[update] New Xbox Dashboard preview now avaiable

We're not supposed to be discussing specific details like that in public. I will, however, say that you should read the Connect site as more information is posted there in regards to timeframe.

Mathachew, you're treading on unstable ground posting that picture mate. That screenshot is confidential information which you agreed not to release to anybody not in the program when you signed the NDA.

So Neowin themselves are in breach of the NDA? That's disappointing.

Na just somebody that visits here more then likely, submited the screen shots.

It would be hard to trace anyway unless their email/gamertag is the same as shown in the screenshot ( which there is none shown)

And yet Neowin took ownership of them by slapping their watermark in the corner, and are hosting them on their own webserver....

I think people have misunderstood what they mean by being registered.

Being registered means they have your console id logged in their system. If you can see the pre-release channel, then your console is registered. That was what took the 1-2 day timeframe.

The update will come early next week, most probably on Tuesday given that they usually release content on a Tuesday, and the 8th is Microsofts official Patch Tuesday.

And yet Neowin took ownership of them by slapping their watermark in the corner, and are hosting them on their own webserver....

So, they only put their watermark on them because other sites including news and major tech sites were hotlinking them/using them without permission.

Heck years ago when i posted pics of the Doom3 early releace, and not long ago my Thermaltale review and pics were on a couple sites in full and exact even with my mispellings used as their own review,,, they even omited the source and my name.

And doesnt really matter regarding the preview, its just that, a preview, not a beta, nonsub's will get the exact same thing a week or 2 after we get it

In my opinion go ahead and post up whatever you like. The first step for anyone remotely ****ed about it would be to ask for a takedown, which would at that point be fair enough and taken down. Until then, no point anyone else getting bent up about it :)

I think people have misunderstood what they mean by being registered.

Being registered means they have your console id logged in their system. If you can see the pre-release channel, then your console is registered. That was what took the 1-2 day timeframe.

The update will come early next week, most probably on Tuesday given that they usually release content on a Tuesday, and the 8th is Microsofts official Patch Tuesday.

Patch Tuesday has nothing to do with the Xbox department. Tuesday has traditionally been the release date for new entertainment media, such as games, music, and movies, however. But neither of that should have any bearing whatsoever on when a beta/preview starts.

So, they only put their watermark on them because other sites including news and major tech sites were hotlinking them/using them without permission.

Heck years ago when i posted pics of the Doom3 early releace, and not long ago my Thermaltale review and pics were on a couple sites in full and exact even with my mispellings used as their own review,,, they even omited the source and my name.

And doesnt really matter regarding the preview, its just that, a preview, not a beta, nonsub's will get the exact same thing a week or 2 after we get it

True statement. I've been apart of every beta except this one from the launch of NXE and never has an issue occurred with showing it off. It's a PREVIEW like you stated, not a beta.

True statement. I've been apart of every beta except this one from the launch of NXE and never has an issue occurred with showing it off. It's a PREVIEW like you stated, not a beta.

If someone reports you, they can remove your connection to Xbox Live until it launches officially. It's likely no one's reported you breaking the NDA.

If someone reports you, they can remove your connection to Xbox Live until it launches officially. It's likely no one's reported you breaking the NDA.

Typically these "launches" are about a week or two out from the "preview." If you really think about it, these "previews" are more likely sent out in advance to people who took the time to fill out the application to get some minor bug fixes, stress test the servers, and also make to insure no massive issues happen like bricking, and to ease up on the download amount of the new dashboard at launch.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. :/

Typically these "launches" are about a week or two out from the "preview." If you really think about it, these "previews" are more likely sent out in advance to people who took the time to fill out the application to get some minor bug fixes, stress test the servers, and also make to insure no massive issues happen like bricking, and to ease up on the download amount of the new dashboard at launch.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. :/

I never said the previews were much more than a final release candidate, because that's essentially all they are. Doesn't change the fact that the NDA still matters.

I never said the previews were much more than a final release candidate, because that's essentially all they are. Doesn't change the fact that the NDA still matters.

Understood. I agree with what your saying, but we should all know people will bend the rules. That's why to me, it comes off as no big deal. Hopefully that make sense.

I registered for the ME3 beta but northings coming up on my 360...did you have to go to a certain section to find it it?

I registered for the ME3 beta but northings coming up on my 360...did you have to go to a certain section to find it it?

last box on the preview channel that was added after you got accepted for the Dashboard Preview