Now MS is going to start playing this retail game, something it didn't do before. The Titan will see adverts when it's "officially" released with some carriers. Even if you can pre-order a unlocked device now it's not yet really out there. You'll see adverts more and more as we get closer to the holidays as well.

WP7 may be the greatest thing in the world but if Nokia drops the ball then it could be it. Mind you, Nokia has pretty much put all of its future eggs in the WP7 basket as well. They can't afford any further setbacks.

In an interview to Bloomberg, Andy Lees from Microsoft said that Microsoft is getting aggressive in marketing Windows Phone. Microsoft’s OEM partners are likely to increase their marketing budgets on Windows Phones. Another important thing he spoke about is that they are focusing on retail staff. Training them on new Windows Phone to promote it and to step up retailer incentives and boost in-store promotions. He ended up the interview by saying,

First off, it's not just MS's job, the OEMs need to market their own damn phones as well, MS isn't the ones making the device itself, this isn't the Xbox we're talking about. Second the carriers need to get their retail people in check. MS is sending out sales reps to the retail shops to get the ignorant people up to date on the new platform. If any sales rep thinks WP is just WM with a new skin is either totally clueless or a fanboy.

Actually, lets be honest, retail sales people get nice little incentives to sell you a specific device, I bet Apple has a nice little kick back, or at least some number of high end Android phones do I'm sure. Which is why you end up with some sales reps who, even when you ask for something specific, try to sell you something else regardless.

Now MS is going to start playing this retail game, something it didn't do before. The Titan will see adverts when it's "officially" released with some carriers. Even if you can pre-order a unlocked device now it's not yet really out there. You'll see adverts more and more as we get closer to the holidays as well.

I sure hope this is true, I mean Microsoft did do ads for Windows 7 and they could at least get the ball rolling again with some for Mango. Now the OEMs by deciding to make a Windows Phone also should be bound to at least try to sell/promote them. I would think that if you are going to invest in something like Windows Phone you would want to promote it like the Android phones. The retail staff thing is so true though. I have been to several stores where the staff almost would shy away or steer you away from Windows Phone. One guy I talked with seemed clueless that it was brand new and not Windows Mobile, infact I felt that I knew more about it than he did. Microsoft really needs to get on the ball with the OEMs and retail partners or else this could be another Zune case in which Microsofts problem is Microsoft.

I expect they would wait to advertise again until there are new devices out that they can sell...

Wouldn't really make sense to advertise a free update that everyone is getting...

I expect they would wait to advertise again until there are new devices out that they can sell...

Wouldn't really make sense to advertise a free update that everyone is getting...

Yes because they wouldn't make money if they'd sell "old" phones :rolleyes:

I expect the ads to come at the start of Nov and into the future, and yes, it's all about the new phones, it's too hard to sell a year old device regardless of having mango on it or not, plus they don't ship with mango anyways, you'l have to update it after you start it up the first time on your own.

Everyone, MS mostly, is going to wait for Nokia to have it's event and then start to push with their new devices. Samsung and HTC should step up the game as well so we'll have to wait and see. There was a post saying the HTC Trophy saw a sales boost the last 12 weeks or something? The original phones will sell if you more or less give them out for very cheap on a contract, otherwise unlocked at retail no ones going to buy them. My LG Optimus 7 is selling for around 300 euros almost a year later, that's still pricy, though it's 200 down from what I paid way back then.

Yes because they wouldn't make money if they'd sell "old" phones :rolleyes:

Well, "old" phones have been discounted, so first off it wouldn't be as much, and second, they're going to have to advertise the new phones anyway, so it really wouldn't make sense to do advertisements for phones that have already been out nearly a year... Who does that? It would make no sense... They'll wait until there are new phones because when people go in to a store, they want to see what's new. not what's been around for a while but just got a software update and is now being advertised... No one would care about that...